Page 51 of 53

Re: Salon music

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:43 am
by FW190
Two more.
Published by Metzler, London, nd [1877-78]

Dorn,Ed.-.Pera-Valse-orientale-(pno-Metzler-Edition-1877).pdf

Dorn,Ed.-.Morning-chimes-Caprice-matinal-(pno-Metzler-Edition~1878).pdf

Re: Salon music

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:25 am
by FW190
Two more.
Published by Enoch, London, nd. [~1870]

Dorn,Ed.-.Souvenir-Hongroise-Air-varié-(pno-Enoch-Edition).pdf

Dorn,Ed.-.Paul-&-Virginie-Dialogue-Ballade-(pno-Enoch-Edition).pdf

Re: Salon music

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:20 pm
by tobyjj
Thanks for the recent postings,

tobyjj

Re: Salon music

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:02 am
by fleubis
Thanks for posting these, FW190. Fun playing through these old Dorn pieces.

Re: Salon music

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:20 pm
by musiclife217
a charming, and rare, salon piece, that has luckily been recorded...

enjoy!

Schmitt, Jacob (Jakob )- Op. 201 - Rondino - La Rose

Schmitt, Jacob (Jakob)-Op. 201-Rondino-La Rose.pdf


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udciwxwwaG8

Re: Salon music

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:17 pm
by musiclife217
musiclife217 wrote:a charming, and rare, salon piece, that has luckily been recorded...

enjoy!

Schmitt, Jacob (Jakob )- Op. 201 - Rondino - La Rose

Schmitt, Jacob (Jakob)-Op. 201-Rondino-La Rose.pdf


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udciwxwwaG8


I am also looking for a few more from this set - any contributions would be appreciated!

Spindler, Fritz - Op. 291 No. 05 - Idylle - Styrische (Styrian Idyll) (from Steyrische Idyllen für Piano)

Sartorio, Arnoldo - Op. 201 - Chanson Sans Paroles [Sartorio Album V]

Wolff, Bernhard - Op. 08 - Morceaux de Salon

Chateau, Henri - Valse - Le Souper

Jungmann, Albert - WoO - "Sympathie" Melodie

Finocchi, Georges - Op. 38 - Polka-Mazurka - Albert

Labadie, Henri [Hyppolite] - WoO - Valse - Mia Cara

Erler, Hermann?/Behr, Franz (as Charles Morley) - Dans Les Montagnes (Sur La Montagne)

Ducommun [Дюкомен], L. - Op. 109 - Valse - L'inseparable

Schafer [Schaefer/Shefer], Alexandre - Op. 18 No. 08 - Pepita

Re: Salon music

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:18 pm
by Jean-Séb
Charming piece, thank you. Lots of other nice salon pieces in the repertoire of the pianist on YouTube.

Re: Salon music

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:17 pm
by musiclife217
Jean-Séb wrote:Charming piece, thank you. Lots of other nice salon pieces in the repertoire of the pianist on YouTube.


Yes! and, you're welcome! Any help with the others would be appreciated.

Re: Salon music

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:41 pm
by Jean-Séb
I wish I could help, but I think it will be difficult, although some names are very familiar, as Spindler or Sartorio, but I don't think I have the mentioned works. Most of the other names are even quite unknown to me. It seems that some of them were more active in Russia than elsewhere, and it may be quite difficult to get their works from non-Russian sources. For examples, I have seen than most of the works by Henry Labadie (although a French name) have been published in Russian :
https://archive.org/stream/universalhan ... 9/mode/1up
However the waltz Mia Cara was apparently published by a French music publisher Langlois, but I cannot find any trace of the score.

Re: Salon music

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:43 am
by musiclife217
Jean-Séb wrote:I wish I could help, but I think it will be difficult, although some names are very familiar, as Spindler or Sartorio, but I don't think I have the mentioned works. Most of the other names are even quite unknown to me. It seems that some of them were more active in Russia than elsewhere, and it may be quite difficult to get their works from non-Russian sources. For examples, I have seen than most of the works by Henry Labadie (although a French name) have been published in Russian :
https://archive.org/stream/universalhan ... 9/mode/1up
However the waltz Mia Cara was apparently published by a French music publisher Langlois, but I cannot find any trace of the score.


Yes, thank you for the efforts. I did see some at Berlin and also BnF, including the Labadie. Will have to keep searching and/or make orders... Thanks again!