4 hands on ONE piano

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.
Music Scores: Yes

Re: 4 hands on ONE piano

Post by fredbucket »

For those of us who've been around for a (probably far too) long time, the nature of PianoPhilia has changed somewhat over the years. The rise of sites such as IMSLP coupled with major digitisation projects from libraries all over the world has meant that the complete works of major (and not so major) composers are now freely available on the Net.

So I would ask that uploaders please ensure that their scores are "unique" in that sense, meaning not easily obtainable elsewhere or else are new scans of editions not easily obtainable elsewhere. Whilst PianoPhilia has plenty of space available (currently we have ~70 gigabytes of scores), we still want to make sure we are a quality as well as quantity site.

So, to all of our valued uploaders, please keep up the good work. We need you...

Regards
Fred
System Administrator
Olga
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by Olga »

Here is my contribution into the collection of Mariya Sagradova's transcriptions. The Dance of the Pirates from the ballet "Spartacus" by Aram Khachaturyan for 4 hands.
Khachaturyan, Aram - Dance_of_the_Pirates_from_the_ballet_'Spartacus'.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by mballan »

From Georgian National Library:

Zakhary Paliashvili (1871 - 1933)
Paliashvili Z - Chorus from the opera 'Daisi' - arr. Piano & 4 hands (Cherkeziscvili 1988).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tonylucuchu
Music Scores: No

Post by tonylucuchu »

Can anyone share the duet arrangement of Chopin's ballades and scherzi by Franz Ludwig Schubert? I couldn't find the sheet music or imps or worldcat, Thanks.
tonylucuchu

Post by tonylucuchu »

Does anyone have the complete 4H transcription of all 32 Beethoven Sonatas? Nos. 1-6 and Op. 101 are on IMSLP. I was wondering if anyone know where to find the rest or if there is a place to purchase all of them? Thanks.
tonylucuchu

Post by tonylucuchu »

Dohnanyi first piano quintet is one of my favorite late romantic quintet. Can anyone share the four hands version here? Thanks.
tonylucuchu

Post by tonylucuchu »

Hi, is there a 1 piano 4h transcription of Schumann's Dichterliebe? I know there is a performance on Youtube but could not find the sheet music.

THanks,
Tony
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

tonylucuchu wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:11 am Hi, is there a 1 piano 4h transcription of Schumann's Dichterliebe? I know there is a performance on Youtube but could not find the sheet music.

THanks,
Tony
Unless my ear deceives it's just the vocal+piano being played by MIDI piano. It's suspected that most of the Claudio Colombo recordings are just MIDI. I took the score of Op.48/1 from Musescore and set the voice part to piano. Voila. A "two piano" performance.
https://musescore.com/user/27638568/scores/4976777
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

tonylucuchu wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:12 pm Dohnanyi first piano quintet is one of my favorite late romantic quintet. Can anyone share the four hands version here? Thanks.
Is one known to exist? Do you have a reference for it?
tonylucuchu

Post by tonylucuchu »

I am sharing Markull's 4H version of the first 12 Beethoven piano sonatas. I am still searching for the next volumes. someone uploaded the 4H version of Op. 106 on imslp.org but I can not seem to find the whole volume I would appreciate if you have any suggestions on where to look.

Tony