Emile-Robert Blanchet

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
fleubis
Pianomasochist
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Emile-Robert Blanchet

Post by fleubis »

passthesalt wrote:Blanchet's Op 13, Tema con Variazioni. TTTOS.
Thank you for posting this Blanchet piece. This is a wonderful addition to Pianophilia's meager supply of this highly original composers beautiful, but difficult works. Anyone not familiar with Blanchet's works would do well to investigate his Op.41 Preludes. I am currently enjoying studying his etudes for the left hand alone located at the end of this set or preludes--recommended!
4candles
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, organ, (drums)

Post by 4candles »

If anyone is interested, recordings of three of Blanchet's other piano works (other than Hamelin's Le jardin... recording have been made (I discovered after some extensive searching)). One comes from the 1960s and includes a Barcarolle and the previously mentioned Turquie, played by André Perret (if my memory serves me correctly). The other is a much more recent disc of works by Swiss composers, played by Daniel Spiegelberg, amongst which Blanchet's Sonate, Op 108 is the headliner.

Of equal interest to me was the presence (on these two same discs I might add) of a couple of works by another Swiss composer mentioned elsewhere on PP, Henri Stierlin-Vallon. One is a piece called "Pierrot rêve" from the composer's Figurines carnavalesques pour piano, and the other is a beautiful piece called "Dimanche Matin" which was actually posted fairly recently on PP amongst a collection of Études by the composer.

All these pieces are well worth checking out, despite their technical difficulties, as they are very original!
liveforpiano
Pianophiliac

Post by liveforpiano »

Dear fleubis,

Thank you very much for the information on Blanchet recordings. I am particularly interested in the Sonata disc, and am now going hunting for it.

Peter (liveforpiano)
4candles
Pianomaniac

Post by 4candles »

liveforpiano wrote:Dear fleubis,

Thank you very much for the information on Blanchet recordings. I am particularly interested in the Sonata disc, and am now going hunting for it.

Peter (liveforpiano)
No problem Peter.

The site I ordered the disc from has changed, but you can still order the disc from here:

http://boutique.rts.ch/advanced_search_ ... piegelberg

Happy listening!

4candles
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

Thanks for that recording link, 4candles. Even though French is not one the languages I speak, I did manage to get my order processed. This will be a interesting CD to have, that's for sure.
liveforpiano
Pianophiliac

Post by liveforpiano »

Dear 4candles,

I apologise for the mistake in my previous E Mail. It was you I should have thanked for the Blanchet disc details.
I have now ordered it, and since I too do not speak the language, it was a bit of a game, but I got there in the end.

I am looking forward to hearing the disc.

Thank you again.

Peter (Liveforpiano)
4candles
Pianomaniac

Post by 4candles »

liveforpiano wrote:Dear 4candles,

I apologise for the mistake in my previous E Mail. It was you I should have thanked for the Blanchet disc details.
I have now ordered it, and since I too do not speak the language, it was a bit of a game, but I got there in the end.

I am looking forward to hearing the disc.

Thank you again.

Peter (Liveforpiano)
No worries! :D
Glad to be of some help to fellow PP members!
4c
delius1995
Participant
Music Scores: No

Post by delius1995 »

A million thanks to all members for their interest & research. I hope someday Blanchet is going to be a more familiar name... Who knows how many more more masterpieces by him are lying in dusty shelves, waiting to be discovered... So, let's kick of this thread!
Caprotti
Pianomaniac

Post by Caprotti »

delius1995 wrote:A million thanks to all members for their interest & research. I hope someday Blanchet is going to be a more familiar name... Who knows how many more more masterpieces by him are lying in dusty shelves, waiting to be discovered... So, let's kick of this thread!
More than lying in dusty anonimous shelves, there are many scores lying in non-dusty libraries waiting to be ordered ...
Duirton

Post by Duirton »

4candles wrote:If anyone is interested, recordings of three of Blanchet's other piano works (other than Hamelin's Le jardin... recording have been made (I discovered after some extensive searching)). One comes from the 1960s and includes a Barcarolle and the previously mentioned Turquie, played by André Perret (if my memory serves me correctly). The other is a much more recent disc of works by Swiss composers, played by Daniel Spiegelberg, amongst which Blanchet's Sonate, Op 108 is the headliner.

Of equal interest to me was the presence (on these two same discs I might add) of a couple of works by another Swiss composer mentioned elsewhere on PP, Henri Stierlin-Vallon. One is a piece called "Pierrot rêve" from the composer's Figurines carnavalesques pour piano, and the other is a beautiful piece called "Dimanche Matin" which was actually posted fairly recently on PP amongst a collection of Études by the composer.

All these pieces are well worth checking out, despite their technical difficulties, as they are very original!

I don't understand.....
Where is posted on PP the piece "Dimanche Matin" to Stierlin-Vallon???
I misunderstood?; I can not seem to find it (neither the collection -Etude- that should contain it)......