Russian & Soviet Composers - Part 3

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
Jim Faston
Pianomasochist
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Russian & Soviet Composers - Part 3

Post by Jim Faston »

A big thanks to Malcolm for his Kazakhfest. Here are a four more Zhubanova files: my cleaned version of the Four Preludes and three other pieces from an unknown set. (I believe the same set from which the Legend Malcolm uploaded originates.) --nms--

--edit--
They appear to be from Twelve Pieces for Children and Young People for Piano. See this page for a listing of her published works (will need to be translated):
https://sites.google.com/site/gazizazhu ... oizvedenia
Zhubanova_Four Preludes for Piano.pdf
Zhubanova_Kui.pdf
Zhubanova_March.pdf
Zhubanova_Phantome Image.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WalterNiemann
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by WalterNiemann »

Thank you very much Jim Faston for your nice scans!

On IMSLP I found a composer whose name is Vladimir Drozdov. His piano music is quiet interesting. Does somebody have more of his works (Piano Sonatas)? On IMSLP there are unfortunately only a few works by him.
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

WalterNiemann wrote:On IMSLP I found a composer whose name is Vladimir Drozdov. Does somebody have more of his works (Piano Sonatas)?
I found quite a number, including four piano sonatas, on IMSLP. He is not to be confused with Anatole, of whom there are pieces on IMSLP as well as on this site..

Regards
Fred
WalterNiemann
Pianophiliac

Post by WalterNiemann »

Anatoly (?) is his brother I think. Would be interesting to discover the other Piano Sonatas 1 - 11, 13 and 15 - 16
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Jim - first, many thanks for the Zhubanova, and a translation of the list of published pieces / works attached.

WalterNiemann - Yes, Vladimir is the brother to Anatoli, a few of his works were published in Russia but many works were published during the 1950s by a very obscure publisher in New York, and the family are now allowing some works to appear on IMSLP and there has recently been a new printing of a number of works by the composer. I'll see if I can locate the publisher for you. There are a number of performances on YouTube as well. Many of Drozdov's works were never published and that includes many of the sonatas (a fuller list of works is included in my 'book' in the Literature section of this website).

Malcolm
Gaziza Zhubanova - list of published works.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mballan
Site Owner

Post by mballan »

Vladimir Drozdoff

May find the attached works list of interest - covers everything known to date.

The new album of works, I mentioned, has either been published or is due to be published by the Drozdoff Society - so you can search for the album on-line. Contains the majority of works that were orignally published by the composer in the USA. Unfortunately, the remainder of his works are in manuscript, which alas includes many of the piano sonatas (and think most of these are now held by the St Petersburg Conservatoire as a gift from the composer's family).

Malcolm

Vladimir Drozdoff - Compositions List.rtf
WalterNiemann
Pianophiliac

Post by WalterNiemann »

Thank you very very much Malcolm!

I didn't know that Drozdov composed that much!
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

Thanks indeed, Malcolm. It is a shame so many of Drozdoff's compositions remain unpublished.
Emil Borisovich Sernov
Pianophiliac

Post by Emil Borisovich Sernov »

Mikhail Fabianovich Gnessin (1883-1957)
From Shelley, Op.4 (Arranged for piano 4 Hands) / To Children, Op.27 / Little Pieces, Op.29

Although Mikhail Gnessin wrote many interesting works, his name is largely forgotten! And it seems that no musicologists are interested in his excellent output.
I tried to edit these files, but due to some glitches in these files I couldn't do it. Can somebody clean up these scores?
Gnessin M - Op 4 From Shelley.pdf
Gnessin M - Op 27 To Children.pdf
Gnessin M - Op 29 Little Pieces.pdf
isokani
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by isokani »

Hello, I'd like to post a picture here -- is it possible, and could someone tell me how? Many thanks indeed!