Prokofiev

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
rob
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)
Music Scores: Yes

Prokofiev

Post by rob »

Sergei Sergeyevich Prokofiev (Сергей Сергеевич Прокофьев] 27 April 1891 – 5 March 1953

With single composer threads, anything at all related to that composer may be discussed and posted.

Courtesy of Boris Tarakanov, here is Prokofiev's Seventh and last Symphony arranged for piano four hands by Anatoly Vedernikov: http://notes.tarakanov.net/piano/p2/prokofiev-symf7.zip
besmart
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Re: Prokofiev

Post by besmart »

Hi,

Does anyone have an arrangement for two piano of the March from The Love of Three Oranges?

Greentiger
Participant
Music Scores: No

Piano Transcriptions for two hands

Post by Greentiger »

I'm still searching for the piano reduction of Prokofiev's ballet Chout. Has anyone come across it on their travels?
broomlet
Participant

Post by broomlet »

Yes. Came across it and scanned it (and cleaned it). Enjoy:
Prokofiev - Chout (piano red).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fhimpsl
Pianomasochist

Post by fhimpsl »

HI besmart, Attached is the four hands (two piano) arrangement of the Prokofiev March. For some reason despite several attempts the very last page of the .pdf document is in horizontal format rather than vertical. If you print that page separately and adjust to portrait format you should be ok. I haven't been successful in flipping the last page without doing the same to the rest of the document! :mrgreen:
Frank
Prokofiev - March - 4 Hand arr.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WCosand
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by WCosand »

fixed
Prokofiev%20-%20Marchwrotationfixed.pdf
Greentiger
Participant

Post by Greentiger »

I'm currently looking for the vocal score of Semyon Kotko. I can't find it for sale through any of the usual commercial outlets....does anyone here have a copy?.....i know it is rather a tall order.

I would also like to say thank you to Broomlet for posting the Chout transcription which I have been looking for for an age. I did try to PM my thanks but it seems it didn't get through. Once again much appreciated.
rob
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)

Post by rob »

Greentiger wrote:I'm currently looking for the vocal score of Semyon Kotko. I can't find it for sale through any of the usual commercial outlets....does anyone here have a copy?.....i know it is rather a tall order.

I would also like to say thank you to Broomlet for posting the Chout transcription which I have been looking for for an age. I did try to PM my thanks but it seems it didn't get through. Once again much appreciated.
Yes, the Chout transcription is a spectacular offering!

I've attached all I have of Semyon Kotko...
Prokofiev op81 Semyon Kotko - Final Chorus.pdf
broomlet
Participant

Post by broomlet »

Glad to hear Chout is being enjoyed!

So, if you liked that...

I have a directory full of awkwardly huge raw scans I made years ago of the first editions of the three other Diaghilev ballets in piano reduction - L'enfant prodigue, Le pas d'acier, and Sur le Borysthene - and every now and then I straighten and clean a few more pages, but it's exceedingly tedious work so I haven't put a lot of time into it. Have any of those made it online already? Let me know which of those, if any, is most desired around here, and I'll focus my efforts on prepping that one for upload.
Greentiger
Participant

Post by Greentiger »

rob wrote:[

I've attached all I have of Semyon Kotko...
Prokofiev op81 Semyon Kotko - Final Chorus.pdf
Thanks for that Rob, and for the time taken, but I have got that part too. It rather the "Southern Night" part I was hoping for, but probably will only find that in a copy of the whole thing. But thanks anyway.