Composers from Germany [Misc]

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
WalterNiemann
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Composers from Germany [Misc]

Post by WalterNiemann »

Thank you Hobbypianist for all the good Jadassohn on IMSLP!
WalterNiemann
Pianophiliac

Post by WalterNiemann »

Does somebody know something about Xaver Scharwenkas Opp 24, 39, 66 No.2, 67 No.2, 68 No.1 and 2, 71, 73 No.2, 74, 78 and 89? It would be very nice if anyebody has information on these pieces! If someone is interested in the other pieces, please let me know and I'll post them here :D
Alex
Pianophiliac

Post by Alex »

What a wonderful collection of Jadassohn, thanks so much Hobbypianist!!
Hobbypianist
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by Hobbypianist »

You're welcome :) . Well, let's thank the Staatsbibliothek in Berlin for their good scans with high resolution which made a bw conversion possible.
Unfortunately, some single pieces from a few collections were missing. I hope you all have access without the waiting period to download the files. Otherwise let me know and I can upload them here as well.
fahl5
Music Scores: No

Post by fahl5 »

8 Sonatas by Daniel Steibelt are now audible at http://klassik-resampled.de/steibelt
I have recorded them as well in the sound of a Johann Schantz Pianoforte (1790) as in the sound of a modern Bechstein D 282. As fa as I can see none of them (except perhaps op.45) have been recorded before anywhere. but please correct me if I am wrong.

I hope you like it.

If anyone knows another unsung Steibelt Sonata I might care for likewise I am happy for any help.
Listen music never heard before at klassik-resampled.de
Aprosdoketon

Post by Aprosdoketon »

Many thanks!
musiclife217
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by musiclife217 »

hello, has anyone seen the Op. 12 Berceuse from Henselt?
Phillip210
Pianophiliac

Post by Phillip210 »

musiclife217 wrote:hello, has anyone seen the Op. 12 Berceuse from Henselt?
That's a very interesting question. I can't see any mention of an Op. 12 in Richard Beattie Davis' catalogue on the Henselt Society website (except for item from Op. 13 listed as Op. 12 in one edition). That list doesn't mention an Op. 45 either, but IMSLP lists the well-known 'Wiegenlied' under that opus number. That piece seemed to have been published in at least one album (eg, this one https://goo.gl/gye4ug) without an opus number, even though the other pieces all have one, and in the editions on IMSLP only Pachmann's give it this number. I wonder if the 'Op. 12' and 'Op. 45' might be the same piece.
kroket
Pianophiliac

Post by kroket »

Henselt page from MGG.pdf
Phillip210 wrote:
musiclife217 wrote:hello, has anyone seen the Op. 12 Berceuse from Henselt?
That's a very interesting question. I can't see any mention of an Op. 12 in Richard Beattie Davis' catalogue on the Henselt Society website (except for item from Op. 13 listed as Op. 12 in one edition). That list doesn't mention an Op. 45 either, but IMSLP lists the well-known 'Wiegenlied' under that opus number. That piece seemed to have been published in at least one album (eg, this one https://goo.gl/gye4ug) without an opus number, even though the other pieces all have one, and in the editions on IMSLP only Pachmann's give it this number. I wonder if the 'Op. 12' and 'Op. 45' might be the same piece.
I agree with Philip. In Musik in Geschichte und Gegenwart (although I don't have the last published version) is noted that Op. 12 was not published in Germany. A Berceuse in Ges is mentioned as published without an opus number. The Wiegenlied (Op. 45) is in Ges and is also called Berceuse.
Greetings, kroket
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kroket
Pianophiliac

Post by kroket »

Mozart Menuet KV355 with trio by Hans Henkemans (1967).pdf
One day after Mozarts birthday. The delightful minuet KV355 is dated in the last Köchel edition as composed in 1789/1790, so a late work. It was published in 1801, with a trio by Maximilian Stadler. The Dutch pianist and composer Hans Henkemans (1913-1995), famous for many cadenzas to the Mozart concertos, composed a new trio in 1967. In my opinion it has much more connection with the Minuet than the version by Stadler. The trio by Henkemans appeared only as a supplement with a musical magazine.
I've read that another Dutch composer and (forte)pianist, Thomas Bouwman, will publish this year his own version of a trio, with the company of Universal Edition.

By the way: A treat for Mozart fans is the completion of a Mozart fragment of 5 bars (Adagio in b minor, KV deest) by Dutch pianist and composer Cees Nieuwenhuizen. His score can be followed on the YouTube video: https://youtu.be/qdEGhMxQrB4.

Greetings,
kroket
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.