Russian & Soviet Composers - Part 3

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
Olga
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Russian & Soviet Composers - Part 3

Post by Olga »

Gamma1734 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:07 pm Alexander Sheremetev (1859-1931) - Feuillet d'Album VALSE.
Sheremetev A - Feuillet dAlbum Valse (1887).pdf

Dear Gamma1734,

Thank you for sharing this awesome waltz! I was wondering why you described this score as a waltz by Alexander Sheremetev if the cover says that this is an opus by O.D. Sheremeteva (a woman). Here is some information on her:

Olga Dmitrievna Sheremeteva, born Skobeleva (1847-1898), maid of honor of the court, daughter of Lieutenant General D.I. Skobelev from his marriage to O.N. Poltavtseva; sister of the hero of the Russian-Turkish war, General M. D. Skobelev. In 1871, she married Vasily Petrovich Sheremetev (1836-1893), Lieutenant of the Cavalier Guard Regiment, large landowner of the Nizhny Novgorod province, owner and builder of the Yurinskaya estate (Sheremetevsky castle).
Olga Dmitrievna Sheremeteva was fond of floriculture and music. She was a student of the famous singer Pauline Viardot, under whose guidance she composed romances, waltzes, marches. During the Russian-Turkish war Olga Sheremeteva war a sister of mercy. She died in her estate in the Ryazan province.
It would be great if you corrected the name of the composer in the description on YouTube under your wonderful performance of Feuillet d'Album, Valse [1887].

Best regards,
Olga
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

tonylucuchu wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:31 pm Does anyone have any recordings of Saparov's piano sonatas?
You can listen to the first movement of his first sonata here: https://musescore.com/user/4151271/scores/7635548

His sonatas appear to be dodecaphonic with Caucasian influences
tonylucuchu
Music Scores: No

Post by tonylucuchu »

bingo wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:46 am
tonylucuchu wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:31 pm Does anyone have any recordings of Saparov's piano sonatas?
You can listen to the first movement of his first sonata here: https://musescore.com/user/4151271/scores/7635548

His sonatas appear to be dodecaphonic with Caucasian influences
Thanks for your reply. The link didn't work as this was the message I saw "Oops! This score is unavailable".
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

tonylucuchu wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:14 pm
Try again, the Musescore site was a bit wonky last night.
tonylucuchu
Music Scores: No

Post by tonylucuchu »

bingo wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:00 am
tonylucuchu wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:14 pm
Try again, the Musescore site was a bit wonky last night.
Thanks. It works this time. His sonatas are very different than his jazz preludes. Not jazzy at all in this case.
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

tonylucuchu wrote: Thanks. It works this time. His sonatas are very different than his jazz preludes. Not jazzy at all in this case.
Hence my warning. He's not alone among Soviet composers in having output divided into serial academic, folk-derived, juvenile and jazz/popular modes.
Pianoguy
Participant

Alexander Bernard: Elegy "A tear for Turgenev", Op.43

Post by Pianoguy »

Trying to find the sheet music for this had no luck on IMSLP or other sites. Registered here but can't find it.

Here is the piece played by Gamma1734 on you tube.

Any help is appreciated
bingo
Site Admin

Re: Alexander Bernard: Elegy "A tear for Turgenev", Op.43

Post by bingo »

Pianoguy wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:50 am Trying to find the sheet music for this had no luck on IMSLP or other sites. Registered here but can't find it.

Here is the piece played by Gamma1734 on you tube.

Any help is appreciated
https://www.starinnye-noty.ru/%D1%80%D1 ... %80%D0%B4/

One of the three main Russian sites mentioned in Gamma's how to find music.
NB It's always wise to work in the source language for searches i.e. (Google-)translate to Russian/French/...
https://www.google.com/search?q=%D0%A1% ... 1%80%D0%B4
Pianoguy
Participant

Post by Pianoguy »

Thank you, I saw the starrinnye eye site but when I typed it in i gave me a virus warning.

Much appreciated!
Gamma1734
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Organ, Flute, Violin, Accordion

Post by Gamma1734 »

Yeah I was thinking about making another video specifically for the tarakanov one, because
it's a great site. Maybe together with the starinnye one, but right now Im too busy
with other things