Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: China Japan and the Far East

Post by oren segev »

Shui Lung-Piano Piece on Chinese folk song for children
Shui Lung-Piano Piece on Chinese folk song for children.pdf
Oren
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paddys
Instruments played, if any: Piano.

Post by Paddys »

Does anyone have:

Ren Guang (arr. Wang Jian-zhong): Silver [or sometimes 'Colorful'] Clouds Chasing the Moon

Written by Ren Guang in 1935, Silver Clouds Chasing the Moon was originally for Chinese instrumental ensemble. The piano transcription was written in 1975. The pure harmonies and rich texture help keep the original folk character. At the same time, the transcription makes full use of the piano's expressive power. This is an illustrative piece of contemporary Chinese music.

Have heard it a few times. Pretty piece!

Cheers,

P.
Hands

Post by Hands »

Paddys wrote:Does anyone have:

Ren Guang (arr. Wang Jian-zhong): Silver [or sometimes 'Colorful'] Clouds Chasing the Moon

Written by Ren Guang in 1935, Silver Clouds Chasing the Moon was originally for Chinese instrumental ensemble. The piano transcription was written in 1975. The pure harmonies and rich texture help keep the original folk character. At the same time, the transcription makes full use of the piano's expressive power. This is an illustrative piece of contemporary Chinese music.

Have heard it a few times. Pretty piece!

Cheers,

P.
That is a Lunar New Year favourite.

I will post it for you when I get to scan it. I should have it somewhere.
Hands

Post by Hands »

Paddys wrote:Does anyone have: Ren Guang (arr. Wang Jian-zhong): Silver [or sometimes 'Colorful'] Clouds Chasing the Moon
Wang Jian-Zhong (1933 - ). Graduate of the Shanghai Music Conservatory.
Wang Jian-Zhong_Silver Clouds Chasing The Moon.pdf
His Silver Clouds Chasing the Moon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hands

Post by Hands »

Another transcription by Wang Jian-Zhong.
Wang Jian-Zhong_Liuyang River.pdf
The transcription of the Hunan Folksong made famous by Lang Lang - Liuyang River.
HullandHellandHalifax
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: piano organ harmonium

Post by HullandHellandHalifax »

Thanks hands for all these new additions to the thread, greatly appreciated. I don't know about you but I do love the titles the Chinese (and others from the East) give to their pieces, they are so poetic and picturesque, makes playing them even more pleasurable, much better than Klavierstuck, Morceau etc.
regards
Brian
remy
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: piano

Post by remy »

HullandHellandHalifax wrote:I don't know about you but I do love the titles the Chinese (and others from the East) give to their pieces, they are so poetic and picturesque, makes playing them even more pleasurable, much better than Klavierstuck, Morceau etc.
regards
Brian
Very true with regard to the titles of the pieces.

Not so true for the composer's name, though I suppose Wang could be considered 'picturesque'.

jeremy
Hands

Post by Hands »

remy wrote:
HullandHellandHalifax wrote:I don't know about you but I do love the titles the Chinese (and others from the East) give to their pieces, they are so poetic and picturesque, makes playing them even more pleasurable, much better than Klavierstuck, Morceau etc.
regards
Brian
Very true with regard to the titles of the pieces. Not so true for the composer's name, though I suppose Wang could be considered 'picturesque'.

jeremy
Chinese is a character based language. So the "Western" spelling of the names is based on the phonation of these characters. So a same name may be spelt in several different ways, as long as they sound the same. And each character has its own meaning.
So:
Wang - king or emperor
Jian - healthy, strong
Zhong - middle, (as in Zhong Guo or Middle Kingdom or China)

Beat this for being picturesque: The Sound of Big Waves.
Wang Li-San_The Sound of Big Waves.pdf
Wang Li-San (1933 - ) 1959 graduate of the Shanghai Music Conservatory.
(Note the Wang here is different from Wang Jian-Zhong. 2 different characters, but they sound the same, so they are spelt the same.)
Hands

Post by Hands »

An arrangement of a haunting Inner Mongolian Folksong by Ren Da-Min
Ren Da-Min_Gadameilin.pdf
Inner Mongolia folk song
The young wild gooses (symbolizing Gada Melin, hero of Mongols)from the south,
You always stop at Xila Muren River before flying further.
The wild gooses are from north to south
In order to seek the warmness ofthe sun.
So Gada Meilin, who rose up to fight,
Was for the land of Mongols.
The young wild gooses from the south,
You always stop at Xila Muren River before flying further.
So Gada Meilin, who rose up to fight,
Was forthe land of Mongols.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gada_Meiren
soh choon wee
Pianophiliac
Music Scores: No

Post by soh choon wee »

Does anyone by any chance has TAIWAN composer SongRen Xu (徐颂仁)[/color] piano concerto and another TAIWAN composer DeHe Lai (赖德和) piano trio"Spring Flood" ??

Thank you very much.

Cheers.