Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
alfor
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Liszt

Post by alfor »

Dear FW190,

thank you for the interesting and rare Steinway ad!

DID YOU KNOW that the patented „New Accelerated Action“, described on page 16, is an invention
of famous pianist Josef Hofmann? It is still in use, but only in US-Steinways!

P.S. Malcolm must become desperate: There are still people who
do not yet know how
„to place a post inline“.
Best regards, Alfor S. Cans

Music is a higher revelation than wisdom and philosophy (Beethoven)

http://www.mediafire.com/alfor
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by mballan »

Jean-Séb - I could not have said this so eloquently as you have expressed .............we post because we want to share and enthuse people with music we find interesting, beautiful and exciting. I also share Alfred's frustrations at time - as no doubt do we all at times - but know there are many PP members who did post hundred, if not thousands of scores on the old forums, and I suspect often with little thanks. But, there are a few folk, who although may post very little, do offer thanks regularly. And for which, I am very grateful. I suppose if nothing else, then many of the works we post are shared out in the greater world of music - and may in time be performed or even recorded. In years to come maybe we, who scan, will be seen as the forgotten heros of classical music, rescuing scores that in time will just crumble and disappear from libraries and collections......the future will likely be electronic not paper bound !! We are the pioneers of that age to come ;)

Alfred - have I missed a posting not 'in-line' [checked but could not find one] ? FredB, HHH and I do check daily and will put works on line if applicable. I have still to do all the other main threads [vocal, chamber, orchestral etc.] but hopefully they will not be as difficult or time consuming as the keyboard thread. At the moment trying to get a batch of scanning done for everyone [more Goldenveizer for a start]............alas there are only 24 hours in a day :D

Please keep sharing Alfred - as well as Capriotti, Thal, Henning, Kvizy, Timtin, Relative, FW190, Scriabinoff, Sernov and so many other members of this esteemed group - it is much appreciated, and always greatly treasured.

Malcolm
pianojay

Post by pianojay »

mballan wrote:Jean-Séb - I could not have said this so eloquently as you have expressed .............we post because we want to share and enthuse people with music we find interesting, beautiful and exciting. I also share Alfred's frustrations at time - as no doubt do we all at times - but know there are many PP members who did post hundred, if not thousands of scores on the old forums, and I suspect often with little thanks. But, there are a few folk, who although may post very little, do offer thanks regularly. And for which, I am very grateful. I suppose if nothing else, then many of the works we post are shared out in the greater world of music - and may in time be performed or even recorded. In years to come maybe we, who scan, will be seen as the forgotten heros of classical music, rescuing scores that in time will just crumble and disappear from libraries and collections......the future will likely be electronic not paper bound !! We are the pioneers of that age to come ;)

Alfred - have I missed a posting not 'in-line' [checked but could not find one] ? FredB, HHH and I do check daily and will put works on line if applicable. I have still to do all the other main threads [vocal, chamber, orchestral etc.] but hopefully they will not be as difficult or time consuming as the keyboard thread. At the moment trying to get a batch of scanning done for everyone [more Goldenveizer for a start]............alas there are only 24 hours in a day :D

Please keep sharing Alfred - as well as Capriotti, Thal, Henning, Kvizy, Timtin, Relative, FW190, Scriabinoff, Sernov and so many other members of this esteemed group - it is much appreciated, and always greatly treasured.

Malcolm
Seconded, thirded, fourthed, fifthed...not enough thanks for all the interesting and generous postings.
A big toast to accompany the well-deserved praise!
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

Please keep sharing Alfred - as well as Malcolm Capriotti, Thal, Henning, Kvizy, Timtin, Relative, FW190, Scriabinoff, Sernov and so many other members of this esteemed group - it is much appreciated, and always greatly treasured.
Yes it certainly is!

I do wish I was in a position to contribute scores. Alas, my geographical location has me in an area very remote area from everything but Latin dance music--and not many of those groups read music let alone write scores!

At least I am in a position to express my appreciation.
Scriabinoff
Pianomaniac

Post by Scriabinoff »

I also applaud those kind 'faceless' souls who have contributed so much in that past and do. I am flattered at the mention but by no means do I feel deserving of it. Still it is nice to be appreciated and more than anything, rewarding to know the time, effort, and expense enriches some lives. On this related note, some may want to do a search on youtube where one of my scans I posted was recently performed and recorded (a certain concert transcription by Vernon Duke of April in Paris arranged by Maurice Whitney. Lovely performance, pure fun jazzy magic).

I am feeling in high spirits with all the good cheer I shall upload some rare personal archive scores to the Iberia/Spain thread. Stay tuned. 8-)
alfor
Pianodeity

Post by alfor »

Thank you very much for encouragement!!!

In respect of the music this is not a rarity, but in respect
of the editor it is extremely rare and contains some useful hints for interpretation:

Liszt PC #2 ed. Rosenthal CC.pdf
Liszt PC #2 ed. Rosenthal.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

alfor
Pianodeity

Post by alfor »

mballan wrote:...Alfred - have I missed a posting not 'in-line' [checked but could not find one] ? FredB, HHH and I do check daily and will put works on line if applicable...Malcolm
The respective member corrected the posting himself.

alfor
Pianodeity

Post by alfor »

Dito by Herrn Freudmann:
Liszt PC #2 ed. Friedman.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

I have always like the 2nd PC better than the first, and this is certainly a choice edition to enjoy playing through it, particularly a pleasure in this crisp hires edition.

Very nice to have such clean editions of both of the concertos, Alfred.

Thanks for sharing.
soh choon wee
Pianophiliac
Music Scores: No

Post by soh choon wee »

I have no doubt that Alfor will be most obliged to post Friedman's edtition for Liszt PC #1???
A big thank you in advance.