Mahler 10 painted in (black and) White

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
ahinton
Music Scores: No

Mahler 10 painted in (black and) White

Post by ahinton »

http://www.dailyclassicalmusic.com/2010 ... o-info.htm

Any comments, anyone?

I've long been aware of the opening movement transcription but have only just discovered the existence of the remainder and its recording.

I've not heard it yet, but the overall duration seems rather alarmingly brief, for starters...

Best,

Alistair
rob
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Mahler 10 painted in (black and) White

Post by rob »

Sadly the site needs a username and password - or at least it did just now.

Rob

(PS: I might eventually want to retitle this thread 'Mahler for Piano' or 'Mahler Symphonies for Piano' or omething similar - or else we could shift it to the Orchestral area and just call it 'Mahler Symphonies' - as you prefer...)
ahinton
Music Scores: No

Re: Mahler 10 painted in (black and) White

Post by ahinton »

rob wrote:Sadly the site needs a username and password - or at least it did just now.

Rob

(PS: I might eventually want to retitle this thread 'Mahler for Piano' or 'Mahler Symphonies for Piano' or omething similar - or else we could shift it to the Orchestral area and just call it 'Mahler Symphonies' - as you prefer...)
Yes, sorry, the site has indeed needed those things since the beginning of this year (I should have mentioned that at the outset).

If you want to change the thread title and/or relocate it, that's fine; I initiated it here because the CD concerned is of a piano transcription.