Bohuslav Martinu

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
tracyross
Instruments played, if any: Piano, electric keyboards, harpsichord, organ, trumpet, flugelhorn, cornet, piccolo trumpet
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Bohuslav Martinu

Post by tracyross »

Is this it? I don't see copyright information but I'm happy to remove it if necessary.
martinu adagio.pdf
Tracy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fleubis
Pianomasochist
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by fleubis »

Very nice little miniature. Thanks for posting.
HTIEKFR
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: PIANO

Post by HTIEKFR »

tracyross wrote:Is this it? I don't see copyright information but I'm happy to remove it if necessary.

Tracy
Yes this is it !
Thank you very much for posting this lovely piece
Pianoman
Pianophiliac

Post by Pianoman »

Hi all,

I have in a piano repertoire list a reference to "Portraits d'Enfants" by B. Martinu.
I searched everywhere I could think of and didn't find any work with a similar name written by Martinu.

I'm thinking that the name is probably wrong and maybe who wrote it got confused with Claude Pascal's work with the same name that appears on that list too.

Do, any of you knows any piano work by Martinu with a similar name? it must be very easy to play because it's on GRADE 2.
I thought of "Puppets" but maybe these are too hard for grade 2? Or maybe the "Children's Pieces", H.221? (I don't know the score)

For difficulty reference, grade 2 has Czerny op.599 and op.849, Bach's "Anna Magdalena's Notebook" and "Little Preludes".

Any tips?

Thanks.
Knutssen

Post by Knutssen »

Pianoman wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:54 pm Do, any of you knows any piano work by Martinu with a similar name? it must be very easy to play because it's on GRADE 2.
I think this must be "Spring in the Garden", a collection of four children pieces. The first one seems doable by grade 2 student.