FW190
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Composers from Germany [Misc]

Post by FW190 »

ilu wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:34 pm I am looking for the sonatinas op. 93 [...]
Not much, but still ...
Krug,A.-.op.093-2.-.Zwei-Sonatinen-No.2-Intermezzo&Finale-(pno-Augener-Edition-1900).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In Bach we trust.
ilu
Pianomaniac

Post by ilu »

FW190:
Thank you so much.
Best regards.
Quo melius Illac
soh choon wee
Pianophiliac
Music Scores: No

Post by soh choon wee »

Can someone offer some help.....
Some years ago, i come across an edition of Hindemith Ludus Tonalis. And in nearly every pages, it comes with sketches or caricarture, i believed is drawn by Hindemith himself (but cannot be sure, as it was more than 10 years ago).

Not looking for scans or whatever, but i need to verify whether it is actually drawn by Hindemith himself. I believed it was Schott edition (could be wrong again) Thanks very much.
bingo
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by bingo »

soh choon wee wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:05 am Can someone offer some help.....
Some years ago, i come across an edition of Hindemith Ludus Tonalis. And in nearly every pages, it comes with sketches or caricarture, i believed is drawn by Hindemith himself (but cannot be sure, as it was more than 10 years ago).

Not looking for scans or whatever, but i need to verify whether it is actually drawn by Hindemith himself. I believed it was Schott edition (could be wrong again) Thanks very much.
Schott says it was the composer "The Ludus is a graphic example of the composer's delight in the fantastic. He illustrated the work with colored pencil, drawing a lion for each entry of the subject of the fugues. And for each of the twelve, a different kind of lion according to the character of the music, providing an instructive formal analysis of the music. "
https://www.jwpepper.com/Ludus-Tonalis/ ... DKubXZ_VmM

IMSLP notes: " Hindemith illustrated a copy of the AMP edition for his wife for her birthday in 1950, a facsimile of which was published under the title Ludi leonum: ED 8200 (BSS 48208), 1994. Praeludium and Postludium composed simultaneously. The first version of the fugue in B is reproduced as an appendix in SW (Sämtliche Werke)."

https://imslp.org/wiki/Ludus_Tonalis_(H ... h%2C_Paul)
soh choon wee
Pianophiliac
Music Scores: No

Post by soh choon wee »

bingo wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:24 pm
soh choon wee wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:05 am Can someone offer some help.....

Schott says it was the composer "The Ludus is a graphic example of the composer's delight in the fantastic. He illustrated the work with colored pencil, drawing a lion for each entry of the subject of the fugues. And for each of the twelve, a different kind of lion according to the character of the music, providing an instructive formal analysis of the music. "
https://www.jwpepper.com/Ludus-Tonalis/ ... DKubXZ_VmM

IMSLP notes: " Hindemith illustrated a copy of the AMP edition for his wife for her birthday in 1950, a facsimile of which was published under the title Ludi leonum: ED 8200 (BSS 48208), 1994. Praeludium and Postludium composed simultaneously. The first version of the fugue in B is reproduced as an appendix in SW (Sämtliche Werke)."

https://imslp.org/wiki/Ludus_Tonalis_(H ... h%2C_Paul)
Thanks very much. (not asking for a scan, is it possible to get an actual schott edition nowadays??? Was thinking to write something about Composer who were painters, artist etc.....)
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

soh choon wee wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:21 pm [

Thanks very much. (not asking for a scan, is it possible to get an actual schott edition nowadays??? Was thinking to write something about Composer who were painters, artist etc.....)
One of the links I suppiied was a purchase link. It's pretty trivial tto search for alternative suppliers.
vkarafil

Post by vkarafil »

The recording of Wilm's Album for the Young, Op.231:
https://youtu.be/2wHBZZwe3io

Vangelis.
vkarafil

Post by vkarafil »

Hello!
Does anybody own the following score?
Oesten: Handruhe und Geläufigkeit, Op.89. 48 melodische Übungsstücke ohne Octavspannungen

Vangelis.
bingo
Site Admin

Post by bingo »

vkarafil wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:19 pm Hello!
Does anybody own the following score?
Oesten: Handruhe und Geläufigkeit, Op.89. 48 melodische Übungsstücke ohne Octavspannungen

Vangelis.
To clarify, as there are at least two Oestens (father Theodore and son Max):

Theodore Oesten
A Guide to Rapid Fingering, Being a Series of Instructive Exercises Within the Octave Carefully Fingered for Small Hands (Op. 89) , published by Lee & Walker, Philadelphia

Literal translation: Hand Rest and Fluency, Op.89. 48 melodic practice pieces without octave tensions
vkarafil

Post by vkarafil »

Thanks Bingo!