Alfor's Rarities

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
lutoslawski
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano,Violin. Composer.
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Alfor's Rarities

Post by lutoslawski »

alfor wrote:In search of a violinist (2)
Edmund von BORCK
Violin Sonata op. 7
von Borck Violin Sonata op.7.pdf
600dpi re-upload
Ilse FROMM
Skizzen op.5 (excellent!!)
Fromm Skizzen op.5.pdf
Alfor, This vl part for the Borck Sonata is missing 1 or maybe 2 pages. Is it that the Book itself has lost those pages? I was actually thinking in to look for a violinist to see if we can play this certain piece.

Tony
alfor
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by alfor »

lutoslawski wrote: Alfor, This vl part for the Borck Sonata is missing 1 or maybe 2 pages. Is it that the Book itself has lost those pages? I was actually thinking in to look for a violinist to see if we can play this certain piece.

Tony
Dear Tony,

thank you very much for the hint!
I have just re-posted the completed file.

Best regards

alfor
Best regards, Alfor S. Cans

Music is a higher revelation than wisdom and philosophy (Beethoven)

http://www.mediafire.com/alfor
alfor
Pianodeity

Post by alfor »

Another lonesome score in search of a violinist (3):
Yevgeny GOLUBEV
Sonata for Violin and piano op. 37
Golubev Violin Sonata op.37.pdf
Emile-Robert BLANCHET
Exercises en Forme Musicale op. 54 (blocked on IMSLP)
This is of course my personal scan (400dpi)!
Blanchet Exerc. en Forme Musicale op.54.pdf
P.S. Just found a picture of Emil BOHNKE:
http://lbmv-cdm.gbv.de/cdm4/item_viewer ... 0&x=70&y=3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by alfor on Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

4candles
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, organ, (drums)

Post by 4candles »

alfor wrote:Emile Robert BLANCHET
Exercises en Forme Musicale op. 54
Blanchet Exerc. en Forme Musicale op.54.pdf
Thanks so much for these!
I have become very interested in this composer's works. Extra plaudits to you as I know they are pretty hard to come by!
fleubis
Pianomasochist
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by fleubis »

Thanks for the BLANCHET, Alfor. Always nice to have more pieces from this bloke. And he gives some interesting figurations with good fingering to boot.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

UPDATE:

We are all aware, and immensely grateful, to Alfred for the fantastic number of scores he has posted on his thread since he joined Pianophilia. He has freely shared with all of us a wealth of new and often rare music scores, and I for one, fully appreciate the time and effort this takes to locate and scan this number of works. On a totally selfish level I am also extremely grateful for the many rare Russian scores he has posted……as well as numerous 20th century works that are extremely difficult to find.

Over the past few days I have been in discussion with Alfred to look at how we could broaden his contribution to the website. I am aware his thread...…as with several others, has grown very large, and this makes it difficult for both new and old members to search back if trying to locate a score or discussion. Over 100 pages of scores is a magnificent achievement, but very daunting if you are trying to work your way through it.
The same goes for a number of other large threads and so I have, in discussion with FredB and Rob, looked at trying to keep thread pages to a more manageable number. This would mean ensuring any past files are stored in the Archive for easy access; and as Alfred has also helpfully developed his own Archive, this can be accessed either through the PP Archive, or by the link he always posts on all his messages.

I have also agreed with Alfred that he can retain his own thread "Alfor's Rarities", but that it would be only used for posting new solo piano scores. That thread will retain works for up to 6-8 weeks and of course, all his previously posted works will be available through his Archive.

Works for piano / 4 hands, two pianos, instrumental and ensemble works posted by him will be distributed within the current range of threads, or he will create a new one, if required. This will help to expand his catalogue of works outside of his own thread, and provide a richer mix of works across the whole Pianophilia website. That will also help members if they are trying to locate a specific work, as it should be much easier to find within the appropriate thread / category.

"Alfor's Rarities - Recordings" will remain as it current stands in the Recordings & Video thread.

My personal thanks to Alfred for his willingness and positive approach in this matter. I look forward to further interesting and engaging contributions from him to our forum.

Malcolm
alfor
Pianodeity

Post by alfor »

Constantin ANTIPOW
Variations sur un theme original pour piano op. 3 (600dpi scan)
Antipov Var. op.3.pdf
All these Antipows, Akimenkos, Liadovs, Kalafatis, Rebikows, etc.
(i.e. russian composers at the end of the 19th century, mainly published in Germany by Belaieff)
composed ambitous salon-music, perhaps aimed at the many excellent amateur pianists in this
french- and german-influenced pre-communist russian "high-society";
indeed often highly cultured, regarding, music, poetry, theatre, etc. - of course also including wine (wodka) and women!

Akimenko's music is somewhat Faureian (maybe more in spirit than in letter).
Op. 3 is surely worth an occasional hearing. As with many other works, I feel that the finale is
somewhat below the standard of the other variations.
The beginning is strongly reminiscent of ?...?...? (please help!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

Agreed, Alfor Antipov Var. op.3 finale is a little weak--a march doesn't work too well as a finale here, but let's cut Antipov a little slack as this is a pretty early work. I'm scratching my head also, as the theme seems somewhat familiar, if only stylistically. Thanks for posting this.
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

mballan wrote:My personal thanks to Alfred for his willingness and positive approach in this matter. I look forward to further interesting and engaging contributions from him to our forum.
Absolutely. Over the next few days or so I shall start to move the earlier posts in this thread into the Archive area, so if the thread gets a bit smaller, PPers will know where they've gone to. Please rest assured that none of Alfred's uploads will be lost to PP :-)

Regards
Fred
alfor
Pianodeity

Post by alfor »

Posted as an example of the composer's piano style:
Arthur BLISS (we all know the name - but who knows any of his music??!!)
Piano Sonata (600dpi scan from original edition)
Bliss Sonata.pdf
Excellent post-romantic (or neo-romantic, if you like) work.
Pianistically first rate writing; last mvt. a bit below the the musical standard of the other 2 mvts.
2nd reason for posting: not only that we have to pay a lot of money for a
"print of demand" score of this work, but probably the quality of the reproduction is "unter aller Sau"
(Ferruccio will translate!!).
Same with all this "nice" Universal-Edition re-issues (Bartok!).
The reproduction quality is far below of what I can do myself in a copy-shop.
(Were have the times of wonderful clear quality engraved scores gone?!)

audio:
Marguerite Wolff plays Bliss Sonata