4 hands on TWO pianos

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
passthesalt
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: 4 hands on TWO pianos

Post by passthesalt »

Here's Cyril Scott's "Jig Fugue in G," which is his two-piano arrangement of Bach's Fugue for Organ, BWV 577:
Scott Jig Fugue in G 2P.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
paolor
Pianophiliac

Post by paolor »

passthesalt wrote:Here's Cyril Scott's "Jig Fugue in G," which is his two-piano arrangement of Bach's Fugue for Organ, BWV 577:
Many thanks for this rarity!! Of the 6 duo transcriptions from Bach's works which Scott accomplished (as far as I know) this is only the second one I get hold of. If you have any chance to find others that'd be great.

Bw, paolor
passthesalt
Pianophiliac

Post by passthesalt »

paolor wrote:
passthesalt wrote:Here's Cyril Scott's "Jig Fugue in G," which is his two-piano arrangement of Bach's Fugue for Organ, BWV 577:
Many thanks for this rarity!! Of the 6 duo transcriptions from Bach's works which Scott accomplished (as far as I know) this is only the second one I get hold of. If you have any chance to find others that'd be great.

Bw, paolor

Paolor, I'm a big fan of Scott's arrangements as well. I'm bribing a friend of mine to get a copy of Scott's "Three Pieces" through interlibrary loan. This includes his 2P versions of Bach's Invention in F, Sarabande in A minor and Gigue in G, all of them very nice transcriptions. As soon as I pay my friend's outrageous ransom demand and get my hands on the music, I'll post all three of them.
passthesalt
Pianophiliac

Post by passthesalt »

I just uploaded Cyril Scott's Lotus Land, arranged for two pianos by Scott himself, on the Music from the British Isles thread.
fleubis
Pianomasochist
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by fleubis »

Thanks much for this, passthesalt. This is GREAT FUN to play. I do hope more of Scott's transcriptions appear.

P.S.: Latest musicology is finally coming around to admitting that the Jig Fugue was not written by Bach.
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

fleubis wrote:P.S.: Latest musicology is finally coming around to admitting that the Jig Fugue was not written by Bach.
...but by somebody else with the same name.

As I understand it, there is no score in Bach's hand which does open up the possibility he did not write it, but like the tomato and fruit in d minor whoever wrote it must have been bloody good. My personal view is that Bach is the composer, but obviously no-one knows for sure.

Regards
Fred
HullandHellandHalifax
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano organ harmonium

Post by HullandHellandHalifax »

For once I agree with fred, the jig fugue for me has all the hallmarks of Bach, the tomato and fruit is most definitely by someone else, probably Pergolesi as he got the blame for just about everything after the success of the Stabat Mater (which even Bach pinched and put his name to).
regards
Brian
passthesalt
Pianophiliac

Post by passthesalt »

Just posted Cyril Scott's Russian Fair, arranged for two pianos, on Music from the British Isles.
passthesalt
Pianophiliac

Post by passthesalt »

Here, finally, is the set of Three Pieces by J.S. Bach, arranged for two pianos by Cyril Scott. The first is Invention in F,
Scott 3 Pieces by Bach - Invention in F 2p.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
passthesalt
Pianophiliac

Post by passthesalt »

Here's Sarabande in A Minor from Three Pieces by J.S. Bach arranged for two pianos by Cyril Scott:
Scott 3 Pieces by Bach - Sarabande 2p.pdf