Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
WCosand
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Composers from Germany [Misc]

Post by WCosand »

I tacked the page on and posted this file:
Maybe Mike or someone else with a score can let me know whether there are still some missing measures.

http://waltercosand.com/CosandScores/Co ... _Op.22.pdf
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

On the old PP board I remeber some queries about the pianoforte music of Ludwig Spohr. According to Grove:
Pf: Waltz, c, woo31, c1808 (Leipzig, 1891); Sonata, A, op.125, 1843 (Vienna, 1843); Rondoletto, G, op.149, 1848 (Leipzig, 1855)
Courtesy of The Bavarian Library, here are the Sonata and Rondoletto. There is another (different) scan of the Rondoletto circulating as well.
spohr - op.125 piano sonata in a flat (1843).pdf
spohr - op.149 rondoletto for piano (1848).pdf
Regards
Fred
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scharwenka790
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by Scharwenka790 »

WCosand wrote:I tacked the page on and posted this file:
Maybe Mike or someone else with a score can let me know whether there are still some missing measures.

http://waltercosand.com/CosandScores/Co ... _Op.22.pdf
That's exactly right - there are no missing measures. The plates of the two editions seem almost identical except that mine has a cartouche round the music. One small difference I noticed is that the first beat of the R.H. in the 4th bar of the second system of the penultimate page only has a single E on your score. On mine it is, more sensibly, a chord of G, E, G. Possibly, mine is a corrected second edition.

Mike
besmart

Post by besmart »

Hello,

Does anyone have the solo piano version of the Variations on A Theme of Schumann Op.23 by Brahms?

Much appreciated! :?:
Timtin
Pianodeity
Instruments played, if any: Piano40

Post by Timtin »

Well, I do have it, but because it's available from Elibron (downloadable for a small fee),
it doesn't seem right to post it here, sorry.
http://www.elibron.com/english/search/f ... search.y=5
besmart

Post by besmart »

I don't think is under copyright - is it?

Most scores can be purchased from an number of places.

:shock:
Timtin
Pianodeity

Post by Timtin »

The copyrights of all Elibron Classics Replica Editions are owned by the Adamant Media Corporation.
besmart

Post by besmart »

Ah yes.... But the work is public domain! :?
rob
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Singer (bass)

Post by rob »

Timtin wrote:The copyrights of all Elibron Classics Replica Editions are owned by the Adamant Media Corporation.
Let me try to settle this disagreement. When Elibron or whoever claim copyright on their scores they are claiming copyright on the digital images, not the music!!! So to distribute images that Elibron say are their copyright does risk legal action. However, the question must be begged: are all Elibron digital images images that they themselves have made? I have heard comment before that companies such as Elibron have taken scores from the internet, including Pianophilia, and packaged them for sale. Whether Elibron themselves do this I do not know, but it would not surprise me. The notion of copyright of an image of what is a public domain work strikes me as particularly daft since the image itself is not a work of art.
Timtin
Pianodeity

Post by Timtin »

Thank you Rob for helping to clarify this confusing position.
The following points come to mind:

1.The rare scores they reprint, in the main, don't seem to be freely available elsewhere on the
internet. If they were, like most of us here, I'd also be downloading them for free.
2.Elibron, Must and others should be encouraged to continue their projects - far too many of
the world's music publishers just keep reprinting the music which everyone already has access to.
3.The members of Pianophilia are, generally speaking, seriously committed to music and
the collection of it, and as such should be prepared to pay small amounts from time to time.
4.The copyright issue isn't the only one to consider - availability is the other. Pianophilia's
policy is to allow certain copyrighted material, where the score in question is completely
impossible to obtain by other means. The flip side of this is surely to disallow works whose
copyright status is debatable, but whose commercial availability isn't a problem.

Please don't interpret this message as being argumentative - it's just an honest view
of the situation as I see it.