Music from or inspired by Turkey

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
usecflat
Participant
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:03 am
Music Scores: No

Re: Music from or inspired by Turkey

Post by usecflat » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:33 am

Could someone please repost Erkin's Duyuşlar?
It's been a while, so the link is set to private again...
Thanks in advance!

Jim Faston
Pianomasochist
Posts: 1012
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:38 am
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Music from or inspired by Turkey

Post by Jim Faston » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:07 pm

Here's a nice set of seven short and accessible pieces by Ahmed Adnan Saygun (1907-1991) - Inci's Book, Op10. Not my scan, but I did a considerable renovation on the original file.
Saygun_Inci's Book, Op10.pdf
Have a listen on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKgLL_ddfz0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jim Faston
Pianomasochist
Posts: 1012
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:38 am
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Music from or inspired by Turkey

Post by Jim Faston » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:53 pm

usecflat wrote:Could someone please repost Erkin's Duyuşlar?
It's been a while, so the link is set to private again...
Thanks in advance!
Here's a B&W version of the file.
Erkin_Duyuşlar.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeux_d_Oh

Re: Music from or inspired by Turkey

Post by Jeux_d_Oh » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:06 pm

Tatyos Efendi - All works.pdf
A pdf file with (apparently) all works by Tatyos Efendi (1858-1913), a famous composer of Turkish classical music.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kemani_Tatyos_Ekserciyan

An example of one of his compositions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2flUgLmvgyA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

alfor
Pianodeity
Posts: 3886
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:41 pm
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Music from or inspired by Turkey

Post by alfor » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:18 pm

Jeux_d_Oh wrote:
Tatyos Efendi - All works.pdf
A pdf file with (apparently) all works by Tatyos Efendi (1858-1913), a famous composer of Turkish classical music.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kemani_Tatyos_Ekserciyan

An example of one of his compositions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2flUgLmvgyA
This is mainly a forum for piano music - so I would very much appreciate if you could tell us how to realize these works on the piano... :?
Best regards, Alfor S. Cans

Music is a higher revelation than wisdom and philosophy (Beethoven)


http://www.mediafire.com/alfor

Jeux_d_Oh

Re: Music from or inspired by Turkey

Post by Jeux_d_Oh » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:25 pm

This is mainly a forum for piano music - so I would very much appreciate if you could tell us how to realize these works on the piano... :?
I'm sorry, I thought that other works besides piano music were welcome as well...

Jean-Séb
Pianomaniac
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:30 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Music from or inspired by Turkey

Post by Jean-Séb » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:28 pm

Jeux d'Oh, do not be sorry, this is quite welcome as well. Actually, I like very much Turkish, Arab or so-called Andalusian classical music and it is not always easy to get scores of it. Thank you.

HullandHellandHalifax
Site Admin
Posts: 786
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:19 pm
Instruments played, if any: piano organ harmonium
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Zeist, The Netherlands

Re: Music from or inspired by Turkey

Post by HullandHellandHalifax » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:35 pm

Quite so Jean-Seb, I am very glad to agree that we appreciate other things than just music for some hammered metal strings in a rotten wooden box. However Jeux d'Oh it would have been better to have put this file in the chamber section where other exotic instruments have their moments of fame.

Alfor I don't know if you thought your reply was humorous but it did not come over that way so please leave such comments out in future as their nature is not clear and not appreciated.

Jeux_d_Oh

Re: Music from or inspired by Turkey

Post by Jeux_d_Oh » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:38 pm

OK, I will put files like this in the chamber music section next time.

alfor
Pianodeity
Posts: 3886
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:41 pm
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Music from or inspired by Turkey

Post by alfor » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:21 pm

HullandHellandHalifax wrote:Quite so Jean-Seb, I am very glad to agree that we appreciate other things than just music for some hammered metal strings in a rotten wooden box. However Jeux d'Oh it would have been better to have put this file in the chamber section where other exotic instruments have their moments of fame.

Alfor I don't know if you thought your reply was humorous but it did not come over that way so please leave such comments out in future as their nature is not clear and not appreciated.
I just quite seriously wanted to ask:

Are there piano transcriptions around of this type of music? I do know that the modern piano may not be well-suited for this music, but presently there are turkish pianist-composers like Fazil Say who might have composed something in a similar style.
Best regards, Alfor S. Cans

Music is a higher revelation than wisdom and philosophy (Beethoven)


http://www.mediafire.com/alfor

Post Reply