Russian & Soviet Composers - Part 3

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Russian & Soviet Composers - Part 3

Post by fredbucket »

bingo wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:01 am Kazakhstan and some of the other -stans probably deserve their own post-Soviet grouping now
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1171 ???

Regards
Fred
bingo
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by bingo »

fredbucket wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:35 am
bingo wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:01 am Kazakhstan and some of the other -stans probably deserve their own post-Soviet grouping now
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1171 ???
Thanks Fred. Turns out the word "Kazakh" is never used in that thread so I didn't find it :-)
Isabella Li
Participant
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by Isabella Li »

Hi everyone, I've been looking for the score for Isaak Berkovich's 50 Little Etudes for a while but I have not been able to find it. Does anyone have the score and if yes, would you be able to share it? It would be super helpful.
Thank you! Isabella
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

Isabella Li wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:22 pm Hi everyone, I've been looking for the score for Isaak Berkovich's 50 Little Etudes for a while but I have not been able to find it. Does anyone have the score and if yes, would you be able to share it? It would be super helpful.
Thank you! Isabella
Recent Youtube score videos of these pieces link directly to freely downloadable collections of Berkovich including the etudes: https://ale07.ru/music/notes/song/forte ... kovich.htm

Googling "Berkovich etudes" yielded a number of sources, including:

* All appear to be individually downloadable from https://musopus.net/category/isaak-berkovich/

* The first 30 are on Musescore: https://musescore.com/artist/isaak_berkovich-390848
Isabella Li
Participant

Post by Isabella Li »

Thank you so much for sharing the links. I was able to download the pieces. Much appreciated!
Isabella
tonylucuchu
Music Scores: No

Post by tonylucuchu »

Does anyone know where to find the recording of yury chugunov’s piano sonata? Thanks
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

tonylucuchu wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:07 pm Does anyone know where to find the recording of yury chugunov’s piano sonata? Thanks
There are two piano sonatas - No. 1 is the last piece in the attached album. The album covers a number of key works by the composer.

Album Index:
1. Impromptu
2. Nocturne ‘Imitation of George Shiring’
3. Unnoticed Invitation
4. Fantastical Vision
5. Monologue - Thelonius Monk
6. Reminder
7. Memory of Bill Evans
8. Troubadour
9. Sonata No. 1 (page 52)

Malcolm
Chugunov Y - Jazz Pieces (1990).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tonylucuchu

Post by tonylucuchu »

mballan wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:21 am
tonylucuchu wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:07 pm Does anyone know where to find the recording of yury chugunov’s piano sonata? Thanks
There are two piano sonatas - No. 1 is the last piece in the attached album. The album covers a number of key works by the composer.

Album Index:
1. Impromptu
2. Nocturne ‘Imitation of George Shiring’
3. Unnoticed Invitation
4. Fantastical Vision
5. Monologue - Thelonius Monk
6. Reminder
7. Memory of Bill Evans
8. Troubadour
9. Sonata No. 1 (page 52)

Malcolm

Chugunov Y - Jazz Pieces (1990).pdf
Thanks for sharing. I was looking for a recording of his first piano sonata. A recording of his sonata No. 2 would also be appreciated.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Although there are a number of recordings of works by Chugunov, alas no recordings of either piano sonatas. I also checked on Russian sites, and again nothing seems to have been recorded.

Malcolm
tonylucuchu

Post by tonylucuchu »

mballan wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:20 pm Although there are a number of recordings of works by Chugunov, alas no recordings of either piano sonatas. I also checked on Russian sites, and again nothing seems to have been recorded.

Malcolm
Thanks for checking different sites. I’ve been also looking for a recording of Igor Yakushenko Piano Sonata and was wondering if you have found it somewhere (perhaps on one of the Russian sites?)