The Unknown Composer

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
Post Reply
Pianoman
Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed May 27, 2020 7:55 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Portugal

Re: The Unknown Composer

Post by Pianoman » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:47 pm

I've just found this thread. great!

I'll move my last post to here:


I can't find anything about this "Karchmareff" guy...any help?

I have the name of one piano piece by him: "Fairy-Tale".

Thanks.

User avatar
mballan
Site Owner
Posts: 2148
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:35 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Cornwall, England

Re: The Unknown Composer

Post by mballan » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:40 am

Pianoman wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:47 pm
I've just found this thread. great!

I'll move my last post to here:


I can't find anything about this "Karchmareff" guy...any help?

I have the name of one piano piece by him: "Fairy-Tale".

Thanks.
Pianoman

That is the European version of his name, its actually is Korchmaryov.

Klimenty Arkad’yevich Korchmaryov. Born 1899, Verkhnedneprovsk [now Dnepropetrovsk district]: died 1958, Moscow. Composer and pianist.

Graduated in 1919 from the Odesa Conservatoire after studies in composition and piano [he studied with Biber and Malishevsky].

From 1919 he lived periodically in Turkmenia, where he collected over 200 folksongs and composed the first Turkmenian national ballet ‘The Merry Deceiver’. From 1921-23 he taught at the Dnepropetrovsk Conservatoire and concertized through the area. From 1923 he lived in Moscow. His students include Yorish.

Piano works include:

Conte [Fairytale-Legend] (1916)

Trois Morceaux (1918 -19)
1. Chanson printaniere
2. Improvisation
3. Clarete

Prelude for the Left hand (1922)

Piano Concerto (1924)

‘Revolutionary Carnival’ Fantastic Variations based on the theme of the French song ‘Carmagnole’ (1924)

Velikaya skorb’ [Great Sorrow] (1926)

Evreiskiy prazdnik [Jewish Holidays] (1926)

‘The Life and the Conditions of the Peoples of the USSR’ Suite (1926)

Pieces from the opera ‘Ivan the Soldier’ (1925-27)
1. Coronation Procession of the Tsar
2. Scherzo
3. Procession of the Nobles

American [inspired by the ragtime of Joplin and Roll Morton] (1928)

‘From the exhibition of AKhRR (Association of Artists of Revolutionary Russia)’ - Two Pieces
1. Round and about in Neskuchnom’s Garden
2. Kuraishchik [Bashir herdsman]

Search Pianophilia on that spelling, but if not then I have: Prelude (LH), Trois Morceaux, Fariytale-Legend, Violin Sonata, Opera 'Ten Days that Shock the World'. Let me know if you want to see any of these ?

Malcolm

Pianoman
Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed May 27, 2020 7:55 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Portugal

Re: The Unknown Composer

Post by Pianoman » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:40 am

mballan wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:40 am
Pianoman wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:47 pm
I've just found this thread. great!

I'll move my last post to here:


I can't find anything about this "Karchmareff" guy...any help?

I have the name of one piano piece by him: "Fairy-Tale".

Thanks.
Pianoman

That is the European version of his name, its actually is Korchmaryov.

Klimenty Arkad’yevich Korchmaryov. Born 1899, Verkhnedneprovsk [now Dnepropetrovsk district]: died 1958, Moscow. Composer and pianist.

Graduated in 1919 from the Odesa Conservatoire after studies in composition and piano [he studied with Biber and Malishevsky].

From 1919 he lived periodically in Turkmenia, where he collected over 200 folksongs and composed the first Turkmenian national ballet ‘The Merry Deceiver’. From 1921-23 he taught at the Dnepropetrovsk Conservatoire and concertized through the area. From 1923 he lived in Moscow. His students include Yorish.

Piano works include:

Conte [Fairytale-Legend] (1916)

Trois Morceaux (1918 -19)
1. Chanson printaniere
2. Improvisation
3. Clarete

Prelude for the Left hand (1922)

Piano Concerto (1924)

‘Revolutionary Carnival’ Fantastic Variations based on the theme of the French song ‘Carmagnole’ (1924)

Velikaya skorb’ [Great Sorrow] (1926)

Evreiskiy prazdnik [Jewish Holidays] (1926)

‘The Life and the Conditions of the Peoples of the USSR’ Suite (1926)

Pieces from the opera ‘Ivan the Soldier’ (1925-27)
1. Coronation Procession of the Tsar
2. Scherzo
3. Procession of the Nobles

American [inspired by the ragtime of Joplin and Roll Morton] (1928)

‘From the exhibition of AKhRR (Association of Artists of Revolutionary Russia)’ - Two Pieces
1. Round and about in Neskuchnom’s Garden
2. Kuraishchik [Bashir herdsman]

Search Pianophilia on that spelling, but if not then I have: Prelude (LH), Trois Morceaux, Fariytale-Legend, Violin Sonata, Opera 'Ten Days that Shock the World'. Let me know if you want to see any of these ?

Malcolm
Many thanks once again. With your precious help. I got what I wanted. He is on IMSLP, also...

Any tips on solving this kind of situations in the future? Or do I need a specific knowledge (of the russian language, for example) to get there?

Thanks!

User avatar
mballan
Site Owner
Posts: 2148
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:35 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Cornwall, England

Re: The Unknown Composer

Post by mballan » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:41 am

Pianoman - if you have any queries re. Russian composers / music, then suggest you contact me direct (you have my e-mail address), or can leave me a personal message on Pianophilia.

Malcolm

Pianoman
Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed May 27, 2020 7:55 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Portugal

Re: The Unknown Composer

Post by Pianoman » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:29 pm

mballan wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:41 am
Pianoman - if you have any queries re. Russian composers / music, then suggest you contact me direct (you have my e-mail address), or can leave me a personal message on Pianophilia.

Malcolm
Thanks Malcolm!
I will do that (in this exact moment because I have another question)

Post Reply