Liszt

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
Chromaticon
Music Scores: No

Re: Liszt

Post by Chromaticon »

Hello good people, changing focus to Totentanz.
Does anyone out there know where this cadenza comes from? Is it music from another work, or perhaps Gekic's own cadenza? I'm talking about the section from beginning of this clip, until 1:59

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHe4lEdY ... re=related
Caprotti
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Post by Caprotti »

there are some notes in the same you tube page ...

The opening of this is a slightly adapted version of the main melody from Liszt's Pensees Des Morts, before leading back to part of a cadenza (that actually occurs earlier in that piece) and then returning to the Totentanz. Very unusual stuff!
emma

Post by emma »

The last part of the Faust symphony in Liszt 2P transcription.
It was missing in the score available on several websites (including IMSLP).
Sorry for the poor quality of the scan (realized from a second-hanf copy). It's a pity that we have to wait many years before EMB publish Liszt works for two pianos/four hands.
Emma
Liszt-Faust_Symphony_Part 3 (2P).PDF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WCosand
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by WCosand »

Sibley Music Library has been scanning Liszt scores, including the symphonic poems, the Liszt-Winterberger Technische Studien, and one book of the 1901 Krause edition of the Technische Studien.

https://urresearch.rochester.edu/instit ... onId=15293

https://urresearch.rochester.edu/instit ... onId=15292

If you have a problem downloading them you can find them in the Etudes folder of Cosandscores.com as well.
Alexanderplatz

Liszt liebestraum

Post by Alexanderplatz »

I find -even today- opus 62 beside liebesträume (in the early 60-ies i remember "my" first appearance at at rubinstein record.
any ideas where why ...
GJF323

Post by GJF323 »

Something that should be easier to come across than it is - Reminiscences de Simon Boccanegra S.438. I looked at IMSLP and Scorser, but it doesn't seem to be anywhere. Could someone please upload a copy? The last time I saw one was the Liszt Society publication, presumably Vol. 2, but perhaps that's still in copyright?
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

GJF323 wrote:Something that should be easier to come across than it is - Reminiscences de Simon Boccanegra S.438. I looked at IMSLP and Scorser, but it doesn't seem to be anywhere. Could someone please upload a copy? The last time I saw one was the Liszt Society publication, presumably Vol. 2, but perhaps that's still in copyright?
I don't know whether this is the publication you mention (if somebody recognises it and it is still in copyright please let me know and I will withdraw it) but here it is...[upload removed as per my note below...]

Regards
Fred
GJF323

Post by GJF323 »

fredbucket wrote:
GJF323 wrote:Something that should be easier to come across than it is - Reminiscences de Simon Boccanegra S.438. I looked at IMSLP and Scorser, but it doesn't seem to be anywhere. Could someone please upload a copy? The last time I saw one was the Liszt Society publication, presumably Vol. 2, but perhaps that's still in copyright?
I don't know whether this is the publication you mention (if somebody recognises it and it is still in copyright please let me know and I will withdraw it) but here it is...
Liszt - S438 Réminiscences de Boccanegra.pdf
Regards
Fred
Thanks! I knew that it must be amongst us somewhere. You just never know when the call to play a piece will sound....
Timtin
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: Piano40

Post by Timtin »

GJF323 wrote:
fredbucket wrote:
I don't know whether this is the publication you mention (if somebody recognises it and it is still in copyright please let me know and I will withdraw it) but here it is...
Liszt - S438 Réminiscences de Boccanegra.pdf
Regards
Fred
Thanks! I knew that it must be amongst us somewhere. You just never know when the call to play a piece will sound....
It is clearly from the Editio Musica Budapest, as evidenced by the plate number at the bottom of each page.
This publication is still available from new, so I feel that it should be withdrawn, regardless of any legal
considerations (the rules of which are totally beyond my comprehension), but out of respect to the publisher
who has to make a profit somehow.
There really ought to be an organisation somewhere, such as WorldCat, with a website listing every known
plate number by every music publisher that ever existed.
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

Timtin wrote:It is clearly from the Editio Musica Budapest, as evidenced by the plate number at the bottom of each page.
Thanks for that, Tim. I have removed the file.

Regards
Fred