Music by Australian Composers

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
iano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Music by Australian Composers

Post by iano »

Thanks Caprotti. Enjoy the 10ths isokani... Many people cheat (the recording by Penelope Thwaites, for example), which is understandable but unfortunate. The big stretches, by virtue of the voicing, make for particularly titillating tonal effect :)
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by mballan »

I think Arthur Benjamin (1893 – 1960) needs little introduction - his Suite for piano from 1927 [apologies for the odd shadowing/shading].

Malcolm & Mr P

Suite for Piano
Benjamin A - Suite (1927).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alfor
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by alfor »

Dear Malcolm (Sir M.), dear Sir P.,

thank you very much for todays postings, especially for Benjamin* and Aubert. The Williams has interesting pedal notation which we know from A. Whitings Brahms editions (Schirmer).

best regards

alfor

*still looking for his "Etudes improvisees", which possibly never appeared in print.
Best regards, Alfor S. Cans

Music is a higher revelation than wisdom and philosophy (Beethoven)

http://www.mediafire.com/alfor
Paddys
Instruments played, if any: Piano.

Post by Paddys »

alfor wrote:Dear Malcolm (Sir M.), dear Sir P.,

thank you very much for todays postings, especially for Benjamin* and Aubert. The Williams has interesting pedal notation which we know from A. Whitings Brahms editions (Schirmer).

best regards

alfor

*still looking for his "Etudes improvisees", which possibly never appeared in print.
I think Lamar Crowson had a copy (the manuscript?) of the Etudes Improvisees. I heard Ian Munro play them a while ago at ANAM in Melbourne. Ian must have a copy. Why not contact him through his web site, or this forum?
Ferruccio
Pianophiliac

Post by Ferruccio »

mballan wrote:I think Arthur Benjamin (1893 – 1960) needs little introduction - his Suite for piano from 1927 [apologies for the odd shadowing/shading].

Malcolm & Mr P

Suite for Piano
Benjamin A - Suite (1927).pdf

Dear Malc,

thank you so very much for this Benjamin score. This is high quality music ! I'm gonna play that !
Best regards, Ferruccio
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

Ferruccio wrote: This is high quality music ! I'm gonna play that !
I look forward to your recording of it ...

Regards
Arthur
sgambatiesque

Post by sgambatiesque »

There's a disc of early piano music from Australia by Tamara Anna Cislowska: The Enchanted Isle.

Confusingly there's two versions: the original single CD (which I have) and a later two disc set combining the former with a second unnamed disc.
http://www.allmusic.com/album/the-encha ... ic-w170482

I don't have many items from these discs (Grainger aside) apart from some Frank Hutchens (1892-1965), a Kiwi of Cornish descent who spent the latter half-century in Australia as a founding professor at the NSW Conservatorium.
HUTCHENS Weeping Mist.pdf
HUTCHENS Evening.PDF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sgambatiesque

Post by sgambatiesque »

Ernest Hutcheson (1871-1951), studied with two of Liszt's pupils, and eventually became Dean and President of the Juilliard school in New York.
HUTCHESON Op.12-3 Album Leaf.pdf
HUTCHESON Op.12-2 Humoresque.pdf
HUTCHESON Op.12-1 Idyll.pdf
HUTCHESON Op.11 Two Pieces.pdf
HUTCHESON Op.10-2 Capriccio.pdf
sgambatiesque

Post by sgambatiesque »

Frank Hutchens' duet partner for over 40 years, Lindley Evans (1895-1992) was born in South Africa, but moved to Australia as a teenager. He was Nellie Melba's accompanist on many of her English tours.
EVANS.Lindley Rhapsody.pdf
EVANS.Lindley Tally Ho!.pdf
EVANS.Lindley Vignette.pdf
sgambatiesque

Post by sgambatiesque »

sgambatiesque wrote:There's a disc of early piano music from Australia by Tamara Anna Cislowska: The Enchanted Isle.

Confusingly there's two versions: the original single CD (which I have) and a later two disc set combining the former with a second unnamed disc.
http://www.allmusic.com/album/the-encha ... ic-w170482
The combined set is on iTunes, which gives a good set of previews of 41 pieces:

http://itunes.apple.com/fr/album/the-en ... d271249650