Polish Composers

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
musiclife217
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Polish Composers

Post by musiclife217 »

Jean-Séb wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:30 pm Thank you Musiclife.
Here is the combined file :
Scharwenka P. Bergfahrt op.36 No4 Abenteuer.pdf
Please note that the whole opus 36 can be found online (but not in the Moszkowski edition)
https://www.scharwenka-stiftung.de/date ... s_3_ps.pdf
https://www.scharwenka-stiftung.de/date ... s_6_ps.pdf

I wonder whether Scharwenka is considered as Polish or German. The city he was born in was Prussian at the time.
I've thought the same thing... thank you also for pointing this out and also for this resource!
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

Some new Zarzycki scans (including the Piano Concerto, Op.17 for 2P4H) and Żeleński (including the Piano Sonatas Opp.5 & 20) from Polona have appeared on IMSLP.
musiclife217
Pianomaniac

Post by musiclife217 »

I have been looking for this Mikuli score, Op. 24 - Ten Pieces, for many years now and did not know that it appeared on Polona!

https://polona.pl/search/?query=mikuli_ ... s=public:1

There is a tidy link to download the fist part as a PDF, though, unfortunately, the second part is missing such a link (unless I am missing something!).

Would anyone be able to help extract this music - I would be most appreciative. B&W conversion is helpful for easier printing, but not vital.

Thank you in advance!
Paul
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano (amateur)

Post by Paul »

... you were right - there is no pdf for the second part but you can download the .jpgs for each page, so here you are ...
Mikuli op.24 10 Klavierstücke.pdf
Best regards

Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by Jean-Séb »

Quite neat. Thanks to you both.
musiclife217
Pianomaniac

Post by musiclife217 »

Paul wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:43 am ... you were right - there is no pdf for the second part but you can download the .jpgs for each page, so here you are ...

Mikuli op.24 10 Klavierstücke.pdf

Best regards

Paul
Beautiful ! A tremendous thank you! 'Teamwork makes the dreamwork!'
Hobbypianist
Pianophiliac

Post by Hobbypianist »

after the 2 famous Z composers I've added some more works by Carl Mikuli (1819 - 1897) (Op.1, 9, 10, 19, 24) and Władysław Cyrbes (1851 - 1917).

Polona is a real treasure trove, I've found about 200 other unknown/not yet uploaded pieces which I'm going to add step by step. However this will take some time to download, align, clean, and convert. I hope you have access to IMSLP, otherwise let me know then I can also upload the pdfs here.

HP
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Hobbypianist wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:19 pm after the 2 famous Z composers I've added some more works by Carl Mikuli (1819 - 1897) (Op.1, 9, 10, 19, 24) and Władysław Cyrbes (1851 - 1917).

Polona is a real treasure trove, I've found about 200 other unknown/not yet uploaded pieces which I'm going to add step by step. However this will take some time to download, align, clean, and convert. I hope you have access to IMSLP, otherwise let me know then I can also upload the pdfs here.

HP
Hobbypianist

Grateful if you can alert us to what you've posted on IMSLP - like you did above - saves hunting around for new uploads. I have downloaded a fair number myself over the past couple of years, but good someone is checking the site more thoroughly (and I have enough on my plate with Georgian and Azerbaijan sites)!

Many thanks
Malcolm
Hobbypianist
Pianophiliac

Post by Hobbypianist »

a few works by Ignaz Friedman (1882 — 1948) (Op.38, Op.39/2,3, Op.45) and Theodor Kullak (1818 — 1882) (Op.24, Op.51/4, Op.52 (altern. scan), Op.59/1, Op.60/4)
Maybe the one or other work has already been uploaded to PP, I've not checked this. HP
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist

Post by Jean-Séb »

Thanks Hobbypianist. Most of these scans are either new or better than the ones I knew.