Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Emile-Robert Blanchet

Post by mballan »

Duirton wrote:
4candles wrote:Of equal interest to me was the presence (on these two same discs I might add) of a couple of works by another Swiss composer mentioned elsewhere on PP, Henri Stierlin-Vallon. One is a piece called "Pierrot rêve" from the composer's Figurines carnavalesques pour piano, and the other is a beautiful piece called "Dimanche Matin" which was actually posted fairly recently on PP amongst a collection of Études by the composer.

All these pieces are well worth checking out, despite their technical difficulties, as they are very original!

I don't understand.....
Where is posted on PP the piece "Dimanche Matin" to Stierlin-Vallon???
I misunderstood?; I can not seem to find it (neither the collection -Etude- that should contain it)......
Duirton .........Etudes, page 10 about halfway down...posted by parsonstreet [Nine Etudes].

Malcolm
Phillip210
Pianophiliac

Post by Phillip210 »

Caprotti wrote:
delius1995 wrote:A million thanks to all members for their interest & research. I hope someday Blanchet is going to be a more familiar name... Who knows how many more more masterpieces by him are lying in dusty shelves, waiting to be discovered... So, let's kick of this thread!
More than lying in dusty anonimous shelves, there are many scores lying in non-dusty libraries waiting to be ordered ...
Although I do not want to add the intervening years to my age, I am looking forward to 2014 when he comes out of copyright (together with Rachmaninov who also died in 1943) in the EU and his scores can be freely distributed and played!
delius1995
Participant
Music Scores: No

Post by delius1995 »

I would b very interested to know if any of the dear member of PP has tried or is going to record a Blanchet's work. It would be very interesting to hear anoyh work by him except Le jardin au serail. (I've studied the previous one (Op. 18 No. 2) and I assure you it's trully wonderful, so wonderful that I'm going to execute in a piano competition this year!)
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

Yes 2014 is going to be a long wait for the Blanchet copyrights to expire.....meanwhile, we can always hope that IMSLP will see the light and release the Op.55 Etudes which many of us have been wishing for.
Caprotti
Pianomaniac

Post by Caprotti »

nms tts
Blanchet - 055 - 8 Etudes de Concert o.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
4candles
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, organ, (drums)

Post by 4candles »

Caprotti wrote:nms tts
Many thanks for this posting Caprotti!
Ferruccio
Pianophiliac

Post by Ferruccio »

4candles wrote:
Many thanks for this posting Caprotti!
My thanks as well for these very good studies. All piano music by Blanchet I know so far is very special - and terribly difficult. See the tricky last study .... :x
Best regards, Ferruccio
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

Caprotti, thank you so very much for posting Blanchet's Op.55. It is really wonderful to have this set of Etudes. They post many interesting technical challenges while at the same time being so very musical in Blanchet's wonderful harmonic world. In the first etude in 2nds, the composer has thankfully supplied us with a very workable fingering, without which I'd be scratching my head a bit on some of those passages. My favorites are nr 3 (being a fan of quartal harmony) and nr 4 having some of the most beautiful effects. It sure was worth the wait to get this score.
Caprotti
Pianomaniac

Post by Caprotti »

I can add this set, not less difficult, ms
Blanchet - 052 - Six Etudes polyrythmiques (a Philipp).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WCosand
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by WCosand »

Grazie, Caprotti.