Music from the Balkans

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: Music from the Balkans

Post by Jean-Séb »

My pleasure. You have more chances than me to play all these pieces anyway.
What I meant is that you can extract from Gallica the tiff (or jpg) files in high resolution if you go individually, as Parag mentioned as well. Then, all sorts of improvement can be brought, according to your own skills. Mine are nil in that matter.
The problem with Gallica is that sometimes the scan of the whole work that they propose is already done with the high resolution images, and in other cases, it is done with low resolution and necessitates the other strategy of downloading individual images.
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

In this particular case after looking at the Andrico on Gallica, the jpg image is of no better quality than the pdf....the scan is just low res and nothing is going to change that. For fuzzy scores like this, I forgo playing from them on the large monitor on my piano desk as it appears large & fuzzy and instead choose print it out--in a considerably small size so that it is not fuzzy. Plain and simple: large fuzzy scores give me a headache--quite literally.
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist

Post by Jean-Séb »

But there is a real noticeable difference according the method you use to download. See for example the same detail in Alfor's first scan and the one I have done (without any further optimizing), much easier to read.
(I voluntarily do not place them in this message).
Andrico Sonatine highres first page.pdf
Andrico Sonatine op first page.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

Jean-Séb, I have to agree--it does make a significant difference.
Alkanator
Cello
Classical Guitar
Recorders

Post by Alkanator »

Would anyone happen to have a copy of George Enescu's Prelude and Fugue in C (1903)?
Scriabinoff
Pianomaniac

Re: Russian & Soviet Composers - Part 3

Post by Scriabinoff »

Do not recall a Serbian region specific thread.

Dejan Despic. Anyone know the whereabouts of this score? Not postable is it?
Nokturno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1PgLPHlYYU
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

Quite a beautiful and haunting piece.
ilu
Pianomaniac

Post by ilu »

From his own web page:

http://www.dejandespic.com/biography.htmlFrom

Dejan Despić (1930), composer, music writer, theoretician and pedagogue, was born in Belgrade, where he finished primary/secondary school and secondary music school. He studied composition with Marko Tajčević and conducting with Mihailo Vukdragović at the Belgrade Academy of Music, graduating in 1955. Between 1956 and 1965 he taught theoretical subjects at the Mokranjac Music School, and from 1965 to his retirement (1995) at the Belgrade Academy of Music (today the Faculty of Music). He was elected corresponding (1985) and full member (1994) of the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts. Since 1999 Despić is secretary of the Department of Fine Arts and Music.

Beside composing, in which he accomplished approximately 200 opuses (many of them in variants), he wrote numerous scientific–theoretical papers and text–books. The most significant are: three–part scientific study on (classic) tonality (The Theory of Tonality, The Perception of Tonality, The Contrasts of Tonality), text–books meant for students of secondary music schools (The Basis of Music Science, Musical Instruments, Introduction to Contemporary Composing), and students of music faculties (Theory of Music, Music Styles, Harmonic Analysis, Harmony with Harmonic Analysis, Melody, Two–Part Writing, Polyphony, Polyphonic Arrangements, Musical Instruments), as well as translations of the books (Ctirad Kohoutek: Technika kompozicii v muzyke XX věka, Федор Дудка: Основы нотной графики). He is a collaborate of various journals and radio programmes, and writer of voluminous monographs such as The Days of Mokranjac (25 years), Belgrade Music Festival – BEMUS (30 years), Belgrade Philharmonic Orchestra (75 years) and The 'Mokranjac' Music School (100 years).

ILU.
Quo melius Illac
promusician
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano,violin,cello

Post by promusician »

Scriabinoff wrote:Do not recall a Serbian region specific thread.

Dejan Despic. Anyone know the whereabouts of this score? Not postable is it?
Nokturno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1PgLPHlYYU
on sale, but overpriced..

http://www.oboenwelt.de/brandstaetter-m ... jan-despic
Sharing is caring:)
Scriabinoff
Pianomaniac

Post by Scriabinoff »

ilu wrote:From his own web page:

http://www.dejandespic.com/biography.htmlFrom

Dejan Despić (1930), composer, music writer, theoretician and pedagogue, was born in Belgrade, where he finished primary/secondary school and secondary music school. He studied composition with Marko Tajčević and conducting with Mihailo Vukdragović at the Belgrade Academy of Music, graduating in 1955. Between 1956 and 1965 he taught theoretical subjects at the Mokranjac Music School, and from 1965 to his retirement (1995) at the Belgrade Academy of Music (today the Faculty of Music). He was elected corresponding (1985) and full member (1994) of the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts. Since 1999 Despić is secretary of the Department of Fine Arts and Music.

Beside composing, in which he accomplished approximately 200 opuses (many of them in variants), he wrote numerous scientific–theoretical papers and text–books. The most significant are: three–part scientific study on (classic) tonality (The Theory of Tonality, The Perception of Tonality, The Contrasts of Tonality), text–books meant for students of secondary music schools (The Basis of Music Science, Musical Instruments, Introduction to Contemporary Composing), and students of music faculties (Theory of Music, Music Styles, Harmonic Analysis, Harmony with Harmonic Analysis, Melody, Two–Part Writing, Polyphony, Polyphonic Arrangements, Musical Instruments), as well as translations of the books (Ctirad Kohoutek: Technika kompozicii v muzyke XX věka, Федор Дудка: Основы нотной графики). He is a collaborate of various journals and radio programmes, and writer of voluminous monographs such as The Days of Mokranjac (25 years), Belgrade Music Festival – BEMUS (30 years), Belgrade Philharmonic Orchestra (75 years) and The 'Mokranjac' Music School (100 years).

ILU.
thank you!!! :D