Grainger

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
isokani
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Grainger

Post by isokani »

Does anyone have any piano duet (i.e. 1 piano, 4 hands) pieces by Grainger? There aren't as many as the piano duo pieces (which are very numerous) but I still think there are a few. Many thanks to anyone who can help.
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

isokani wrote:Does anyone have any piano duet (i.e. 1 piano, 4 hands) pieces by Grainger? There aren't as many as the piano duo pieces (which are very numerous) but I still think there are a few. Many thanks to anyone who can help.
I'm probably being a bit naughty in putting this one up, but as an example :)

Grainger apparently did not write for 1p4h, but this is an interesting example, as he writes, of a piece set for one piano twosome.
Grainger - Let's Dance Gay in Green Meadow (4 hands).pdf
Regards
Fred
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
isokani
Pianophiliac

Post by isokani »

Well thank you Fred. I know there are his own versions of Children's March and Walking Tune (in extended versions ...) and there are a few more things I will get from Bardic Edition, including a version of the Lonely Desert Man Sees the Tents of the Happy Tribes, which I bought in Blackwell's, Oxford.
Oberon Smith

Post by Oberon Smith »

If I may interject, I have a very old tattered photocopy... yes, that old, photocopy of the "Children March, Over the Hills and Faraway" for 2 pianos, 4 hands. It is a sensational piece of music, a real crowd pleaser. Had much success playing it. Too bad my copy is now so old it is failing... Oberon
isokani
Pianophiliac

Post by isokani »

Yes, I was wrong about the Children's March. He didn't do a duet version, but a 2pf one.
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by mballan »

Warning:

Please can I alert members to be very cautious with posting any scores by Grainger.

Grainger died in 1961 and as such, his works will be within copyright. I do not mind the odd posting of a score, so long as that score is clearly no longer available in print [but please check thoroughly that the score is not in publication]. In the main I suspect most of his works remain in current circulation and hence not suitable to be posted on Pianophilia.

Thank you.

Malcolm
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

Three new Grainger scans have appeared on IMSLP-- the solo piano arrangement of Harvest Hymn and two more of the British Folk-Music Settings: "Scotch Strathspey and Reel" and "The Merry King."
Alkan81

Post by Alkan81 »

Does anybody have scores with Gershwin-Grainger - Porgy and Bess Fantasy for Two Pianos ????
pianojay
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by pianojay »

Alkan81 wrote:Does anybody have scores with Gershwin-Grainger - Porgy and Bess Fantasy for Two Pianos ????
Glad to help: http://www.adrive.com/public/53wdMw/Ger ... 20(2P).pdf
Alkan81

Post by Alkan81 »

pianojay wrote:
Alkan81 wrote:Does anybody have scores with Gershwin-Grainger - Porgy and Bess Fantasy for Two Pianos ????
Glad to help: http://www.adrive.com/public/53wdMw/Ger ... 20(2P).pdf
Thank you!!!