Russian & Soviet Composers (Misc) - Part 2

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
Locked
lutoslawski
Pianophiliac
Posts: 402
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:10 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano,Violin. Composer.
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Russian & Soviet Composers (Misc)

Post by lutoslawski » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:49 am

fleubis wrote:I would like to bring up the subject of Yevgeni Golubev. We have recently been treated to his 3 piano concertos and the 1954 3rd concerto is especially nice.

Am wondering if any of his 10 piano sonatas have surfaced. I am especially interested in the score for his 1942 Piano Sonata Nr. 4. I suspect many of his works are under some kind of copyright as he lived until 1988.
You already heard a recording to the 3rd concerto? I am still crazy looking for it. Although a friend found it, but still i have not heard from him since a month and a half.

Ton

User avatar
mballan
Site Owner
Posts: 1915
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:35 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Cornwall, England

Re: Russian & Soviet Composers (Misc)

Post by mballan » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:48 am

rob wrote:
fleubis wrote:...Yevgeni Golubev...wondering if any of his 10 piano sonatas have surfaced...
Piano Sonatas 3 4 5 & 6 - nms - so perhaps the original scanner(s) would care to post?
Me thinks that was me ! I don't mind Rob if you want to post on my behalf as I will not be home until much later this evening. Also - if memory serves me right - one of the sonatas was quite large so may need compressing to post.

Thanks

Malcolm

User avatar
mballan
Site Owner
Posts: 1915
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:35 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Cornwall, England

Re: Russian & Soviet Composers (Misc)

Post by mballan » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:53 am

lutoslawski wrote:
fleubis wrote:I would like to bring up the subject of Yevgeni Golubev. We have recently been treated to his 3 piano concertos and the 1954 3rd concerto is especially nice.

Am wondering if any of his 10 piano sonatas have surfaced. I am especially interested in the score for his 1942 Piano Sonata Nr. 4. I suspect many of his works are under some kind of copyright as he lived until 1988.
You already heard a recording to the 3rd concerto? I am still crazy looking for it. Although a friend found it, but still i have not heard from him since a month and a half.

Ton
Tony

Golubev's 3rd piano concerto and 4th piano sonata are available as a CD on the Melodiya label [MELCD1000925]. It is still available when I checked 2 minutes ago.

Malcolm

User avatar
mballan
Site Owner
Posts: 1915
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:35 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Cornwall, England

Re: Russian & Soviet Composers (Misc)

Post by mballan » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:56 am

fredbucket wrote:
mballan wrote:Me thinks that was me !
It was, and in this thread :) viewtopic.php?f=50&t=371&p=8359&hilit=golubev#p8359

Regards
Fred
FredB - I hadn't posted the 4th sonata yet because I going to ask one of you if possible to compress ?

Malc

User avatar
fredbucket
Site Admin
Posts: 1901
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:51 am
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Russian & Soviet Composers (Misc)

Post by fredbucket » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:11 am

mballan wrote:FredB - I hadn't posted the 4th sonata yet because I going to ask one of you if possible to compress ?
I tried, and out of 37Mbytes saved a massive 15K :(

Regards
Fred

User avatar
fredbucket
Site Admin
Posts: 1901
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:51 am
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Russian & Soviet Composers (Misc)

Post by fredbucket » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:22 am

fredbucket wrote:I tried, and out of 37Mbytes saved a massive 15K
But then decreased the colour depth to greyscale and got this...
Golubev - Op.22 Piano Sonata No. 4 (opt).pdf
Regards
Fred
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
mballan
Site Owner
Posts: 1915
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:35 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Cornwall, England

Re: Russian & Soviet Composers (Misc)

Post by mballan » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:31 am

fredbucket wrote:
fredbucket wrote:I tried, and out of 37Mbytes saved a massive 15K
But then decreased the colour depth to greyscale and got this...
Golubev - Op.22 Piano Sonata No. 4 (opt).pdf
Regards
Fred
Thank you...much better [otherwise everyone will be waiting 2 hours just to download] :D

Malcolm

User avatar
mballan
Site Owner
Posts: 1915
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:35 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Cornwall, England

Re: Russian & Soviet Composers (Misc)

Post by mballan » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:17 pm

rob wrote:
fleubis wrote:...Yevgeni Golubev...wondering if any of his 10 piano sonatas have surfaced...
Piano Sonatas 3 4 5 & 6 - nms - so perhaps the original scanner(s) would care to post?
The other Golubev sonatas I have which were posted on the old PP.......No. 4 above, plus:

Op 9 Piano Sonata No. 3
Golubev - Op 9 Piano Sonata No. 3 Mvt 1.pdf
Golubev - Op 9 Piano Sonata No. 3 Mvt 2 & 3.pdf
Op 35 Piano Sonata No. 5
Golubev - Op 35 Piano Sonata No. 5.pdf
Op 54 Piano Sonata No. 6
Golubev - Op 54 Piano Sonata No. 6 [in 1 movement].pdf
Malcolm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fleubis
Pianomasochist
Posts: 1939
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:42 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Russian & Soviet Composers (Misc)

Post by fleubis » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:16 am

Fred, thank you for you work in getting Golubev's Sonata No.4 in usable size, I appreciate your posting this as well as Malcolm for posting Golubev's Sonatas No.3, 5 & 6. We are well on our way to collecting all of Golubev's sonatas. I find him an interesting composer as I get a sense of unease and gears not quite meshing when playing and listening to his music. Utterly fascinating. Isn't Pianophilia a wonderful place? :D
Last edited by fleubis on Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mballan
Site Owner
Posts: 1915
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:35 pm
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes
Location: Cornwall, England

Re: Russian & Soviet Composers (Misc)

Post by mballan » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:36 am

fleubis wrote:Fred, thank you for you work in getting Golubev's Sonata No.4 in usable size, I appreciate your posting this as well as Malcolm for posting Golubev's Sonatas No.3, 5 & 6. We are well on our way to collecting all of Golubev's sonatas. I find him an interesting composer as I get a sense of unease and gears not quite meshing when playing and listening to his music. Utterly fascinating. Isn't Pianophilia a wonderful placer? :D
Fleubis & all

There are a few more Golubev pieces that will be available again when my old Russian/Soviet thread from the old PP becomes active in the Archive. I hadn't realised how many scores I had posted last year and it has been a mammoth job to complete [aiming for mid September to finish and up-load]. I wish I had followed Alfred's sensible approach and maintained an "archive" earlier, as he has done with his Rarities............but up to the "K"'s.....so almost there. Unfortunately, trying to do the Archive has meant less time for scanning and posting new works on PP but it will open up many new scores for newer members.

I have almost finished going through the alphabet on my Miscellaneous Russian & Soviet thread.......and that will be the 1st cabinet of music done.........but never fear there are another 5 cabinets of Russian Music to scan so think I can keep you happy in scores for a while yet [although Alfred is doing extremely well at beating me in scanning and posting many of the scores I hold]......plus of course there are a number of other non-Russian piano scores to be scanned as well. I have also struck a deal with the St Petersburg Conservatoire Library and copies of a number of selected rare scores should be with me very soon [first parcel due late September].......I think you will be more than happy with some of the music I am in the process of obtaining.

Malcolm

Locked