Salon music

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Salon music

Post by Jean-Séb »

I cannot see any Labadie music at the BNF, at least on their Gallica website.
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist

Post by Jean-Séb »

We have probably already most of them, but here is a nice selection of once famous pieces by Godard, Lack, Thomé and others.
https://archive.org/stream/CSM_001643#page/n3/mode/2up
Phillip210
Pianophiliac

Post by Phillip210 »

Jean-Séb wrote:We have probably already most of them, but here is a nice selection of once famous pieces by Godard, Lack, Thomé and others.
https://archive.org/stream/CSM_001643#page/n3/mode/2up
Thank you very much for that link. As you say, there is a lot of 'familiar' repertoire in there, but the album has one or two pieces by Lack and Thomé which I hadn't seen elsewhere (and which aren't on IMSLP). Incidentally, the polka called Turtle Dove in the album is none other than the foundation of Rachmaninov's 'Polka de WR'.
Timtin
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: Piano40

Post by Timtin »

Hoppy Christmas!
Thornton-Clifton The Kangaroo Hop.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
musiclife217
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by musiclife217 »

I was able to obtain the collection of selected Sonatinas from Jacob Schmitt. Some are posted on IMSLP; others may be "new" to us.
Schmitt, Jacob-Sonatinas (Selected).pdf
Sonatinas included:

Op. 249 No. 02
Op. 248 No. 03
Op. 249 No. 01
Op. 248 No. 04
Op. 248 No. 02
Op. 83 No. 02
Op. 29
Op. 248 No. 01
Op. 249 No. 04
Op. 249 No. 03

...also an interesting note on the cover indicating that they serve as Preparatory introduction to Clementi-Kuhlau 32 Sonatinas and Rondos.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ilu
Pianomaniac

Post by ilu »

Hi musiclife217:

Thank you, it is a classic book and excellent for first level and preparatory for next ones.

ILU.
Quo melius Illac
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist

Post by Jean-Séb »

Thank you very much for these, musiclife. Not sure it qualifies for Salon music, though. Maybe closer to Piano Methods (general) or even Piano etudes.
viewtopic.php?p=34077#p34077
viewtopic.php?p=33396#p33396
It does not really matter, I guess.
Phillip210
Pianophiliac

Brinley Richards

Post by Phillip210 »

Just to let you know that I recently posted on IMSLP scans of my copies of the first 12 of his 18(?) 'Recollections of Wales': https://goo.gl/d1Ygbe, which are transcriptions (usually with a few variations) of Welsh tunes. They were obviously regarded as significant in his lifetime as they were mentioned in an obituary, but they seem to have become very scarce. Alas I don't have the last 6, but I think the British Library has them, and maybe sometime I will go there and photograph them. These are useful pieces, as many of the underlying tunes are still familiar.
ctejada

Post by ctejada »

Hello all, can't begin to say how much I love this website and it's users' contributions. Here's my first. Found at an estate sale. Enjoy
Valse.Louis.Lefebure.pdf
musiclife217
Pianomaniac

Re: Brinley Richards

Post by musiclife217 »

Phillip210 wrote:Just to let you know that I recently posted on IMSLP scans of my copies of the first 12 of his 18(?) 'Recollections of Wales': https://goo.gl/d1Ygbe, which are transcriptions (usually with a few variations) of Welsh tunes. They were obviously regarded as significant in his lifetime as they were mentioned in an obituary, but they seem to have become very scarce. Alas I don't have the last 6, but I think the British Library has them, and maybe sometime I will go there and photograph them. These are useful pieces, as many of the underlying tunes are still familiar.
Thank you for these, Phillip! They are lovely! Do you have a scan of the Richards' Fantasias, especially the transcription of the Mendelssohn Cradle Song that you played?