Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Polish Composers

Post by mballan »

Prisovsky

The good news is that the Ukrainian National Library card index is now back-up and running.

I have added in all the works listed on the page supplied earlier, and have also checked against the library's holdings for the composer (they have 200 entries for Prisovsky, and 50 for Ovenberg).

Alas there are some gaps - but likely one of the most complete lists of works on the composer. All items in French I have left in French, anything in Russian I have translated to English.

Malcolm

Prisovsky V A.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bingo
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by bingo »

Thanks for this Malcolm, I can now assign opus numbers to a few previously unmarked pieces.

I would be interested to see an actual sheet of Op.225 to see if it is truly the same as Op.209 or a companion piece. The IMSLP item marked Op.225 is a later edition (compilation extract?) with unmarked opus number.

Op.209 О чем рыдала скрипка - What did the violin cry about? (melodie)
Op.225 Плачет скрипка - The violin is crying (waltz)
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

bingo wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:35 pm Thanks for this Malcolm, I can now assign opus numbers to a few previously unmarked pieces.

I would be interested to see an actual sheet of Op.225 to see if it is truly the same as Op.209 or a companion piece. The IMSLP item marked Op.225 is a later edition (compilation extract?) with unmarked opus number.

Op.209 О чем рыдала скрипка - What did the violin cry about? (melodie)
Op.225 Плачет скрипка - The violin is crying (waltz)
I meant to mention that - I think both are different works - but he used the name twice 'Le Violon Pleurant'- the 209 is a Melodie, and the 225 is a Waltz. I have come across that before with prolific composers of salon-style music. I suspect a hint of the 'melodie' appears as the basis for the waltz, but can not say for definite until we find a copy (which at the moment the only copy seems to lie in the Belarus National Library).

Malcolm
W.Ch.
Music Scores: No

Post by W.Ch. »

Vasily prisovsky op.94 is elegy. I find someone sell it on мешок.ru

Thank you. I have added to the list- and I will check out as have an account with Meshok. I also found some more information on Ovenberg's list of works and will add. Malcolm
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

W.Ch. wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:49 am Vasily prisovsky op.94 is elegy. I find someone sell it on мешок.ru

Thank you. I have added to the list- and I will check out as have an account with Meshok. I also found some more information on Ovenberg's list of works and will add. Malcolm
PRISOVSKY Op.94 Elegie (orig).pdf
Listen: https://musescore.com/user/4151271/scores/7870352
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

I checked Meshok and there are a few Prisovsky scores available ranging from £5 to about £20 which is a fair price. However, it would seem they will not post and they need to be picked up in Moscow.

One thing I did notice, is they had a copy of 'Le Violon Pleurant' , which confirmed the copy we have is definitely Op 209, the Melodie and NOT the Waltz (Op 225).

A couple of scores they have, showed a complete photo of the actual score - beyond Op 94, the other one is Op 145 Va T'en - but I can't seem to upload to PP nor convert to pdf ??? Sorry my technical level is limited ! I had hoped someone might be able to typeset or do something with the photos.

Also revised Works List - some more detail on Ovenberg scores.

Malcolm
Prisovsky V A v.2.pdf
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

mballan wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:36 pm
A couple of scores they have, showed a complete photo of the actual score - beyond Op 94, the other one is Op 145 Va T'en - but I can't seem to upload to PP nor convert to pdf ??? Sorry my technical level is limited ! I had hoped someone might be able to typeset or do something with the photos.
The uneven light source used on their page images of the Op.185 Va t'en were going to take too long to properly clean up, so it was quicker to simply reset .
PRISOVSKY Op.185 Va_t'en! Romance sans paroles.pdf
listen: https://musescore.com/user/4151271/scores/7874018
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

bingo wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:37 am
mballan wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:36 pm
The uneven light source used on their page images of the Op.185 Va t'en were going to take too long to properly clean up, so it was quicker to simply reset .

PRISOVSKY Op.185 Va_t'en! Romance sans paroles.pdf
listen: https://musescore.com/user/4151271/scores/7874018
Thank you bingo - another one off the list. Much appreciated.

Malcolm
W.Ch.
Music Scores: No

Post by W.Ch. »

After searching for a long time, finally I find prisovsky march op.166 “Вступление в Эрзерум” on another website https://violity.com/102934020-vstupleni ... ndrzhishek
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

W.Ch. wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:03 pm After searching for a long time, finally I find prisovsky march op.166 “Вступление в Эрзерум” on another website https://violity.com/102934020-vstupleni ... ndrzhishek
Work in progress - resetting of score as the images are low-res with some obscured chords toward the end.
https://musescore.com/user/4151271/scores/7906592