Polish Composers

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
bingo
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Polish Composers

Post by bingo »

W.Ch. wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:09 am Thanks everyone. But I already have all of prisovsky score on polona.com.
I see some prisovsky score like op.110 op.15 on belarus national library but I can't open PDF file in catalog.
I don't see those scores in their catalog: https://e-catalog.nlb.by/Author/Home?au ... %941917%29

I've tried downloading a few, but network issues.... even trying from VPN locations in Ukraine and Georgia. It appears that their electronic resources are hosted on yandex.ru which may explain the current problems.
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by mballan »

I found an interesting document on-line regarding the Ukrainian holdings for the Kharkiv State Library, that filled some gaps on my Prisovsky / Ovenberg list of works (duly attached). I suspect many of the other gaps - and scores - are held in the Ukrainian National Library, but their card index is still down, and likely to remain so during the war (as will be access to their scores). I will keep researching to see if I can at least fill further gaps in the list.

A few days ago, some Ukrainian musicians approached me - currently refugees - as they want to perform concerts for the war effort - but as they can not access the national library or conservatoire, they asked me to send them many of my Ukrainian scores. One good cause as the result of my collection.

Malcolm
Prisovsky V A.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

mballan wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:27 am I found an interesting document on-line regarding the Ukrainian holdings for the Kharkiv State Library, that filled some gaps on my Prisovsky / Ovenberg list of works (duly attached). I suspect many of the other gaps - and scores - are held in the Ukrainian National Library, but their card index is still down, and likely to remain so during the war (as will be access to their scores). I will keep researching to see if I can at least fill further gaps in the list.

A few days ago, some Ukrainian musicians approached me - currently refugees - as they want to perform concerts for the war effort - but as they can not access the national library or conservatoire, they asked me to send them many of my Ukrainian scores. One good cause as the result of my collection.
Fine work all around Malcolm.

I wonder if the WoO ‘Ne m’oubliez pas’ Waltz is the French translation of Past Dreams (Минувшія грезы) in the Polish library(?) EDIT: No, it's in the library as Ne zabud' menâ!

I've noticed that some libraries catalog works by more recognisable subtitles, especially where the covers are multilingual. So for example, the Violin Pleurant (which is Op.209 on the sheet) is in the library catalog as Melodie. The cover says "Melodie par W. Prisowski". Prisovsky's works are not the only cases of this; I've downloaded many a new 'discovery' only to find that it's a miscataloging of an existing piece under a more anodyne name as Melody, Serenade, Nocturne, ....
W.Ch.
Music Scores: No

Post by W.Ch. »

From the pdf file Danae is op.23 Ne m'Oubliez Pas [Не забудь меня!] is op.78 and boyar park is op.73.
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

W.Ch. wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:00 pm From the pdf file Danae is op.23 Ne m'Oubliez Pas [Не забудь меня!] is op.78 and boyar park is op.73.
Yes!
index section.jpg
Note the No.2 that appears after Op.78 is not I believe an opus reference (it's absent on other listings), but a reference to it being the second of two works sold together (Op.77 + Op.78)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by bingo on Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

The rear cover of Op.194 has the most extensive list of Prisovsky works I have found, going up to Op.233
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Thanks you - great find - I shall add all the missing ones to my works-list and re-share.

Malcolm
W.Ch.
Music Scores: No

Post by W.Ch. »

I see someone selling prisovsky forgotten elegie op.94 in Russian website.
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

Another search source for Polish music is the University Library of Bialystok

https://pbc.biaman.pl/dlibra/collectiondescription/24

Not exclusively Polish, covering 18-19th centuries but with simple PDF download and smallish files. I spotted some odds and ends not on IMSLP. No interesting Prisovsky - they just have the relatively common Op.1 and Op.65 .
FW190
Pianomaniac

Post by FW190 »

bingo wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:40 am Another search source for Polish music is the University Library of Bialystok

https://pbc.biaman.pl/dlibra/collectiondescription/24

Not exclusively Polish, covering 18-19th centuries but with simple PDF download and smallish files. I spotted some odds and ends not on IMSLP. No interesting Prisovsky - they just have the relatively common Op.1 and Op.65 .
Thanks for the link, Mr. Bingo!
In Bach we trust.