Moritz Moszkowski

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
Georgio
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Moritz Moszkowski

Post by Georgio »

@liveforpiano:
I have sent the link to you - have a look in your private message box...
... and listen to the Concerto and give your feedback about early Moszkowski and the performance by Ludmil, please.

Regards, Georgio
thalbergmad
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, banjo

Post by thalbergmad »

Great cover. Glad to see Ludmil has grown a moustache.

Thal
alegitor
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by alegitor »

Georgio wrote:
Alex wrote:Did anyone ever get their hands on a recording of the early piano concerto? I'd love to hear it. Please reply here or send a private message. Thank you!
If anybody is interesting in the recording of the Piano Concerto in B minor Op.3, give me a message.
MMoszkowski.jpg
Best regards,
Georgio

@Alegitor (Ludmil): Is this o.k. for you???
It is fine with me, but ask the administrators here. As a matter of fact this recording belongs to Polish National Radio.

Regards
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

alegitor wrote:It is fine with me, but ask the administrators here. As a matter of fact this recording belongs to Polish National Radio.
...and should be treated as such.

Regards
Fred
Alex
Pianophiliac

Post by Alex »

Finally got a chance to hear the Concerto recording. It is available on Youtube as well for anyone who hasn't heard it yet. I have to say, I absolutely enjoyed it! It certainly feels like Moszkowski's style, especially in the Scherzo and Finale. I think it is wonderful! Certainly deserves a full CD release with some of the other orchestral works (I can only hope). Ludmil, amazing work with learning and performing this piece. I appreciate you taking the time to work on it and perform it so well. I'm going to be listening to this several more times. I love it!
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Alex wrote:Finally got a chance to hear the Concerto recording. It is available on Youtube as well for anyone who hasn't heard it yet. I have to say, I absolutely enjoyed it! It certainly feels like Moszkowski's style, especially in the Scherzo and Finale. I think it is wonderful! Certainly deserves a full CD release with some of the other orchestral works (I can only hope). Ludmil, amazing work with learning and performing this piece. I appreciate you taking the time to work on it and perform it so well. I'm going to be listening to this several more times. I love it!
Quite agree Alex......I've now listened to it several times and find it a very enjoyable and worthwhile concerto.

Malcolm
Ferruccio
Pianophiliac

Post by Ferruccio »

mballan wrote:
Alex wrote:Finally got a chance to hear the Concerto recording. It is available on Youtube as well for anyone who hasn't heard it yet. I have to say, I absolutely enjoyed it! It certainly feels like Moszkowski's style, especially in the Scherzo and Finale. I think it is wonderful! Certainly deserves a full CD release with some of the other orchestral works (I can only hope). Ludmil, amazing work with learning and performing this piece. I appreciate you taking the time to work on it and perform it so well. I'm going to be listening to this several more times. I love it!
Quite agree Alex......I've now listened to it several times and find it a very enjoyable and worthwhile concerto.

Malcolm

Definitely seconded !
Best regards, Ferruccio
alegitor
Pianophiliac

Post by alegitor »

Hello, for eveyone that might be interested, the studio recording of the Concerto will be released in July by Hyperion. On the CD it is paired with Schulz-Evler's Russian Rhapsody - both are first recordings.

Cheers
jre58591

Post by jre58591 »

I'll be getting a copy of the Hyperion CD as soon as possible!

Did anyone post a copy of the score of the Moszkowski Op 3 concerto yet? I would very much like to see it if it is available. Thanks!
Tallaphilia

Post by Tallaphilia »

Looking forward to get the CD. Congratulations Ludmil!
Best regards to all the pianophiliacs