The Music of Domenico Scarlatti

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
zartist

The Music of Domenico Scarlatti

Post by zartist »

I trust I am not doubling up, topic-wise! Would anyone be able to tell me where I can get hold of all of the D. Scarlatti keyboard sonatas? Until recently I had a site in my favourites but that seems to have disappeared. IMSLP has only the first 200 in the Kirkpatrick catalogue and I am looking particularly for K426 and K427.

Many thanks in anticipation!
alfor
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: The Music of Domenico Scarlatti

Post by alfor »

zartist wrote:I trust I am not doubling up, topic-wise! Would anyone be able to tell me where I can get hold of all of the D. Scarlatti keyboard sonatas? Until recently I had a site in my favourites but that seems to have disappeared. IMSLP has only the first 200 in the Kirkpatrick catalogue and I am looking particularly for K426 and K427.

Many thanks in anticipation!
You can download a (nearly?) complete 19th century edition of the sonatas here (as well as a lot of Czerny, Kirchner, Heller, Hiller a.o. mainly 19th century piano scores from the Bavarian State Library; high-quality scans!):

http://daten.digitale-sammlungen.de/~db ... 38/images/
Last edited by alfor on Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Best regards, Alfor S. Cans

Music is a higher revelation than wisdom and philosophy (Beethoven)

http://www.mediafire.com/alfor
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

zartist wrote:IMSLP has only the first 200 in the Kirkpatrick catalogue and I am looking particularly for K426 and K427.
IMSLP has the complete sonatas, but in the Longo edition. I'm attaching a file
SYNOPSIS.Longo-Kirkpatrick-Pestelli.pdf
listing all the Longo/Kirkpatirck/Pestelli numberings, and that will enable you to find what you are after from IMSLP.

Regards
Fred
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

alfor wrote:You can download a (nearly?) complete 19th century edition of the sonatas here (as well as a lot of Czerny, Kirchner, Heller, Hiller a.o. mainly 19th century piano scores from the Bavarian State Library; high-quality scans!
A very useful site, but as far as I can see the order of the Scarlatti sonatas bears no resemblance to the Longo and (of course) the Kirkpatrick numbering.

Regards
Fred
alfor
Pianodeity

Post by alfor »

fredbucket wrote: A very useful site, but as far as I can see the order of the Scarlatti sonatas bears no resemblance to the Longo and (of course) the Kirkpatrick numbering.
Indeed! This edition is from 1839 or 1840, quite a while before Longo and Kirckpatrick were born.
Best regards, Alfor S. Cans

Music is a higher revelation than wisdom and philosophy (Beethoven)

http://www.mediafire.com/alfor
fredbucket
Site Admin

Post by fredbucket »

fredbucket wrote:A very useful site, but as far as I can see the order of the Scarlatti sonatas bears no resemblance to the Longo and (of course) the Kirkpatrick numbering.
This is the Haslinger edition. Actually, the sequences (although the numbering is of course not the same) are very similar to Kirkpatrick, e.g. K1=H5,K2=H6 at least for the first few. Longo, as is well known, is all over the place :)

Regards
Fred
lebowl
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano Mason BB

Post by lebowl »

Did Scarlatti write any keyboard music besides his 555 Sonatas?
Ferruccio
Pianophiliac

Post by Ferruccio »

lebowl wrote:Did Scarlatti write any keyboard music besides his 555 Sonatas?

Good idea !!
What about 350 Rondi, 487 Suites, 270 Inventions and 634 Fantasias ?
Would REALLY be great, hm ? :twisted:
Best regards, Ferruccio
zartist

Post by zartist »

Many thanks, Fred! The synopsis you attached is most useful. Thank you to all the other helpful responses as well!
WCosand
Pianophiliac

Post by WCosand »

Thanks for the posts. I have a catalog folder on my website with the sonatas sorted by all three non-Haslinger numbering systems and also a chart with them sorted by keys.
http://waltercosand.com/CosandScores/Co ... 0Domenico/
I found the url where I stole it:
http://www.classical.net/~music/compose ... /index.php