Music from the Balkans

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music

Re: Music from the Balkans

Postby Jim Faston » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:24 pm

Here's a scan of the Nocturne by Manolis Kalomiris. The score is pretty low res but readable. -nms-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr1OICwFF1g
Kalomiris_Nocturne.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim Faston
Pianomaniac

Postby Jim Faston » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:42 am

A nice scan of the two-piano reduction of Filip Lazăr's second piano concerto, Op.19 has appeared on IMSLP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXp1-GY5g-Q

Another scan of his Op.15 piano sonata has appeared there as well.
Jim Faston
Pianomaniac

Postby fleubis » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:44 pm

Many thanks, Jim for pointing out Lazăr's 2nd piano concerto. It certainly is an energetic piece--not a moment's rest throughout.
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Postby minacciosa » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:34 pm

caostotale wrote:
minacciosa wrote:Does anyone have access to any of Parashkev Hadjiev's music for violin?

I have one violin/piano work by a Rauf Hadjiyev called 'Algerian Melody (Poem)'. Nothing by Parashkev.

Is it possible for you to post the Hadjiyev Algerian Melody?
minacciosa

Postby Alkanator » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:39 am

Does anyone know where a copy of Enescu's Légende for violin and piano (1891) (not his trumpet piece of the same name) might be found? I've searched for ages for it, but can't even find a record of whether it is has ever been published.
Alkanator

Postby mballan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:57 pm

Alkanator wrote:Does anyone know where a copy of Enescu's Légende for violin and piano (1891) (not his trumpet piece of the same name) might be found? I've searched for ages for it, but can't even find a record of whether it is has ever been published.

Alkanator

Yes, it was published back in 2005 by Romanian Culture Centre (6 volumes of the violin works), editied by Sherban Lupa, who also recorded the work. Expect these may be difficult to find / obtain, can only suggest contacting the Centre via their website, or Lupa himself (he does have his own website). Alternatively as it was recorded by Toccata Classics see if you can obtain contact information via their site.

Malcolm
mballan
Site Owner

Postby Phillip210 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:42 pm

mballan wrote:
Alkanator wrote:Does anyone know where a copy of Enescu's Légende for violin and piano (1891) (not his trumpet piece of the same name) might be found? I've searched for ages for it, but can't even find a record of whether it is has ever been published.

Alkanator

Yes, it was published back in 2005 by Romanian Culture Centre (6 volumes of the violin works), editied by Sherban Lupa, who also recorded the work. Expect these may be difficult to find / obtain, can only suggest contacting the Centre via their website, or Lupa himself (he does have his own website). Alternatively as it was recorded by Toccata Classics see if you can obtain contact information via their site.

Malcolm

I should add that I think that it was a set piece in the 2016 Menuhin Violin Competition in London (it was certainly played by several competitors), so there will certainly be copies floating around in the collections of the competitors. I imagine that the Menuhin School in Surrey would certainly have a copy in its library.
Phillip210
Pianophiliac

Previous

Return to Keyboard Music discussion