4 hands on TWO pianos

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.
Music Scores: Yes

Re: 4 hands on TWO pianos

Post by fredbucket »

isokani wrote:Here's a charming little number I just edited ...
Given Isokani's editing I'm prepared to let this one through despite the fact that Bentzson's wsorks are still very much in copyright. However, I would please request that no more Bentzson be posted on PP.

Regards
Fred
caostotale
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: guitar, bass guitar

Post by caostotale »

isokani wrote:Here's a charming little number I just edited ...
Absolutely fantastic!
paolor
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by paolor »

Having initiated this thread I should perhaps contribute from time to time... . If you are interested in 4H versions of these pieces - they can be found at IMSLP, in the case of op.51 even by Brahms himself.
Enjoy!

Br, paolor
Brahms op.51,2 Lehmann Streichquartett Nr.2 2P.pdf
Brahms op.8 Lehmann Klaviertrio 2P.pdf
Brahms op.51,1 Lehmann Streichquartett Nr.1 2P.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

My B&W version of Rafael Joseffy's ''Mährchen'' Scherzo Fantastique from LOC. Alternate to the currently circulating file.
Joseffy_''Mährchen'' Scherzo Fantastique.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

These two Gurlitt pieces have been sitting around forever--now seems like a good time to scan and post them. First, the Rondo in E-flat, Op175 No2. Number three is available from Sibley (and IMSLP) at http://hdl.handle.net/1802/6559. If anyone has number one, please post same.
Gurlitt_Rondo in E-flat, Op175 No2 (2P4H).pdf
Second, a nice set of Eight Melodious Pieces, Op174.
Gurlitt_Eight Melodious Pieces, Op174 (2P4H).pdf
paolor
Pianophiliac

Post by paolor »

Jim Faston wrote:These two Gurlitt pieces have been sitting around forever--now seems like a good time to scan and post them. First, the Rondo in E-flat, Op175 No2. Number three is available from Sibley (and IMSLP) at http://hdl.handle.net/1802/6559. If anyone has number one, please post same.
... anyone has got it ... an enjoyable piece, BTW.
Bw, paolor
Gurlitt op.175,1 Rondo 2P.pdf
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

paolor wrote:
Jim Faston wrote:These two Gurlitt pieces have been sitting around forever--now seems like a good time to scan and post them. First, the Rondo in E-flat, Op175 No2. Number three is available from Sibley (and IMSLP) at http://hdl.handle.net/1802/6559. If anyone has number one, please post same.
... anyone has got it ... an enjoyable piece, BTW.
Bw, paolor
Thanks for completing the set.
Scriabinoff
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by Scriabinoff »

I learned of this after reading a number of years ago from someone posting on another board looking for a version of this, someone responded that two versions were apparently published (but not available), this is one of them and the more modern of the two to my knowledge. I do not know a lot about Justin Ring, just that his name seems to pop up around Fats Waller, and that he played piano in a few jazz groups recordings and apparently may have had a hand in the recording and producing side of things around his time.

The famous "War Horse" (as it is puzzlingly called sometimes....), Chopin's "Heroic" Polonaise in A - Flat Major, Op. 53, Arranged 2P, 4H. Glad I can contribute a 'fresh' version of this classic.
Chopin, F (Arr. Justin Ring) - Polonaise in A - flat Major, Op. 53 for duet (2P, 4H).pdf
Follow Up Request - Please see back matter for score sample, is a scan or the Fidelis Zitterbart Duo Concertante in F-Minor available? The little snipbit they give us here looks interesting.
paolor
Pianophiliac

Post by paolor »

Scriabinoff wrote:I learned of this after reading a number of years ago from someone posting on another board looking for a version of this, someone responded that two versions were apparently published (but not available), this is one of them and the more modern of the two to my knowledge. I do not know a lot about Justin Ring, just that his name seems to pop up around Fats Waller, and that he played piano in a few jazz groups recordings and apparently may have had a hand in the recording and producing side of things around his time.

The famous "War Horse" (as it is puzzlingly called sometimes....), Chopin's "Heroic" Polonaise in A - Flat Major, Op. 53, Arranged 2P, 4H. Glad I can contribute a 'fresh' version of this classic.
Chopin, F (Arr. Justin Ring) - Polonaise in A - flat Major, Op. 53 for duet (2P, 4H).pdf
Follow Up Request - Please see back matter for score sample, is a scan or the Fidelis Zitterbart Duo Concertante in F-Minor available? The little snipbit they give us here looks interesting.
Many thanks for this rarity!
Bw, paolor
relative
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by relative »

Paul Dambis Sonata no.4 for two pianos
Or had I put it to "Music from Baltic States" thread ?
Dambis Sonata no.4 (for 2 pianos).pdf