Rare Hanon

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
porilo

Rare Hanon

Post by porilo »

Hi Everyone! My first posting of music here, so I hope that I am doing it correctly and that it will work. I thought I would share a very rare piece by Hanon. Enjoy! Gregory.
hanon-bourriquet-mere-gregoire.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Phillip210
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Rare Hanon

Post by Phillip210 »

porilo wrote:Hi Everyone! My first posting of music here, so I hope that I am doing it correctly and that it will work. I thought I would share a very rare piece by Hanon. Enjoy! Gregory.
Thank you - that is really interesting, and it is indeed by the same Hanon who wrote the exercises. I always wondered if he wrote anything else.
porilo

Post by porilo »

He did write a few "real" pieces of music, according to Grove's Dictionary, but not very many, and most of them seem to be impossible to find. I wonder whether anyone here has any other of Hanon's pieces? There was a very interesting article about him in the Summer 2011 issue of EPTA Piano Professional magazine.
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by Jean-Séb »

rob
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)

Post by rob »

I think this thread is a bit too narrow and am looking for suggestions either to merge it with an existing thread or retitle it to cover an area not already covered by existing threads (unlikely).
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

rob wrote:I think this thread is a bit too narrow and am looking for suggestions either to merge it with an existing thread or retitle it to cover an area not already covered by existing threads (unlikely).
The upload us great to see (thanks, Porilo...I never realised Hanon wrote other stuff) but these posts may be better off in the French Piano Music thread. I don't think think Hanon, important though he may be many generations of pianists (although personally I wish he'd never existed - I hated doing those) is not impoartant enough as a composer to warrant his own thread IMHO.

Regards
Fred
(one pianist for whom Hanon did no good whatsoever...) :twisted:
Timtin
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: Piano40

Post by Timtin »

May I politely suggest that the music of Hanon
be put in Fred's moribund Pianophobia thread? :idea:
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

Timtin wrote:May I politely suggest that the music of Hanon be put in Fred's moribund Pianophobia thread? :idea:
No threads in PP are moribund - just quietly snoozing.

Hanon's music is not what one would call inspiring by any means, and in performance may well cause pianophobia, but the notoriety (if I can use that term) of the composer may well disqualify him from the abyss which is the pianophobia thread.

It's close though, I must admit. We await further uploads from porilo :)

Regards
Fred
WCosand
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by WCosand »

porilo wrote:Hi Everyone! My first posting of music here, so I hope that I am doing it correctly and that it will work. I thought I would share a very rare piece by Hanon. Enjoy! Gregory.
Thank you very much.