Re: China Japan and the Far East

Post by soh choon wee »

Any Korean piano composition??
Ferruccio
Pianophiliac
Music Scores: Yes

Post by Ferruccio »

soh choon wee wrote:Any Korean piano composition??
Request seconded.
Especially easier piano works?
Best regards, Ferruccio
tobyjj
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Guitar, Banjo, Ukulele, Erhu, Trumpet, Saxophone, Recorders,

Post by tobyjj »

Hello,
There is a missing part 1b in the collection of chinese tunes for the piano
Let me check it - if there's a missing part it's probably due to my inept scanning and splitting.

regards,
tobyjj
promusician
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano,violin,cello

Post by promusician »

Hello everyone,
attached now is a contemporary Chinese 'show' piece based on a traditional chinese folksong 'A place wholly faraway'
张朝在那遥远的地方.pdf
here is the youtube link to the piece:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw-Jvh_I0ME
Enjoy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sharing is caring:)
burgmuller
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by burgmuller »

Great post!! I love music from Japan and china, but is difficult to find in Spain!
I have a small op by Toru Takemitsu, Two pieces fo children. Can I share it here?
Last edited by burgmuller on Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ilu
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by ilu »

Please share the scores if they are public domain.

Thank you in advance.

ILU.
Quo melius Illac
burgmuller
Pianophiliac

Post by burgmuller »

I'm afraid they are not. But I'm not sure
By any chance, does anyone have a book by Akira Yuyama, The world of the cake, please?
Scriabinoff
Pianomaniac

Post by Scriabinoff »

burgmuller wrote:I'm afraid they are not. But I'm not sure
By any chance, does anyone have a book by Akira Yuyama, The world of the cake, please?
I have 2 Yuyama volumes, and to my knowledge they are in print (I also have the CD recordings of teach set).

The "Confections A Piano Sweet" is really incredible, it is 'aimed at [gifted] children" but doesn't speak down to them, not too unsimilar in spirit and scope to Bartok Microcosmos or similar. I am not sure if we are lost in translation and you are referring this one or if there is another volume i was not aware of by that name (The world of the cake)

They are used extensively in teaching and young artist performing literature in Japan and the music is absolutely bursting with charm and character.

I am unfortunately unable to share due to again both chronology and CR and being in print and for sale/commercially.

The other is less common and smaller in scale called Children's Land and contains lovely little pieces for 'small hands' where ther are no intervals in a single hand greater than a 7th.

There is "Children's Word" that I do not yet have.

Anyone interested in hearing the pieces should do some searching in youtube, they stay a little hidden however so sometimes you may need to employ some google translate to get the Japanese text then search that and related results.
burgmuller
Pianophiliac

Post by burgmuller »

Thank you for your answer. The problem is that I live in a small town in Spain, forget about buying that book, no way, in the only shop I can buy scores I'm sure dont have ever heard of the composer. I've seen is in a japanese shop on line, but is not worth, the price of the post from Japan to Spain is more than the price of the book!!
Scriabinoff
Pianomaniac

Post by Scriabinoff »

burgmuller wrote:Thank you for your answer. The problem is that I live in a small town in Spain, forget about buying that book, no way, in the only shop I can buy scores I'm sure dont have ever heard of the composer. I've seen is in a japanese shop on line, but is not worth, the price of the post from Japan to Spain is more than the price of the book!!
i do a quite a bit of Japan --> out int'l post, the small book shop i use has a flat rate of what equates to 9 us dollars or so, very reasonable and i can get you in touch with them you can email them anything you look for and they source it out and do custom orders all the time for me. service is great

regarding Confections, it is avail via Schott quite easily and i would highly recommend you check this out or contact them to see about procuring it
http://www.schott-music.com/shop/show,9 ... ,3365.html

for Children's Land, you could contact them to get a quote but again almost certainly available through various vendors out side of Japan. When I import from over there it is almost always because there is no possible way to get otherwise or because I have pre ordered something and I want it shipped on release day

http://www.tfront.com/p-301665-children ... taves.aspx