Thanks a lot Scriabinof, I'll have a look
soh choon wee
Pianophiliac
Music Scores: No

Re: China Japan and the Far East

Post by soh choon wee »

Scriabinoff wrote:
burgmuller wrote:I'm afraid they are not. But I'm not sure
By any chance, does anyone have a book by Akira Yuyama, The world of the cake, please?
I have 2 Yuyama volumes, and to my knowledge they are in print (I also have the CD recordings of teach set).

The "Confections A Piano Sweet" is really incredible, it is 'aimed at [gifted] children" but doesn't speak down to them, not too unsimilar in spirit and scope to Bartok Microcosmos or similar. I am not sure if we are lost in translation and you are referring this one or if there is another volume i was not aware of by that name (The world of the cake)

They are used extensively in teaching and young artist performing literature in Japan and the music is absolutely bursting with charm and character.

I am unfortunately unable to share due to again both chronology and CR and being in print and for sale/commercially.

The other is less common and smaller in scale called Children's Land and contains lovely little pieces for 'small hands' where ther are no intervals in a single hand greater than a 7th.

There is "Children's Word" that I do not yet have.

Anyone interested in hearing the pieces should do some searching in youtube, they stay a little hidden however so sometimes you may need to employ some google translate to get the Japanese text then search that and related results.

I am able to go to japan to get the scores....... but I need the title in Japanese language to make sense out of it. So, is it too much to ask for a scan of the COVER page, and just any one page of the score so that we have a sample of what the content is like???

Thank you.
soh choon wee
Pianophiliac

Post by soh choon wee »

soh choon wee wrote:
Scriabinoff wrote:
By any chance, does anyone have a book by Akira Yuyama, The world of the cake, please?
I have 2 Yuyama volumes, and to my knowledge they are in print (I also have the CD recordings of teach set).

The "Confections A Piano Sweet" is really incredible, it is 'aimed at [gifted] children" but doesn't speak down to them, not too unsimilar in spirit and scope to Bartok Microcosmos or similar. I am not sure if we are lost in translation and you are referring this one or if there is another volume i was not aware of by that name (The world of the cake)

They are used extensively in teaching and young artist performing literature in Japan and the music is absolutely bursting with charm and character.

I am unfortunately unable to share due to again both chronology and CR and being in print and for sale/commercially.

The other is less common and smaller in scale called Children's Land and contains lovely little pieces for 'small hands' where ther are no intervals in a single hand greater than a 7th.

Anyone interested in hearing the pieces should do some searching in youtube, they stay a little hidden however so sometimes you may need to employ some google translate to get the Japanese text then search that and related results.

I am able to go to japan to get the scores....... but I need the title in Japanese language to make sense out of it. So, is it too much to ask for a scan of the COVER page, and just any one page of the score so that we have a sample of what the content is like???

Thank you.

Sorry...... Never mind, I got it....

The composer Akira Yuyama is 湯山昭

The piece is お菓子の世界:ポップコーン .
Scriabinoff
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Post by Scriabinoff »

soh choon wee wrote:
soh choon wee wrote:
Scriabinoff wrote:

Thank you.

Sorry...... Never mind, I got it....

The composer Akira Yuyama is 湯山昭

The piece is お菓子の世界:ポップコーン .
I may be able to extract a sample page or two for example and illustrative purposes only not too unlike the publisher sames they make available on websites that sell scores so you can preview the score prior to purchase.

Will take a little time to find my scans and extract and UL but will work on it and post them here asap.
burgmuller
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by burgmuller »

Thank you very much soh choon wee and Scriabinoff, thi's is amazing!! thank you very much!
This the japanese web I saw the book
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/with ... /10009659/
eusebius32
Participant
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by eusebius32 »

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can purchase piano solo scores of Hsiao Tyzen, aka. "Taiwanese Rachmaninoff?"

I found this website using google: http://lovetaiwansociety.org/
It says for more information about Dr. Hsiao’s compositions and for music score requests,
please contact: Crystal Ho: titiarthouse@yahoo.com
soh choon wee
Pianophiliac

Post by soh choon wee »

Not sure anyone has any means to get this (FIVE) japan piano concertoes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlwBPcuaY9c

Hisato Ohzawa (1907-53) - Piano Concerto No.3 "Kamikaze" (1938)
1. Larghetto maestoso - Allegro assai (0:00)
2. Andante cantabile (10:23)
3. Allegro moderato - Allegro vivace (18:22)
Pf. - Ekaterina Saranceva
Cond. - Dmitry Yablonsky
Russian Philharmonic Orchestra
Rec. - 2003
(This Concerto is not related to Japanese special attack units of WW2.)

[26:23]
Akira Ifukube (1914-2006) - Ritmica Ostinata for piano and orchestra (1961)
Pf.- Hitoshi Kobayashi
Cond. - Hiroshi Wakasugi
Yomiuri Nippon Symphony Orchestra
Rec. - 1971

Akio Yashiro (1929-76) - Piano Concerto (1967)
1. Allegro animato (47:47)
2. Adagio misterioso (1:00:12)
3. Allegro - Andante - Vivace molto capriccioso (1:07:44)
Pf. - Hiromi Okada
Cond. - Takuo Yuasa
Ulster Orchestra
Rec. - 2001

Teizo Matsumura (1929-2007) - Piano Concerto No.2 (1978)
I. (1:14:35)
II. (1:26:40)
Pf. - Minoru Nojima
Cond. - Hiroyuki Iwaki
Tokyo Metropolitan Symphony Orchestra
Rec. - January 30, 1992 / Suntory Hall, Tokyo (Live Recording)

Takashi Yoshimatsu (1953-) - Piano Concerto "Memo Flora", Op. 67 (1997)
1. Flower: Andante tranquillo - Allegro (1:46:47)
2. Petals: Andante (2:01:17)
3. Bloom: Allegro (2:12:00)
Pf. - Kyoko Tabe
Cond. - Sachio Fujioka
Manchester Camerata
Rec. - 1998

大澤壽人 - ピアノ協奏曲第3番「神風協奏曲」 (1938)
ピアノ - エカテリーナ・サランツェヴァ
指揮 - ドミートリー・ヤブロンスキー
ロシア・フィルハーモニー管弦楽団
録音:2003

伊福部昭 - ピアノと管弦楽のためのリトミカ・オスティナータ (1961)
ピアノ - 小林仁
指揮 - 若杉弘
読売日本交響楽団
録音:1971年1月

矢代秋雄 - ピアノ協奏曲 (1967)
ピアノ - 岡田博美
指揮 - 湯浅卓雄
アルスター管弦楽団
録音:2001年

松村禎三 - ピアノ協奏曲第2番 (1978)
ピアノ - 野島稔
指揮 - 岩城宏之
東京都交響楽団
録音:1992年1月30日、サントリーホール(ライヴ録音)

吉松隆 - ピアノ協奏曲「メモ・フローラ」 Op. 67 (1997)
ピアノ - 田部京子
指揮- 藤岡幸夫
マンチェスター・カメラータ
録音:1998
klavieronin

Post by klavieronin »

soh choon wee wrote:Not sure anyone has any means to get this (FIVE) japan piano concertoes.
Do you mean the score or a recording?

I have the complete score for Ifukube's Ritmica Ostinata. I can't remember where I got it but it looks like it is available here; http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/sm/7318710

God only knows I've tried to fine the score for Yoshimatsu's Piano Concerto, and he has another one for left hand alone which hasn't been recorded yet as far as I'm aware.

I have recordings of all the others except the Teizo Matsumura one.
soh choon wee
Pianophiliac

Post by soh choon wee »

I meant the scores, despite my frequent visit to Japan, I had never been able to find any Japanese piano cover toes scores.
Scriabinoff
Pianomaniac
Instruments played, if any: Piano

Post by Scriabinoff »

any info on who publishes or how to purchase this prelude of Shohei AMIMORI? It has a lot Kapustinian flare to it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHwSmilTQZg
Shohei Amimori is a composer, sound artist and keyboardist.
He was born in Tokyo in 1990. He completed a master’s program of Tokyo University of Fine Arts and Music. Many contemporary music works he composed being played widely in Japan and overseas.
On the other side, He is the musician of electronic music. Using the computer and hard devices, he makes production of sound installation and makes live performance.
He has been awarded the prize of composition for the highest grade of PTNA Piano Competition 2007, the prize YOSHIO HASEGAWA at Tokyo University of the Arts 2011, the prize MESSIAEN at Académie de Musique Française de Kyoto 2013 and the first prize of the Music Competition of Japan 2013 (category of composition). He has been selected as the finalist of the audition of RADIO SAKAMOTO (on j-wave 81.3FM) presided over by Ryuichi Sakamoto