China Japan and the Far East

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
Biljana
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: China Japan and the Far East

Post by Biljana »

Scriabinoff wrote:From "The Stacks" (what I like to affectionately call the scores over at the Crouch Music Library).
Thank you very much for these books.

Biljana
Scriabinoff
Pianomaniac

Post by Scriabinoff »

I scanned these a while back but really wanted to try multiple times over a couple weeks or so to really try and see if this was still in print. To my current understanding (i.e. various google searches, looking for the publishers website, seeing if there's any mention of it for sale as new, amazon, etc), only 'new old stock' and used copies of this are available if you can find them at all. I do not have any volumes after No. 1 (yet), if/when I come across another I will post.

Sonatinas Collection 1, Ongaku No Tomo Edition (Japan).
"8 pieces by Toroque Takagui, Tomojiro Ikenouchi, Hisatada Otaka, Kazuo Yamada, Akihiro Tsukatani, Hajime Okumura, Akira Miyoshi and Kazuko Hara, a sampling of Japanese modern compositions in a classical form"

70.55 MB (I used the lowest settings I could use that would allow for clear image scans with the particular machine I was using, I experimented with several options before going with this one)
http://www.mediafire.com/?7f6d52us0zxt5zg
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist

Post by Jean-Séb »

Thank you for that. Looks interesting.
pianojay

Post by pianojay »

Scriabinoff wrote:I scanned these a while back but really wanted to try multiple times over a couple weeks or so to really try and see if this was still in print. To my current understanding (i.e. various google searches, looking for the publishers website, seeing if there's any mention of it for sale as new, amazon, etc), only 'new old stock' and used copies of this are available if you can find them at all. I do not have any volumes after No. 1 (yet), if/when I come across another I will post.

Sonatinas Collection 1, Ongaku No Tomo Edition (Japan).
"8 pieces by Toroque Takagui, Tomojiro Ikenouchi, Hisatada Otaka, Kazuo Yamada, Akihiro Tsukatani, Hajime Okumura, Akira Miyoshi and Kazuko Hara, a sampling of Japanese modern compositions in a classical form"

70.55 MB (I used the lowest settings I could use that would allow for clear image scans with the particular machine I was using, I experimented with several options before going with this one)
http://www.mediafire.com/?7f6d52us0zxt5zg
I was able to get the volume down to 17.2 MB without losing clarity. Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?jsmgggjjnmmodis
Jean-Séb
Pianomasochist

Post by Jean-Séb »

Very good. I tried but was stuck to 40 MB.
Scriabinoff
Pianomaniac

Post by Scriabinoff »

thanks so much guys! i am trying to save up for an adobe suite of my own so i can try to tinker with this stuff in 'post edits' , i know others sincerely appreciate the trimming!
sgambatiesque

Post by sgambatiesque »

Scriabinoff wrote:thanks so much guys! i am trying to save up for an adobe suite of my own so i can try to tinker with this stuff in 'post edits' , i know others sincerely appreciate the trimming!
Gosh I use the wealth of free PDF editing tools out there for the most part. The only paid tool I have is the indispensable PDF Annotator (by Grahl software)
HullandHellandHalifax
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano organ harmonium

Post by HullandHellandHalifax »

Abaza A.B. - Op.56 Chinese Engravings.pdf
I found this score recently and despite the name the composer was actually born in China, he worked there for many years until approaching retirement age and then moved to Holland as you can see from the biography at the end. Although technically still in copyright the chances of more of his pieces turning up is probably rather remote so I post them here in the hope that some of us will enjoy his evocative pieces which would otherwise have disappeared into the pot of oblivion.
Brian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fleubis
Pianomasochist

Post by fleubis »

Brian, thank you for posting the Abaza "Engravings"...these charming little pieces are dandy little morsels...i can just hear them being played by Chinese instruments.
promusician
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano,violin,cello

Post by promusician »

tobyjj wrote:I see the Spring Trip Suite and other works of Ting Te shan has already been uploaded - I have the same, but my edition has english titles as well if anyone is interested.
Here's the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?45z0uq6qi7swk

I'll also post my link to a collection of Chinese piano pieces - The album is titled "A collection of Chinese Tunes for Piano" - I had to split it into four parts - the pieces vary in difficulty from simple to fiendish.
Here's the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?45z0uq6qi7swk

Thanks to the other posters for the other pieces - some of which I have been looking for a long while without success.

Parag, you ask about erhu method, books - I have some, but I need to dig them out - it may be better to contact me privately, as I'm not sure everyone is interested in that. Also, you need to know that the notation is sol-fa with numbers not conventional western staves.

Regards,
tobyjj

There is a missing part 1b in the collection of chinese tunes for the piano
Sharing is caring:)