Salon music

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music

Re: Salon music

Postby FW190 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:43 am

Two more.
Published by Metzler, London, nd [1877-78]

Dorn,Ed.-.Pera-Valse-orientale-(pno-Metzler-Edition-1877).pdf

Dorn,Ed.-.Morning-chimes-Caprice-matinal-(pno-Metzler-Edition~1878).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In Bach we trust.
User avatar
FW190
Pianophiliac
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:22 pm

Re: Salon music

Postby FW190 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:25 am

Two more.
Published by Enoch, London, nd. [~1870]

Dorn,Ed.-.Souvenir-Hongroise-Air-varié-(pno-Enoch-Edition).pdf

Dorn,Ed.-.Paul-&-Virginie-Dialogue-Ballade-(pno-Enoch-Edition).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In Bach we trust.
User avatar
FW190
Pianophiliac
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:22 pm

Re: Salon music

Postby tobyjj » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:20 pm

Thanks for the recent postings,

tobyjj
tobyjj
Pianomaniac
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: Salon music

Postby fleubis » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:02 am

Thanks for posting these, FW190. Fun playing through these old Dorn pieces.
fleubis
Pianomasochist
 
Posts: 1884
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Salon music

Postby musiclife217 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:20 pm

a charming, and rare, salon piece, that has luckily been recorded...

enjoy!

Schmitt, Jacob (Jakob )- Op. 201 - Rondino - La Rose

Schmitt, Jacob (Jakob)-Op. 201-Rondino-La Rose.pdf


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udciwxwwaG8
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
musiclife217
Pianophiliac
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:08 am
Location: U.S.

Re: Salon music

Postby musiclife217 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:17 pm

musiclife217 wrote:a charming, and rare, salon piece, that has luckily been recorded...

enjoy!

Schmitt, Jacob (Jakob )- Op. 201 - Rondino - La Rose

Schmitt, Jacob (Jakob)-Op. 201-Rondino-La Rose.pdf


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udciwxwwaG8


I am also looking for a few more from this set - any contributions would be appreciated!

Spindler, Fritz - Op. 291 No. 05 - Idylle - Styrische (Styrian Idyll) (from Steyrische Idyllen für Piano)

Sartorio, Arnoldo - Op. 201 - Chanson Sans Paroles [Sartorio Album V]

Wolff, Bernhard - Op. 08 - Morceaux de Salon

Chateau, Henri - Valse - Le Souper

Jungmann, Albert - WoO - "Sympathie" Melodie

Finocchi, Georges - Op. 38 - Polka-Mazurka - Albert

Labadie, Henri [Hyppolite] - WoO - Valse - Mia Cara

Erler, Hermann?/Behr, Franz (as Charles Morley) - Dans Les Montagnes (Sur La Montagne)

Ducommun [Дюкомен], L. - Op. 109 - Valse - L'inseparable

Schafer [Schaefer/Shefer], Alexandre - Op. 18 No. 08 - Pepita
musiclife217
Pianophiliac
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:08 am
Location: U.S.

Re: Salon music

Postby Jean-Séb » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:18 pm

Charming piece, thank you. Lots of other nice salon pieces in the repertoire of the pianist on YouTube.
Jean-Séb
Pianomaniac
 
Posts: 796
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:30 pm

Re: Salon music

Postby musiclife217 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:17 pm

Jean-Séb wrote:Charming piece, thank you. Lots of other nice salon pieces in the repertoire of the pianist on YouTube.


Yes! and, you're welcome! Any help with the others would be appreciated.
musiclife217
Pianophiliac
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:08 am
Location: U.S.

Re: Salon music

Postby Jean-Séb » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:41 pm

I wish I could help, but I think it will be difficult, although some names are very familiar, as Spindler or Sartorio, but I don't think I have the mentioned works. Most of the other names are even quite unknown to me. It seems that some of them were more active in Russia than elsewhere, and it may be quite difficult to get their works from non-Russian sources. For examples, I have seen than most of the works by Henry Labadie (although a French name) have been published in Russian :
https://archive.org/stream/universalhan ... 9/mode/1up
However the waltz Mia Cara was apparently published by a French music publisher Langlois, but I cannot find any trace of the score.
Jean-Séb
Pianomaniac
 
Posts: 796
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:30 pm

Re: Salon music

Postby musiclife217 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:43 am

Jean-Séb wrote:I wish I could help, but I think it will be difficult, although some names are very familiar, as Spindler or Sartorio, but I don't think I have the mentioned works. Most of the other names are even quite unknown to me. It seems that some of them were more active in Russia than elsewhere, and it may be quite difficult to get their works from non-Russian sources. For examples, I have seen than most of the works by Henry Labadie (although a French name) have been published in Russian :
https://archive.org/stream/universalhan ... 9/mode/1up
However the waltz Mia Cara was apparently published by a French music publisher Langlois, but I cannot find any trace of the score.


Yes, thank you for the efforts. I did see some at Berlin and also BnF, including the Labadie. Will have to keep searching and/or make orders... Thanks again!
musiclife217
Pianophiliac
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:08 am
Location: U.S.

PreviousNext

Return to Keyboard Music discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest