Composers - Liechtenstein & other European principalities

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
mballan
Site Owner
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Composers - Liechtenstein & other European principalities

Post by mballan »

After the amusing discussions on creating threads for a dis-United Kingdom and its adjacent islands [personally I think a thread on composers from Sark would be my ideal one], and other tiny principalities I hesitated to create this one......but then I was at a loss where to place Josef Rheinberger (1839-1901). A composer, which I hope needs little introduction and often remembered for his many organ works.

Here are two works for piano: a powerful Passacaglia and a tantalising Toccata [thank you Mr P].

Malcolm
Rheinberger J - Toccata Op 115.pdf
Rheinberger J - Passacaglia Op 132.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rob
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)

Composers from Liechtenstein & other European principalities

Post by rob »

I guess I should give this thread my blessing since I suggested it would be the most practical of new mini-state threads.

I like the idea that all such mini-states can now be collected together. One proviso though. I think we should add the word 'European' to the title.
mballan
Site Owner

Composers from Liechtenstein & other European principalities

Post by mballan »

rob wrote:I guess I should give this thread my blessing since I suggested it would be the most practical of new mini-state threads.

I like the idea that all such mini-states can now be collected together. One proviso though. I think we should add the word 'European' to the title.

Your wish is my command.......and hope to post more on Rheinberger shortly.

Malcolm
kh0815

Re: Composers from Liechtenstein & other European principalities

Post by kh0815 »

... and actually from Sibley's: Rheinberger's Concert (As dur), op. 94 für Pianoforte mit Orchesterbegleitung (oder eines zweiten Pianoforte zu vier Händen) https://urresearch.rochester.edu/instit ... onNumber=1
remy
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by remy »

Thanks very much Malcolm and kh0815 for the Rheinberger.

Sibley also has the gorgeous Sonata No.3 in E flat:

https://urresearch.rochester.edu/instit ... temId=5182

jeremy
mballan
Site Owner

Re: Composers from Liechtenstein & other European principali

Post by mballan »

And other work by Rheinberger - the magnificent Op 39 Six Pieces in the form of a fugue.

Malcolm
Rheinberger J - Six Pieces in the form of Fugue Op.39.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
davida march
Pianophiliac
Music Scores: No

Post by davida march »

rob wrote:I guess I should give this thread my blessing since I suggested it would be the most practical of new mini-state threads.

What! And deny a place to upload the music of the principality of Hutt River (W.A.)? Not to mention the marvellous 'geocites website circa 1996' as exemplified by their communications and media department: http://www.principality-hutt-river.com/
;) dm
Paddys
Instruments played, if any: Piano.

Post by Paddys »

davida march wrote:

What! And deny a place to upload the music of the principality of Hutt River (W.A.)? Not to mention the marvellous 'geocites website circa 1996' as exemplified by their communications and media department: http://www.principality-hutt-river.com/
;) dm
Helen,

I once had lunch with Prince Leonard of Hutt. It was the late 1970s. I"m surprised to see him mentioned in this milieu.

It was nice to catch up with you at Kelp.

Love and kisses,

P.
rob
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)

Post by rob »

davida march wrote:

;) dm
Music from fictitious states?

Music from places that are figments of people's overactive imaginations? ;)

Incidentally, the (apparently) correct term for places like Liechtenstein is 'micro-state'!

PS Helen, we have a Sea-Fort off the coast of Essex (it would be Essex wouldn't it) where some chump has declared himself a Prince (not that I care a fig for princes, real or imagined) and declared UDI from the UK.
mballan
Site Owner

Re: Composers from Liechtenstein & other European principali

Post by mballan »

Can't have my favourite thread wandering off onto page 2, especially as it caused some intriguing discussion.........so some more Rheinberger [and another one for the Toccata enthusiasts].

Malcolm
Rheinberger J - Toccata Op. 104.pdf