Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
Olga
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Russian & Soviet Composers - Part 3

Post by Olga »

mballan wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:01 pm
Parfenov I - Childrens Album for Piano (1988).pdf

Igor Parfenov - Childrens Album for Piano (1988) [have previously shared another work by this composer on PP]
1. In the Spring Forest
2. Squirrel
3. Prunus over the water
4. Green Frog Dance
5. What did the Cuckoo sing about?
6. Young Scouts
7. In the Squad with a report
8. Partisan Story
9. At the Eternal Flame
10. Quiet Morning
11. Nesting Dolls
12. Doll’s Dance
13. Barmaley
14. March of the Puppets
15. The Song that my Mother sang
16. Alemanda
17. Sarabanda
18. Polonaise
19. Minuet
20. Fugue
21. Pioneer’s Square Dance
22. Mazurka
23. Russian Dance
24. Gavotte
25. Waltz
26. Variations on the Russian theme
27. The Juggler
28. Aerialists
29. Clown Jokes
30. Song without Words
31. Grandfather and the Donkey
32. Thoughtful Autumn Came
33. House in Klin
34. Portrait
35. Autumn Song
36. Melody
37. Autumn Dream
38. Native Landscape
39. Chastushka
40. In the Autumn Forest
41. Ski Cross
Thank you for Parfenov. I wish Doll's Dance were there. Pages 34-35 are missing...
caostotale
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: guitar, bass guitar

Post by caostotale »

Reposting this volume of sonatinas by request:

Alexander PIRUMOV
Sonatinas (13), for piano (Young Musicians' Library) (1991)
Pirumov - Sonatinas (13), for piano (Young Musicians' Library) (1991).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Knutssen
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by Knutssen »

Thanks, caostotale!
mykka
Participant

Post by mykka »

First-time poster. I do not own much that has not been posted here already, but this score seems to be missing, so the least I can do is to provide it to this great community. This music has brought me so much joy, and I hope it can bring you some too. Cheers to all contributors and to Mr. Henbury-Ballan for your amazing shared work.
Galynin - Suite.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gamma1734
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Organ, Flute, Violin, Accordion

Post by Gamma1734 »

mykka wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:22 pm First-time poster. I do not own much that has not been posted here already, but this score seems to be missing, so the least I can do is to provide it to this great community. This music has brought me so much joy, and I hope it can bring you some too. Cheers to all contributors and to Mr. Henbury-Ballan for your amazing shared work.
Looks super difficult. Thanks for uploading.
mykka
Participant

Post by mykka »

Gamma1734 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:24 pm
mykka wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:22 pm First-time poster. I do not own much that has not been posted here already, but this score seems to be missing, so the least I can do is to provide it to this great community. This music has brought me so much joy, and I hope it can bring you some too. Cheers to all contributors and to Mr. Henbury-Ballan for your amazing shared work.
Looks super difficult. Thanks for uploading.
It is indeed difficult, but also incredibly rewarding. Olga Solovieva recorded a very convincing performance of this work, alongside other works by Galynin. They are totally worth your time and dedication. Enjoy!
Phillip210
Pianophiliac

Post by Phillip210 »

Olga wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:24 am

Igor Parfenov - Childrens Album for Piano (1988) [have previously shared another work by this composer on PP]
Thank you for Parfenov. I wish Doll's Dance were there. Pages 34-35 are missing...
Re Parfyonov (who died in 2018) I should mention that many of his works are in print, and available at very reasonable prices from https://tinyurl.com/y4m8e27f (MusicBook.ru). I ordered some from the UK, and they came within a fortnight.
caostotale
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: guitar, bass guitar

Post by caostotale »

mykka wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:22 pm First-time poster. I do not own much that has not been posted here already, but this score seems to be missing, so the least I can do is to provide it to this great community. This music has brought me so much joy, and I hope it can bring you some too. Cheers to all contributors and to Mr. Henbury-Ballan for your amazing shared work.Galynin - Suite.pdf
I posted a different scan of the piece a while back, taken from the volume 'Concert Repertoire by Soviet Composers, Vol. 10', which also included works by Vl. Uspensky, Baryshev, Kuznetsova, Kvernadze, Polunin, Machavariani, and Melik-Pashayev.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=570&p=23543&hilit= ... ite#p23543

Malcolm also posted a PDF of the entire volume (plus color cover) that was originally shared by ale07.ru :
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=570&p=36381&hilit= ... ite#p36381

I'd highly recommend taking a deep dive into that and the other volumes from the series that have been unearthed. The state publishing house editors had solid taste and tended to include lots of works from peoples and places that, even today, are rarely talked about (e.g. composers from Central Asia, the Caucasus region, the Urals, the far east of Russia, etc..)

All that said, your contribution is a different edition which, in my opinion, is always welcome, especially for repertoire that's this obscure.
mykka
Participant

Post by mykka »

caostotale wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:05 am
mykka wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:22 pm First-time poster. I do not own much that has not been posted here already, but this score seems to be missing, so the least I can do is to provide it to this great community. This music has brought me so much joy, and I hope it can bring you some too. Cheers to all contributors and to Mr. Henbury-Ballan for your amazing shared work.Galynin - Suite.pdf
I posted a different scan of the piece a while back, taken from the volume 'Concert Repertoire by Soviet Composers, Vol. 10', which also included works by Vl. Uspensky, Baryshev, Kuznetsova, Kvernadze, Polunin, Machavariani, and Melik-Pashayev.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=570&p=23543&hilit= ... ite#p23543

Malcolm also posted a PDF of the entire volume (plus color cover) that was originally shared by ale07.ru :
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=570&p=36381&hilit= ... ite#p36381

I'd highly recommend taking a deep dive into that and the other volumes from the series that have been unearthed. The state publishing house editors had solid taste and tended to include lots of works from peoples and places that, even today, are rarely talked about (e.g. composers from Central Asia, the Caucasus region, the Urals, the far east of Russia, etc..)

All that said, your contribution is a different edition which, in my opinion, is always welcome, especially for repertoire that's this obscure.
Oh! When I typed in Galynin's name in the search bar, I did not notice these links. I guess I should have looked better, then ;) That being said, thank you for your comment and recommendation. I will definitely look into these volumes. They seem to be very substantial indeed. Cheers!
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Phillip210 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:05 pm
Olga wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:24 am

Re Parfyonov (who died in 2018) I should mention that many of his works are in print, and available at very reasonable prices from https://tinyurl.com/y4m8e27f (MusicBook.ru). I ordered some from the UK, and they came within a fortnight.
Thank you Phillip - funny I do have this site, but did not think to check it (often just use Ruslania) - I shall order what I have missing first thing after Christmas. Thank you for the link direct for his works.

Malcolm