4 hands on TWO pianos

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
paolor
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Bach and Händel

Post by paolor »

It's a bit too quiet in this thread - but I hope some of you'll enjoy this collection.

Bw,
paolor
Bach & Händel an 2 Klavieren.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ferruccio
Pianophiliac

Re: Bach and Händel

Post by Ferruccio »

paolor wrote:It's a bit too quiet in this thread - but I hope some of you'll enjoy this collection.

Bw,
paolor

Thank you very much, dear Paolor !! This is very, very useful !! :)
Best regards, Ferruccio
Biljana
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Re: Bach and Händel

Post by Biljana »

paolor wrote:It's a bit too quiet in this thread - but I hope some of you'll enjoy this collection.

Bw,
paolor

Thank you Paolor
very much needed indeed,

Regards
Biljana
passthesalt
Pianophiliac

Re: 4 hands on TWO pianos

Post by passthesalt »

I picked this up at the used bookstore today- Dance of the Reed Flutes (Mirlitons) from the Nutcracker, arranged for 2 pianos by Edouard Hesselberg. The publisher titles it "Dance of the Orange Tarts" on the score, but I stuck with the conventional title for the filename.
Tchaikovsky op71 Nutcracker Dance of Reed Flutes (Hesselberg) 2p.PDF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HullandHellandHalifax
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano organ harmonium

Post by HullandHellandHalifax »

passthesalt wrote:I picked this up at the used bookstore today- Dance of the Reed Flutes (Mirlitons) from the Nutcracker, arranged for 2 pianos by Edouard Hesselberg. The publisher titles it "Dance of the Orange Tarts" on the score, but I stuck with the conventional title for the filename.
Dance of the Orange Tarts???? sounds like the publisher has a vision of Dutch ladies of the night pole dancing or something even more revealing!
Not having any experience of this myself other than walking down the Waal and the Dam it is only an assumption on my part (rests case)
regards
Brian
paolor
Pianophiliac

Post by paolor »

passthesalt wrote:I picked this up at the used bookstore today- Dance of the Reed Flutes (Mirlitons) from the Nutcracker, arranged for 2 pianos by Edouard Hesselberg. The publisher titles it "Dance of the Orange Tarts" on the score, but I stuck with the conventional title for the filename.
Many thanks for this little gem! Would be nice to have also the rest of it... comparing this transcription with the one by Economou I would almost prefer this one.

Br,
paolor
passthesalt
Pianophiliac

Post by passthesalt »

paolor wrote:Many thanks for this little gem! Would be nice to have also the rest of it... comparing this transcription with the one by Economou I would almost prefer this one.
Br,
paolor
I see a trek to the U of North Tx music library in my future - they have a copy of Hesselberg's entire 2p Nutcracker up there, including the notorious Dance of the Orange Tarts, Overture, March, Sugar Plum Fairy, Trepak, Arabian Dance, Chinese Dance and Waltz of the Flowers. I'll scan and post the rest of the Suite when I get it.
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

A good one from Sibley..

Publication Name: Phantasie, D moll, für 2 Klaviere zu 4 Händen. Op. 11. Original. Mit Fingersatz versehen von Anton Krause.
URL: https://urresearch.rochester.edu/instit ... onNumber=1
Composer:Bruch, Max (1838 - 1920)
Editor:Krause, Anton (1834 - 1907)

Regards
Fred
phikfy
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: No

Post by phikfy »

A new 2 piano version of Rachmaninoff's Symphonic Dance from the young and brilliant pianist Gryaznoff from his own website.

http://www.gryaznoff.com/Scores/Rachmaninov_dances.pdf
oren segev
Pianophiliac

Post by oren segev »

phikfy wrote:A new 2 piano version of Rachmaninoff's Symphonic Dance from the young and brilliant pianist Gryaznoff from his own website.

http://www.gryaznoff.com/Scores/Rachmaninov_dances.pdf
Hi Phikfy
Thanks for reminded this site
We performed the original Rachmaninoff op 45
And that Gryaznoff arr. (before trying it) looks pretty good
Oren