Alfor's Rarities

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
HullandHellandHalifax
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano organ harmonium
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Alfor's Rarities

Post by HullandHellandHalifax »

Malc, don't you think we ought to have a referendum on this whether to take Australia back into the UK in view of their awful TV programmes because I might add that in Belgium and Holland they are regularly on the TV and in Holland they have a Dutch version of Prisoner Cell Block H and if anything it is worse than the original.
Bring back Skippy and The Flying Doctor I say!
regards
Brian
alfor
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by alfor »

mballan wrote:...I think Pianophilia - and of course music - is above politics (but that could be the start of another heated discussion :D ).......so no worries Alfor, no change for us on this forum. We boldly go where so few have gone before !!!!

Ignore Brexit........I am worried about Australia.......we're inundated with Australian programmes on British TV, and then this year's Eurovision contest, what next are they seeking in infiltrate ? Me thinks this is the start of world domination :evil: [have to be careful as married to an Australian] !!

Malcolm
Thank you, dear Malcolm, I am relieved!

Currently there is some evidence for a „Brexitexit“, imho.
Best regards, Alfor S. Cans

Music is a higher revelation than wisdom and philosophy (Beethoven)

http://www.mediafire.com/alfor
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

mballan wrote:Ignore Brexit........I am worried about Australia.......we're inundated with Australian programmes on British TV, and then this year's Eurovision contest, what next are they seeking in infiltrate ? Me thinks this is the start of world domination :evil: [have to be careful as married to an Australian] !!
Yes, we are sneaking up on you. We are unloading all of our crap programming on you to soften you up. There were, of course, subliminal Brexit messages embedded in the scripts we dumped on you and your average British TV viewer is too stupid to recognise that. However, it does appear that the Scottish ignored these messages - either that or they couldn't understand the accent. Serves them right....

Regards
Fred
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

HullandHellandHalifax wrote:Malc, don't you think we ought to have a referendum on this whether to take Australia back into the UK in view of their awful TV programmes because I might add that in Belgium and Holland they are regularly on the TV and in Holland they have a Dutch version of Prisoner Cell Block H and if anything it is worse than the original.
Bring back Skippy and The Flying Doctor I say!
It could be worse, HHH. You haven't sat through your average Filipino soap opera :-)

Its a good thing I don't speak either Tagalog or Cebuano. I have enough problems typing and speaking English..

Rgrasd
Rfde
fleubis
Pianomasochist
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by fleubis »

I solved this problem here in Panama by getting rid of the tele--here soap operas often originate from South America and are pretty lame. It's amazing how much more time one can spend at the piano with no tele....
musiclife217
Pianomaniac

Post by musiclife217 »

Belated thanks for the recent Wieniawski..........one of the few of his scores I was missing, so I am very grateful to you for posting the Op 46.

Malcolm[/quote]

I have a question about a Josef/Jozef Wieniawski piece ... Op. 53 - Berceuse ... it was recorded on a piano duet CD...

There is some information on WorldCat with a dedication .."à Madame Angélique Konarskan née Wieniawska," but I haven't been able to find another trace of this piece...

If Malcolm, or anyone, could be of assistance, it would be much appreciated. The score in solo, duet, or both forms would be lovely!
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

musiclife217 wrote:Belated thanks for the recent Wieniawski..........one of the few of his scores I was missing, so I am very grateful to you for posting the Op 46.

Malcolm
I have a question about a Josef/Jozef Wieniawski piece ... Op. 53 - Berceuse ... it was recorded on a piano duet CD...

There is some information on WorldCat with a dedication .."à Madame Angélique Konarskan née Wieniawska," but I haven't been able to find another trace of this piece...

If Malcolm, or anyone, could be of assistance, it would be much appreciated. The score in solo, duet, or both forms would be lovely![/quote]

musiclife217

Thank you for the information - I too also have been hunting for this work for sometime - but was not aware it had been recorded. I followed through from that recording and found a copy of the Berceuse Op 53 in the Royal Conservatoire Library in Brussels. I have never been in contact with them previous but will look to see if I can obtain a copy. By the way it was written for piano duet - not aware of a piano solo version.

There are still a number of Wieniawski scores I am trying to track down - most likely in manuscript - I will add a full list in the Information section of this site.

Malcolm
musiclife217
Pianomaniac

Post by musiclife217 »

mballan wrote:
musiclife217 wrote:Belated thanks for the recent Wieniawski..........one of the few of his scores I was missing, so I am very grateful to you for posting the Op 46.

Malcolm

If Malcolm, or anyone, could be of assistance, it would be much appreciated. The score in solo, duet, or both forms would be lovely!
mballan wrote:musiclife217

Thank you for the information - I too also have been hunting for this work for sometime - but was not aware it had been recorded. I followed through from that recording and found a copy of the Berceuse Op 53 in the Royal Conservatoire Library in Brussels. I have never been in contact with them previous but will look to see if I can obtain a copy. By the way it was written for piano duet - not aware of a piano solo version.

There are still a number of Wieniawski scores I am trying to track down - most likely in manuscript - I will add a full list in the Information section of this site.

Malcolm
Fascinating! I am impressed with your research skills! Please keep me updated and, if I can be of assistance, let me know! I would love to play this duet...the recording is quite endearing.
fahl5
Music Scores: No

Post by fahl5 »

Dani_area_51 wrote:Thanks so much for the recent pieces Alfor. I also enjoy a lot the most of the german composers you post, and by the way, if it is not asking too much, I was hoping someone who has played Abendroth Sonate or Baussnern pieces could give me his opinion on if they worth a shot of exploring.. Thank you.
Yo will find a (afaik very first published) recording of Waldemar von Baussnerns "Sonata eroica" ( beside the Weimarer Trio and the Champagner Overture) here: http://klassik-resampled.de/bausznern
I hope you like it.
Listen music never heard before at klassik-resampled.de
alfor
Pianodeity

Post by alfor »

Danke, lieber fahl5!
Best regards, Alfor S. Cans

Music is a higher revelation than wisdom and philosophy (Beethoven)

http://www.mediafire.com/alfor