Polish Composers

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Polish Composers

Post by mballan »

The first, in a new thread which I hope to be able to add lots of scores eventually. But to start, one of my personal favourite Polish composers, Ludomir Rozycki - Krakowiak Op 52 No. 1.

Malcolm
Rozycki L - Op 52 No. 1 Krakowiak.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mballan
Site Owner

Re: Polish Music & Composers

Post by mballan »

Zygmunt Noskowski. Born 1846, Warsaw: died 1909, Wiesbaden. Polish composer, conductor and teacher. Pupil of A Kontski for violin, and Moniuszko for theory and composition. In 1872 he went to Berlin for three years to continue his studies under Kiel. Whilst in Berlin he brought out his first symphony. In 1876 became conductor of a swiss choral society at Constance, but after 5 years returned to Poland to take up post as director of the Warsaw Music Society. In 1888 he was appointed professor of composition at Warsaw Conservatoire. He was a noted teacher and pupils include: Szymanowski, Karlowicz, Fitelberg, Rozycki, Melcer and Morawski. From 1904 until his death he conducted the Warsaw Philharmonic concerts and the Opera orchestra. Piano works include:

Op2 Krakowoak [dedicated to Liszt]
Op 14 Les Sentiments
Op 15 Dumka & Oberek
Op 20 Aquarelles
Op 23 Polish Dances
Op 27 Images
Op 29 Impressions
Op 32 Causeries
Op 33 Ruthenian Melodies
Op 35 Trois Pieces
Op 36 Moments melodiques
Op 37 Contes
Op 39 Petit Rayons
Op 42 Six Polonaise
Op 44 Feuille de trefle
Op 47 Les Primeveres
Op 56 Les Larmes

The Polish recording company Acte Prealabel, have allowed me to share these fully with members, so I have duly posted Op 35, 36, 37 & 44. I also have a copy of Op 29 Impressions and will post this work in due course. These works are also available on CD from same said company.

Malcolm
Noskowski - Op 44 Feuille de trefle.pdf
Noskowski - Op 37 Contes.pdf
Noskowski - Op 36 Moments melodiques.pdf
Noskowski - Op 35 Trois Pieces.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
passthesalt
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by passthesalt »

Yeah! New thread, new scores. Thank you, Malcolm.
ilu
Pianomaniac

Post by ilu »

Noskowski_-_Polonez_Elegijny.pdf
Quo melius Illac
thalbergmad
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, banjo

Post by thalbergmad »

Top marks to Malc as usual. I have never heard anything from this composer, but I only need to see the word "Polish" to start to get excited. I have read comments about his symphony no.3 in which words such as sensual and triumphant were used.

Another composer that could well be of a similar vein is Zelenski. I heard there was a broadcast of his concerto on some German radio station recently and wondered if anyone is aware of a recording. I have failed to find one thus far.

Thal
ilu
Pianomaniac

Post by ilu »

Thal:

Another Noskowski: Au printemps
Noskowski_-_Au_Printemps.pdf
Quo melius Illac
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

thalbergmad wrote:Another composer that could well be of a similar vein is Zelenski. I heard there was a broadcast of his concerto on some German radio station recently and wondered if anyone is aware of a recording. I have failed to find one thus far.
These two Zelenski pieces are not on IMSLP so I thought it would be useful to post them here.
Zelenski - Op.44 Marsz Uroczysty.pdf
Zelenski - Op.48 Reverie.pdf
Regards
Fred
player

Post by player »

thalbergmad wrote:Top marks to Malc as usual. I have never heard anything from this composer, but I only need to see the word "Polish" to start to get excited. I have read comments about his symphony no.3 in which words such as sensual and triumphant were used.

Another composer that could well be of a similar vein is Zelenski. I heard there was a broadcast of his concerto on some German radio station recently and wondered if anyone is aware of a recording. I have failed to find one thus far.

Thal
I haven't come across one either. I'm the same with Polish music I have to say. I keep hoping that someone (some company) will record the 2 Piano Concertos of Rozycki - his Ballade for piano and orchestra is a gorgeous, gorgeous work.
Rob
thalbergmad
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, banjo

Re: Polish Composers

Post by thalbergmad »

That is a new name to me Rob. I will have to investigate.

Are his works romantic idiom??

Thal
mballan
Site Owner

Re: Polish Composers

Post by mballan »

thalbergmad wrote:That is a new name to me Rob. I will have to investigate.

Are his works romantic idiom??

Thal
Hi Thal

You'll get a big hug from me if you find his concertos [scrub that, as likely to put you off]!! I do have the Ballade and plan to scan very shortly. I am also trying to encourage Acte Prealable to record the concertos/ballade at some stage [quite agree Rob, a very beautiful work]. I love Rozycki's music but so little of it is recorded which really surprises me.

Malc