Russian & Soviet Composers - Part 3

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Russian & Soviet Composers - Part 3

Post by mballan »

My last Aleksandr Krein work - his more extensive Op 50 Danses, plus an additional work by his brother, Grigory Krein (1879-1955).

Malcolm

Aleksandr Krein - Op 50 Dix Danses
Krein A - Op 50 Danses.pdf
Grigory Krein - Op 17 No. 1 Vision
Krein G - Op 17 No. 1 Vision.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Roncesvalles
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by Roncesvalles »

Thanks for these, Malcolm. I'd only read about Alexandr Krein's later, more folk-themed works until your recent posts, and Grigory is one of my favorite Russian composers.
Dani_area_51
Pianophiliac

Post by Dani_area_51 »

Thanks for the recent scores Malcolm. It's great to see more pieces by the Krein family!
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

I believe a new Russian composer to Pianophilia - Vladimir Nikolaevich Kryukov. Born 1902, Moscow: died 1960, Staraya Ruza, near Moscow. Russian composer and msuic critic. Brother to the composer, Nikolay Kryukov. Graduated 1925 from the Moscow Conservatoire, where he had studied composition with Grechaninov, Catoire and Myaskovsky. From 1929-31 and 1950-51 was editor of Vsesoyuz radio; from 1933-35 he taught in various music schools, and from 1939-40 was music editor of Glavtek Films. He was the director of the Msocow Philharmonic from 1949-50, and taught composition at the Gnesin Institute from 1957-59.

Op 2 Preludes

Op 5 No. 1 Nocturne

Op 6 Piano Sonata No. 1 (1921)

Op 7 Piano Miniatures

Op 10 Piano Sonata No. 2 (1922-24) [sometimes shown as Op 14]
Kryukov V - Op 10 Piano Sonata No. 2.pdf
Op 11 Prologue Symphonique “L’Inconne” [drama by Block] for Orchestra arr. Piano / 4 hands (UE)

Op 13 Piano Sonata No. 3 (1931)

Op 39 Rhapsody No. 1 (1950)

Op 43 Three Preludes (Muzykal´noe Izdatel´stvo c.1950)

Op 51 Four Pieces (Gosudarstvennoe Muzykal´noe Izdatel´stvo 1952)
1. Recollection 2. Impromptu 3. Meditation 4. Mazurka
Kryukov V - Op 51 Four Pieces.pdf
Op 53 Piano Sonata in E major (Goz Muz. Ind 1952)

Op 55 Concerto for Piano & Orchestra (Soviet Kompositor 1953) – arr. Two Pianos

Op 58 “Indonesian Landscapes” Three Pieces (Muzgiz 1953)

Op 61 Rhapsody No. 2 on Russian Folk Themes (1958)

Sonatina (1952)

I have four works to post - the Op 10 [or Op 14] Piano Sonata No. 2 and the Op 51 Piano Pieces today, the remainder at the weekend [Op 53 & Op 61].

Malcolm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alfor
Pianodeity

Post by alfor »

Thank you very much!! - Hope I will be able to surprise you with my posting of today!
Best regards, Alfor S. Cans

Music is a higher revelation than wisdom and philosophy (Beethoven)

http://www.mediafire.com/alfor
Roncesvalles

Post by Roncesvalles »

Kryukov! I have done many, many searches for this man's work. Several years ago I read mention of him in terms of modernist music of the era, mentioned alongside Mossolov. It was right at the time when I discovered Russian music of the era, so his name has been lodged in my subconscious for years. Thanks for digging up this.
Dani_area_51
Pianophiliac

Post by Dani_area_51 »

Great work Malcolm!
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

My final two works by Vladimir Kryukov (1902-60). I am surprised this one movement sonata is not labelled as No. 4, but then its style is very reminiscent of a sonatina [a sonatina is listed as one of his works and I wonder if this sonata is either related or an extension of that work...unfortunately I do not have the sonatina to be able to check]? But a much simper work that the previously posted sonata. The remaining work is the 2nd Rhapsody. I have also updated the works list I did in my earlier posting, as I managed to locate some further information on this composer.

Malcolm

Op 53 Sonata in E major
Kryukov V - Op 53 Sonata in E major.pdf
Op 61 Rhapsody No. 2 on a Contemporary Russian Folk-song Theme [to gives its full title]!
Kryukov V - Op 61 Rhapsody No. 2 on a Russian Folksong Theme.pdf
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Lev Nikolayevich Oborin. Born 1907 Moscow: died 1974, Moscow. Pianist and composer. Studied with Gnesina at the Gnesin Music School and later with Igumnov [piano], and Myaskovsky [composition] at the Moscow Conservatoire. Graduated in 1926. Was considered one of the finest Soviet pianists of the 20th century. Won first prize at the first International Chopin Competition in Warsaw [1927], after which he joined the faculty of the Moscow Conservatoire [1928]. His students included, Ashkenazy, Mushel and Rozhdestvensky. Concertized extensively, and on occassion collaborated with the violinist, Oistrakh. He premiered Khatchaturian’s Piano Concerto.

I posted the Op 3 sonata by Oborin many moons ago on PP...here are the Op 2 Quatre Morceaux.

Malcolm
Oborin L - Op 2 Quatre Morceaux.pdf
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

I posted a number of works by Vasily Andreyevich Zolotaryov (1872-1964) many months ago, with the exception of Op 39 Deux Morceaux as my copy was extremely poor for scanning. I have managed to obtain a cleaner version of the No. 1 Prelude and have include it with the Etude [but stress this etude is not a very good copy, but hopefully readable].

Malcolm

Op 34 Deux Morceaux
Zolotarev V - Op 39 No. 1 Prelude.pdf
Zolotarev V - Op 39 No. 2 Etude.pdf