Composers from Germany [Misc]

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
musiclife217
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Composers from Germany [Misc]

Post by musiclife217 »

thank you for highlighting this again and I appreciate the interest in expanding our Lange collection.

I'm not sure if anyone has access in Australia, Queensland library, but, here

http://onesearch.slq.qld.gov.au/permali ... 9170002061

the missing pages of the Lange Mazeppa score are likely...only pages 5 and 6 of the volume.. I wish they weren't missing from my score. :(
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

musiclife217 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:53 am I'm not sure if anyone has access in Australia, Queensland library, but, here

the missing pages of the Lange Mazeppa score are likely...only pages 5 and 6 of the volume.. I wish they weren't missing from my score. :(
I could request an inter-library loan via NSW State Library but it's not cheap! I have a small queue of other library works that I have to work through on my own projects. It appears to be cheaper for you to request that they copy some pages.
Last edited by bingo on Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
pcovitz1968
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by pcovitz1968 »

Nogbert wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:13 am Does anybody have any works by Max Meyer-Olbersleben (1850-1927), another neglected composer who doesn't seem to have featured on PP before? My interest was sparked by hearing a recording of his Burleske (Op 19 no 2) by Florian Uhlig on our local classical music station this morning. There's a brief biography on Wikipedia, and a few interesting pieces and incomplete list of works on IMSLP.
Reiterating this call for any scores by Max Meyer Olbersleben... I absolutely adore his Ballade in G-sharp minor, Op.9... I am working on it now for the second time and just love it. I'd love to find more pieces by him!
--Phil
ut supra, sic infra
pcovitz1968

Post by pcovitz1968 »

Hello; I have been searching for a score of Karl Vollweiler's first piano sonata, Op. 3. The IMSLP website has a copy of his second sonata, Op. 40, but his first seems to be missing.

I came across a reference to this sonata when looking at the piano sonatas of J.P.E. Hartmann; according to the historical record, Hartmann's D Minor sonata was awarded 3rd prize in a North German Music Association competition in the 1840s, while the 2nd prize went to Julius Emil Leonhard for his Sonata Quasi Fantasia, op. 5. Scores for both of these are available on IMSLP. However, the 1st prize went to Karl Vollweiler for his Sonata in G, Op. 3, and I have been unable to locate a copy of the score.

An Internet search turned up a result in the WorldCat database, showing copies that exist in Denmark and Germany, far beyond my reach.

https://www.worldcat.org/title/pianofor ... /472551116

Thanks!
--Phil
ut supra, sic infra
paolor
Pianophiliac

Post by paolor »

Here it is - seems to be worthwhile to play.
Vollweiler op.3 Grosse Sonate.pdf
Br, paolor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pcovitz1968

Post by pcovitz1968 »

paolor wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:22 am Here it is - seems to be worthwhile to play.Vollweiler op.3 Grosse Sonate.pdf
Br, paolor
How great, thanks so much! I'll look forward to reading through it. Apparently, Schumann was not a fan, believing that Hartmann's sonata should have won.We shall see!
--Phil
ut supra, sic infra
FW190
Pianomaniac

Post by FW190 »

musiclife217 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:53 am thank you for highlighting this again and I appreciate the interest in expanding our Lange collection.

May be worth a try: The original score of the incomplete Mazeppa (op.327) is from the "Cleveland Public library", so far as I see the score is not online. But may be some nice soul can borrow it and check the score. Here comes another new one:
Lange,G.-.op.047.-.Au-Bivouac-Grand-Galop-Militaire-(pno-Hammond-Edition).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In Bach we trust.
musiclife217
Pianomaniac

Post by musiclife217 »

FW190 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:54 pm
musiclife217 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:53 am thank you for highlighting this again and I appreciate the interest in expanding our Lange collection.

May be worth a try: The original score of the incomplete Mazeppa (op.327) is from the "Cleveland Public library", so far as I see the score is not online. But may be some nice soul can borrow it and check the score. Here comes another new one:

Lange,G.-.op.047.-.Au-Bivouac-Grand-Galop-Militaire-(pno-Hammond-Edition).pdf
Thank you - this fills yet another entry in the works list! The Cleveland score is missing a number of pages, additionally. Hopefully, the Queensland lib. would scan just these two missing pages from Mazeppa. I think it is worth a try, too.
musiclife217
Pianomaniac

Post by musiclife217 »

if anyone is near Florida, Lange's Op. 56 Message of Love (Liebesbotschaft) is with Florida State.

https://fsu-flvc.primo.exlibrisgroup.co ... 4150306576
alex72gr

Post by alex72gr »

Hello! Does anybody own a copy of Fritz Spindler's Flower Basket Op. 308? This work was published by Tonger under the title "Blumenkörbchen", by Schirmer under the title "Flower Basket" and by Ricordi Argentina under the title "Canastilla de Flores". Thanks.