China Japan and the Far East

Piano, Fortepiano and Harpsichord Music
Alex
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano
Music Scores: Yes

Re: China Japan and the Far East

Post by Alex »

I was in South Korea last week and I was able to scan some piano music books with my camera in Yonsei University in Seoul. I guess all of it is still in copyright, but since it's virtually impossible to find outside of Korea I hope it's ok to post here. Here is one piece so far. I'm sorry for the large size, bad quality, and general badness of this file (but not the music!). I'm trying to figure out how to format these large images in a proper way, but no luck so far! Anyway, Enjoy!

Alex

PS I have some books of Ding Shan-de that I would love to scan and post sometime. Hopefully I can get around to it!
Un Hoe Park - Arirang Variations.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lutoslawski
Pianophiliac
Instruments played, if any: Piano,Violin. Composer.

Post by lutoslawski »

Never noticed this thread. I am currently living in Taiwan (republic of china). Are you pianophilicacs interested in works from taiwanese composers?.. and also from the Continental china? I can surely provide some works. Please do tell me if you guys are interested. :P
Tony
fredbucket
Site Admin
Instruments played, if any: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ, Piano Accordian, Button Accordian, Anglo and Duet Concertinas, Oboe, Cor Anglais, 6 & 12 string guitars, 5-string banjo.

Post by fredbucket »

lutoslawski wrote:Please do tell me if you guys are interested.
Yes we are of course, but please note our copyright guidelines. Drop a PM to Malcolm if in any doubt.

Regards
Fred
lutoslawski
Pianophiliac

Post by lutoslawski »

By the way.. any taiwanese here in this forum apart from me?
I am not really good translating chinese characters into english words, (Pinyin). Any real chinese here, help me out. I am just a chilean living in taiwan hahaha.
This work is for piano and voice, or 2 part chorus.
And Sayonara, with lyrics, by a chinese poet/philosopher "Shu Tze Muo" *if my pinyin is not so horrible.

Tony
Sayonara.pdf
Taiwan is a treasure island.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lutoslawski
Pianophiliac

Post by lutoslawski »

Another work with lyrics by Shu Tze Muo.
Ou Ran. Means "Suddenly" , with or without surprise. Is a word used in literature. Not use in conversation.
Piano + Voice
I will post in a few days perhaps, a work from a contemporary taiwanese composer (or chinese) for Violin and piano. And hopefully Taiwan Rhapsody for 2 pianos, by Huang Huang.

Tony
OuRan.pdf
soh choon wee
Pianophiliac
Music Scores: No

Post by soh choon wee »

lutoslawski wrote:By the way.. any taiwanese here in this forum apart from me?
I am not really good translating chinese characters into english words, (Pinyin). Any real chinese here, help me out. I am just a chilean living in taiwan hahaha.
This work is for piano and voice, or 2 part chorus.
And Sayonara, with lyrics, by a chinese poet/philosopher "Shu Tze Muo" *if my pinyin is not so horrible.

Tony

Hi, TONY,
Thanks. I am ethnic Chinese. I love to see some piano composition of Ma Shui Long马水龙 (named in the Chinese way) or Shui-Long Ma (named in the European way, with family name as last name). I understand he had at least writen a piano concerto.
Thank you very much.
soh choon wee
Pianophiliac

Post by soh choon wee »

lutoslawski wrote:Another work with lyrics by Shu Tze Muo.
Ou Ran. Means "Suddenly" , with or without surprise. Is a word used in literature. Not use in conversation.
Piano + Voice
I will post in a few days perhaps, a work from a contemporary taiwanese composer (or chinese) for Violin and piano. And hopefully Taiwan Rhapsody for 2 pianos, by Huang Huang.

Tony

Abour "Ou Ran"偶然 (by chance, unplanned, spontaneous)

The poem was written by Shu Tze Mou (徐志摩), an important modern poet who wrote in the style of romanticism and aestheticism.
徐志摩(1897.1.15~1931.11.19),现代诗人、散文家。汉族,浙江海宁市硖石镇人。徐志摩是金庸的表兄。原名章垿,字槱森,留学美国时改名志摩。曾经用过的笔名:南湖、诗哲、海谷、谷、大兵、云中鹤、仙鹤、删我、心手、黄狗、谔谔等。徐志摩是新月派代表诗人,新月诗社成员。1915年毕业于杭州一中,先后就读于上海沪江大学、天津北洋大学和北京大学。 1918年赴美国学习银行学。1921年赴英国留学,入剑桥大学1当特别生,研究政治经济学。在剑桥两年深受西方教育的熏陶及欧美浪漫主义和唯美派诗人的影响。
http://baike.baidu.com/view/14176.htm?fr=ala0_1_1

The music was composed by Li wei-ning(李惟宁) and arranged by Lin Fu-Yu (林福裕).

Please note, the naming is according to Chinese system, ie Family name , then First name. (incidentally, i understood that, Hungarian used the same system too).
soh choon wee
Pianophiliac

Post by soh choon wee »

Abou "Sayonara" (Japanese, meaning Goodbye. Shu Tze Muo took the sound-translation from japanese)
The poem was written by Shu Tze Mou (徐志摩), and it is another famous work. Shu wrote about his meeting with a japanese girl.
The music was composed by Lue chuan-shen(吕泉生) and arranged into two-part chorus by Li zi-shao (李子韶).

Abour "Taiwan shi bao-dao"台湾是宝岛 (Taiwan is a precious island)
The lyric was written by Li wei-ning(颜信星) and the music composed by Lin Fu-Yu (萧泰然).
lutoslawski
Pianophiliac

Post by lutoslawski »

soh choon wee wrote:Abou "Sayonara" (Japanese, meaning Goodbye. Shu Tze Muo took the sound-translation from japanese)
The poem was written by Shu Tze Mou (徐志摩), and it is another famous work. Shu wrote about his meeting with a japanese girl.
The music was composed by Lue chuan-shen(吕泉生) and arranged into two-part chorus by Li zi-shao (李子韶).

Abour "Taiwan shi bao-dao"台湾是宝岛 (Taiwan is a precious island)
The lyric was written by Li wei-ning(颜信星) and the music composed by Lin Fu-Yu (萧泰然).
Thank you for helping me out :)
To add another info. Taiwan Shi Bao Dao, is a work that must be sang in "taiwanese" , a local Dialect. The Dialect is sang according to the chinese characters, but it is not as pronounced as the characters shown.
By the way, i will try to find and ask , about this particular Piano Concerto you are looking for.

Tony
lutoslawski
Pianophiliac

Post by lutoslawski »

Here is some works for Piano and Erhu. Anybody interested in performing it with a western instrument, is recommended to use the Violin.
Soh Choon Wee. Can you help tell me where this works come from and some history, because i didnt recieve any information while having this scores in my hand. By the way , various characters are in Simplified chinese, which i cant really understand. I Only understand traditional .
A friend helped me a little bit with these words. I dont know if i am right, if not , please correct me
San Men Xia
The love of Tzu Jiang (river?)
Tzuo Yin Yao Hong-- according to what i learned in chinese, is movements of the candles shadow.

Tony
Tzu Jiang Love.pdf
San Men Xia.pdf
Tzuo Yin Yao Hong.pdf