Russian & Soviet Composers - Part 3

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
Alex
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Russian & Soviet Composers - Part 3

Post by Alex »

I have a new work I'd like to share with everyone. I greatly enjoy the music of Alexandr Glazunov and always thought there were some great solo piano moments in his first Piano Concerto. There is one section in particular that I thought screamed to be made into a solo piano piece. I used the free music scoring program Musescore for the first time, so it's not quite as polished as I can make it since I am not familiar with the program, but I hope to become better at it since it is free and is updated fairly frequently. I just got a new laptop for Christmas so I was able to finish this little project that I had begun a few months ago. I hope it is of some value for Glazunov and Prelude piece lovers. I basically extracted the full piano part, added a simple ending, and very basic orchestral notes in one part. Yay for a "new" Glazunov piano piece! Comments are welcome.
Glazunov Prelude from Piano Concerto No.1.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alfor
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by alfor »

Great! Thank you very much, dear Alex!
Best regards, Alfor S. Cans

Music is a higher revelation than wisdom and philosophy (Beethoven)

http://www.mediafire.com/alfor
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

Alex, thank you for the excellent extract of this concerto. This one like several others concertos by various composers, have beautiful melodies languishing away in a file drawer full of other rarely preformed piano concertos.
phikfy
Pianophiliac
Music Scores: No

Post by phikfy »

Thanks Alex. Very beautiful!!
caostotale
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: guitar, bass guitar

Post by caostotale »

Sorry for the large file. This was taken from a very old volume. Alfor shared a number of issues by this composer a while back, one of which included the first sonatina.

Konstantin Stepanovich SOROKIN
Sonatina no. 2, for piano
Sorokin - Sonatina no. 2, for piano.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
musiclife217
Pianomaniac

Post by musiclife217 »

Alex wrote:I have a new work I'd like to share with everyone. I greatly enjoy the music of Alexandr Glazunov and always thought there were some great solo piano moments in his first Piano Concerto. There is one section in particular that I thought screamed to be made into a solo piano piece. I used the free music scoring program Musescore for the first time, so it's not quite as polished as I can make it since I am not familiar with the program, but I hope to become better at it since it is free and is updated fairly frequently. I just got a new laptop for Christmas so I was able to finish this little project that I had begun a few months ago. I hope it is of some value for Glazunov and Prelude piece lovers. I basically extracted the full piano part, added a simple ending, and very basic orchestral notes in one part. Yay for a "new" Glazunov piano piece! Comments are welcome.
Glazunov Prelude from Piano Concerto No.1.pdf
Truly Wonderful! :)
Dani_area_51
Pianophiliac

Post by Dani_area_51 »

Thanks for these last pieces. Both Glazunov and Sorokin. They're really great!

Regards.
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist

Post by Jim Faston »

A few years back there was a request for Rebikov's Autour du monde, Op9. Has a scan of this ever surfaced? Thanks.
kamator

Post by kamator »

Dear Malcolm, I am eagerly interested in Shatskes ' transcriptions. Please give me a sign if you find them.
Concerning Pritzker's Kreisler transcriptions: they are listed in the catalogue of the Tchaikovsky Conservatory in Moscow.
However when in Moscow I was unable to see them as it takes about three days to dig them up from the thing
they called "reserve". The lady Librarian was very forthcoming. They might be also available
in Moscow' Lenin Library. Maybe someone else will have more chance.

kamator
Last edited by kamator on Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
isokani
Pianophiliac

Post by isokani »

So am I! My teacher studied with Shatskes before moving on to Goldenweiser.

Yes, the dear хранение was even not accessible for some time due to the remont of the Large Hall. I was once taken to another room in the Rachmaninov Hall annexe, on the ground floor, opposite another library private office. There was some good stuff in there!

What transcriptions did Shatskes make?