Russian & Soviet Composers - Part 3

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
Gamma1734
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Organ, Flute, Violin, Accordion
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Russian & Soviet Composers - Part 3

Post by Gamma1734 »

Hello, I am very interested in Vladimir Rebikov's music, which was already featured here a bit. Does somebody have his
Op.54 Они веселы by any chance? Also Op.30 is not on Imslp but I have the score (from plehanov39 indeed). Should
it be posted here? I'm new.
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by mballan »

Gamma1734 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:40 pm Hello, I am very interested in Vladimir Rebikov's music, which was already featured here a bit. Does somebody have his
Op.54 Они веселы by any chance? Also Op.30 is not on Imslp but I have the score (from plehanov39 indeed). Should
it be posted here? I'm new.
Hello Gamma1734, welcome to Pianophilia.

As you'll see I am a major collector of Russian scores, and to be honest I was not aware of this work by Rebikov (after all these years I still live and learn) ! I did some research and it seems there are 6 pieces under this opus number, but I struggled to find a copy anywhere - even the main Russian libraries seemed not to have this work.......but I will keep searching.

I'm fine with you posting Op 30 - Plehanov is a member of this site, and is aware that we have shared many of his wonderful scores on Pianophilia.

Malcolm
Gamma1734

Post by Gamma1734 »

There seems to be confusion regarding Op.30 and Op.32. In the score, it is written Op.32, but Op.32 is also another work by him. Imslp lists this as Op.30. Anyways, I am pretty sure this one hasn't been posted on Imslp.
Rebikov V - Petite Suite, pièces enfantines, Op. 32.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Gamma1734 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:33 am There seems to be confusion regarding Op.30 and Op.32. In the score, it is written Op.32, but Op.32 is also another work by him. Imslp lists this as Op.30. Anyways, I am pretty sure this one hasn't been posted on Imslp.Rebikov V - Petite Suite, pièces enfantines, Op. 32.pdf
Many thanks Gamma1734........I was missing this piece myself. And opus numbers can often be at odds, sometimes either composer or publisher can get it wrong.

Malcolm
Gamma1734

Post by Gamma1734 »

I see via search function that Igor Yakushenko has already been featured on this site. However,
there is (exactly) one further file on the classic online ru site, which I post here now. It contains really wonderful jazz
pieces, which one could consider as "Kapustin light", of course solely in terms of technical difficulty.
Is it ok if I also post (youtube) links of my performance/score videos of this? If not, it's absolutely no problem,
I mean if somebody is interested they can just type it in youtube anyway. :)
Yakushenko - Jazz Album, for piano.pdf
Score videos:
Pieces up to 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8smxPUcPYc
Up to 8: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhK3FIs-hzo
Up to 12: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNSGeIENRbQ
Up to 16: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcTBSo1DfWA
The composer playing it (very very nicely): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIXReD9Dl6o&t=819s
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Gamma1734 on Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gamma1734

Post by Gamma1734 »

A piece by soviet ukranian composer Yevgeny Yutsevich. Short but interesting composition.
Yutsevich - Fuga e minor, for piano.pdf
Score video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ppJpe7fZvM
Last edited by Gamma1734 on Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gamma1734

Post by Gamma1734 »

Alfred Schnittke (1934-1998) should be known to most people. I looked up and couldn't find a score of "Variations on a Chord".
Here it is.
Schnittke A. - Variations on a chord.pdf
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Gamma1734 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:46 pm Alfred Schnittke (1934-1998) should be known to most people. I looked up and couldn't find a score of "Variations on a Chord".
Here it is. Schnittke A. - Variations on a chord.pdf
Gamma1734

Please be careful with such published composers as Schnittke, as the vast majority of his works are in print, and as he died in 1998 he is still in copyright. Happy to leave this piece as an example of his work, but you'll find that this piece is published by Sikorski and is still currently available for purchase (approximately 11 euros).

Yes, happy for you to provide links to YouTube - always good to hear a piece as well as having the score.

And those interested in the Yakushenko Jazz Album - here is a translation of the titles:
1. First meeting
2. Village musicians
3. At the source of a great river
4. Cinema
5. Very gallant gentleman
6. Night sky
7. Old train
8. Bitterness of parting
9. Affable
10. When Bach smiles
11. Going on tiptoes
12. Sixteenth Spring
13. Sad Guitar player
14. Fresh breeze
15. Giant steps
16. Rush hour

Malcolm
Gamma1734

Post by Gamma1734 »

That's really a reasonable price indeed. Thanks for that information, so I guess one should always google for existing published scores of
the piece one wants to share? This would make sense.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Gamma1734 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:03 pm That's really a reasonable price indeed. Thanks for that information, so I guess one should always google for existing published scores of
the piece one wants to share? This would make sense.
Gamma1734 - as the owner of Pianophilia I have to be careful that we do not infringe global copyright rules especially here in Europe, where copyright exists 70 years after the death of any given composer. If we annoy the publishing world they will take court action against me, and close down Pianophilia, as they have done with other sites in the past. I allow quite considerable freedom on the matter of copyright - mainly if a work in question is no longer in print and not available from a publisher. If a member is uncertain then I suggest they contact me first to see if the work can be posted on Pianophilia.

See the copyright thread for more detail, and please come back to me if you have any questions.

Malcolm