Composers from Germany [Misc]

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music

Composers from Germany [Misc]

Postby mballan » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:41 pm

I suppose we have so many famous composers from Germany that some of the lesser known ones tend to get forgotten in the mists of time. This thread is duly dedicated to those composers.

Here is an obscure sonata, his opus 1, from Karl Ritter (1830 Dresden, died ?) [again with thanks to Mr P].

Malcolm

Ritter K - Op 1 Piano Sonata No.1 Opus 1.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
mballan
Site Owner
 
Posts: 1557
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:35 pm
Location: Cornwall, England

Re: Composers from Germany [Misc]

Postby NidaKaldirim » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:00 am

Caspar Joseph Brambach (1833-1902) is a german Composer rather unknown.. see:
www brueckenhofmuseum de/brambach html

Brambach Noveletten op24.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NidaKaldirim
Participant
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:47 am

Re: Composers from Germany [Misc]

Postby Hobbypianist » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:40 pm

another almost forgotten composer:

Joseph Haas (1879-1960)

Haas_Menuett.pdf

Haas_Papillon.pdf

Haas_Sage.pdf

Haas_op.02_Fuenf_Klavierstuecke.pdf

Haas_op.06_Bagatellen.pdf

Haas_op.16_Lose_Blaetter.pdf

Haas_op.18_Sechs_Humoresken.pdf

Haas_op.27_Wichtelmaennchen.pdf

Haas_op.34_Gespenster.pdf

Haas_op.35_Hausmaerchen.pdf

Haas_op.39_Eulenspiegeleien.pdf

Haas_op.42_Alte_unnennbare_Tage.pdf

Haas_op.43_Hausmaerchen.pdf

Haas_op.51_Deutsche_Reigen_und_Romanzen.pdf

Haas_op.55_Schwaenke_und_Idyllen.pdf

Haas_op.94_Vier_Sonatinen.pdf

Haas_op.99_Klangspiele.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hobbypianist
Member
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:33 pm

Re: Composers from Germany [Misc]

Postby fhimpsl » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:25 am

Thank you, Hobbypianist, for this wonderful collection of Joseph Haas music. Very enjoyable indeed, a treasure!

All Best,

Frank
User avatar
fhimpsl
Pianomasochist
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:00 am
Location: Pueblo West, CO

Re: Composers from Germany [Misc]

Postby Ferruccio » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:03 am

fhimpsl wrote:Thank you, Hobbypianist, for this wonderful collection of Joseph Haas music. Very enjoyable indeed, a treasure!

All Best,

Frank



Seconded !!
Best regards, Ferruccio
User avatar
Ferruccio
Pianophiliac
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:22 pm

Re: Composers from Germany [Misc]

Postby jre58591 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:34 am

Does anyone have Manfred Kelkel's Tombeau de Scriabin? I am not sure if he was even German. I am just guessing from the name.
jre58591
Member
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:04 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Composers from Germany [Misc]

Postby fredbucket » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:49 am

jre58591 wrote:Does anyone have Manfred Kelkel's Tombeau de Scriabin? I am not sure if he was even German. I am just guessing from the name.

This one's a bit tricky. Kelkel died in 1999 and I suspect that's probably too close to the present day for us to upload his works here.

Regards
Fred
User avatar
fredbucket
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1839
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:51 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Composers from Germany [Misc]

Postby mballan » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:01 am

fredbucket wrote:
jre58591 wrote:Does anyone have Manfred Kelkel's Tombeau de Scriabin? I am not sure if he was even German. I am just guessing from the name.

This one's a bit tricky. Kelkel died in 1999 and I suspect that's probably too close to the present day for us to upload his works here.

Regards
Fred


Yes, it is still in copyright. I'll contact jre5859 direct to discuss.

Malcolm
User avatar
mballan
Site Owner
 
Posts: 1557
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:35 pm
Location: Cornwall, England

Re: Composers from Germany [Misc]

Postby alfor » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:58 pm

mballan wrote:Yes, it is still in copyright. I'll contact jre5859 direct to discuss.

Malcolm


copyrighted yes, but obviously out-of-print. SO...........there is only one solution
(which I hope is not a criminal act :mrgreen: ):

ask OREN....
Best regards, Alfor S. Cans

Music is a higher revelation than wisdom and philosophy (Beethoven)


http://www.mediafire.com/alfor
alfor
Pianodeity
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Composers from Germany [Misc]

Postby mballan » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:12 pm

alfor wrote:
mballan wrote:Yes, it is still in copyright. I'll contact jre5859 direct to discuss.

Malcolm


copyrighted yes, but obviously out-of-print. SO...........there is only one solution
(which I hope is not a criminal act :mrgreen: ):

ask OREN....


All sorted Alfor......hopefully one happy man across the Altantic.

Malc
User avatar
mballan
Site Owner
 
Posts: 1557
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:35 pm
Location: Cornwall, England

Next

Return to Keyboard Music discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron