Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
thalbergmad
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, banjo
Music Scores: Yes

Re: The Romantic Piano Concerto Thread

Post by thalbergmad »

Scharwenka790 wrote:
thalbergmad wrote:Nice work old chap, never heard of him.

Thal
Shame on you Thal - Villoing was the teacher of Anton Rubinstein and this concerto was played by the young Rubinstein throughout Europe in the 1840s. I've been looking for it for years, so many thanks to Fred for the link.

Mike
I have to admit it was not even on my hit list. One learns something new every day in this place.

If I could only but find the Schumann, I could retire a happy man.

Thal
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

Scharwenka790 wrote:Villoing was the teacher of Anton Rubinstein
...and also of his brother Nicolay. Villoing's nephew Vasily taught, amongst others, Sergey Lyapunov.

Regards
Fred
phikfy
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: No

Post by phikfy »

thalbergmad wrote:
phikfy wrote:Hi all,

Is there any possibility for posting the Ballade for Piano and Orchestra by Tailleferre? It's such a beautiful piece and I do want to include it in my coming concert. The version I want is the two piano version. Thanks in advance.

Best,
Koon
That is still available via print on demand old chap. Or at least it was a couple of years ago when I bought it. Ravishing work.

http://www.musicroom.com/se/id_no/053754/details.html

Luv

Thal
Thanks Thal!!
jre58591

Post by jre58591 »

I have finally tracked down the somewhat elusive Acte Preamble recording of the two Ludomir Różycki works, of which you can read a review here: http://www.musicweb-international.com/c ... AP0217.htm

Has anyone come across any sheet music of his piano/orchestra works? Thanks!
thalbergmad
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, banjo

Post by thalbergmad »

For those that have not heard it, this ancient recording has found its way onto youtube and indeed it is ravishingly beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki49NINiqOQ

The 2 piano reduction of the 1st PC is still available via some music dealers that deal with the catalogue of Wilhelm Hansen, so I had better not post it.

http://sheetmusic.prestoclassical.co.uk ... -WH17567-p

The cost is so absurd, that this is a unique occasion where it is cheaper to get permission from Hansen and order a copy from the British Library which is what I did. Hansen give permission freely unlike some publishers (no names mentioned) that charge $50 for an e mail. I have never bothered to rent a copy of the 2nd Concerto from the PWM as I do not rate it so highly and I don't fancy re mortgaging my house in order to do so.

The ballade if I recall was posted here by honourable site owner.

Concertingly.

Thal
isokani
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by isokani »

if someone REALLY wants a Rozycki concerto score, they're probably in the library 'round here, so I can only ask ... so let us know.
jre58591

Post by jre58591 »

isokani wrote:if someone REALLY wants a Rozycki concerto score, they're probably in the library 'round here, so I can only ask ... so let us know.
I can only speak for myself in saying that it isn't a big deal to me, so I don't want you to go through the trouble. I was hoping that someone had it ready to post, so it wouldn't be a major issue.
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist

Post by Jean-Séb »

With my very best wishes for this New year, and a special thought for our friend Thalbergmad, great concerto lover, here are a few arrangements of solos excerpted from piano concertos. I am not too sure whether Dussek and Herold can be classified as romantic or preromantic but I think it easier to put them all in here.
Herold-Decombes 4e concerto en mi mineur 1er solo.pdf
Ries-Decombes 8e concerto op.151.pdf
Ries-Decombes 3e concerto op.55 1er solo.pdf
Dussek-Decombes 2e concerto op.14 1er solo.pdf
Dussek-Decombes 1er concerto op.3 1er solo.pdf.pdf
Complete concerto piano scores are available for Ries and at least one of the Dussek from IMSLP.
More to come from this series of piano solos/soli when I can access again a scanner.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
4candles
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, organ, (drums)

Post by 4candles »

Happy new year to you all!

I recently requested the piano concerto by Léon Kreutzer from the BNF.

They have since posted on Gallica at this link (click 'télécharger' near the top left to download):

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b5 ... zer.langFR

I have also requested some of his etudes, the links to which I shall put in the relevant thread.
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist

Post by Jean-Séb »

Here is a fragment of the first piano concerto by Mathias, a pupil of Chopin.
Mathias-Decombes 1er Concerto Fragment.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.