Polish Composers

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
W.Ch.
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: No

Re: Polish Composers

Post by W.Ch. »

mballan wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:45 pm With considerable difficulty. I checked WorldCat, the German National Library, Polish National Library and the Russian National Library - and nothing is listed (in fact very little seems to be listed for the composer at all). I will try a few others later. I would have thought Poland or Russia may have had something - but with the current war between Russia and Ukraine, then your chances of finding or obtaining anything at the moment is extremely unlikely.

I'll do some more research and let you know.
Thanks

[/quote]
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Post by mballan »

W.Ch. wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:15 pm
mballan wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:45 pm With considerable difficulty. I checked WorldCat, the German National Library, Polish National Library and the Russian National Library - and nothing is listed (in fact very little seems to be listed for the composer at all). I will try a few others later. I would have thought Poland or Russia may have had something - but with the current war between Russia and Ukraine, then your chances of finding or obtaining anything at the moment is extremely unlikely.

I'll do some more research and let you know.
Thanks

[/quote]

Unfortunately, the only copy I could find of the Op 124 Barcarolle is held in the National Library of Ukraine. So alas no chance of obtaining a copy at this stage. They seem to hold a number of scores by Prisovsky - worth remembering for the future.

Malcolm
W.Ch.

Post by W.Ch. »

Did anyone know where I can find A.ovenberg’s general dream(reverie) op.15 or stenka razin op.14 ?
ilu
Pianomaniac

Post by ilu »

Hi W. Ch.:

His name is Vasily Prisovsky (1861 — 1917).

According IMSLP: Nombres Alternativos/Transliteraciones: Василий Арефиевич Присовский ; Василь Арефійович Присовський ; Vasily Arefievich Prisovsky ; Vasil' Arefijovič Prisovs'kij ; W. A. Prisowski ; A. Ovenberg (pseud.).

Regards.

ILU.
Quo melius Illac
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

W.Ch. wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:21 pm Did anyone know where I can find A.ovenberg’s general dream(reverie) op.15 or stenka razin op.14 ?
As the majority of his works were published by Idzikowski, then the majority will be in the National Library of Ukraine. Unfortunately the card Index facility is currently off-line, so I can not check specifically for you (need to read Ukrainian).

By the way did you realize that Ovenberg is a pseudonym of Prisovsky.

Malcolm
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

Quite a large collection of Prisovsky in the Polish library: https://polona.pl/search/?filters=creat ... 2,public:0

For example:
PRISOVSKY Op.85 In Ukraine, potpourri No.1 of the most beautiful Ukrainian songs and melodies (bw).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paul
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano (amateur)

Post by Paul »

Some time ago I made pdfs from the single jpg.images at Polona. Here are all my Prisovsky scores from several places within the www. Any additions welcome.

By the way: is it Dumka, Doumka, Shoumka (different spelling in Ukrainian / Russian ???)

Best regards

Paul
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Many thanks Paul - I can check off from what I already hold.

Russian - it's usually Dumka

Ukrainian - its Doumka or Shoumka (which tends to be more European form of Shumka)

Malcolm
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

This points to some errors in IMSLP labelling e.g.

Op.209 Le Violin Pleurant is labelled as Op.225, and the catalog detail as Op.206!
https://imslp.org/wiki/Le_Violon_Pleura ... 2C_Vasily)

There appear to be some other opus collisions that I will work through
W.Ch.

Post by W.Ch. »

Thanks everyone. But I already have all of prisovsky score on polona.com.
I see some prisovsky score like op.110 op.15 on belarus national library but I can't open PDF file in catalog.